Date Time field return just time

 Hi,

I have a data/time field in access which is queried using a datasource linked to a check box list, the field contains only hh:mm but is returning dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm, does anyone know how to just return hh:mm?

jd65pl

It will return complete date and timestamp so if you want the same to be displayed in hh:mm format then while qerying you will need to format the feild if you want it in hh:mm.

Thanks
Ashish
http://itsmeashish.blogspot.com
0
ashah7

just Time or date portion of a date/time field

just Time or date portion of date/time field: SOMEBODY PLS
Good Day, From a DateTime data column how do I get just a Time portin or just a date portion of data to be displayed. i.e from 11/6/2003 10:03:20 AM I need to display date and time seperately in my data display page. Thanks Regards, When you pull in a SQL datetime column value into your .NET code, it is usually cast to a .NET DateTime type... something like this: System.DateTime TheDateAndTime = (System.DateTime)someDataReader["MySQLDateColumn"] Then you can use a variety of .NET methods included in the DateTime class to convert to a strin...

date/time or date and time
I am setting up an SQL database and I will need to get differences in dates. For example I have a start date, start time, completion date and completion time and I want to get the difference between the start and completion. Would it be better to have one field with both date and time in it, or better to have a date field and a time field? Even though I have already started setting up the tables with seperate fields for date and time I am now leaning toward one field with date/time in it. (Only because that is the way I had to do it when setting up an Excel spreadsheet for a similar ta...

Date entered...add time value to make date/time field
Windows XP Professional InfoMaker v 9.0.2 Build 7509 Our database contains a date/time stamp for when a specific activity happens to each shipment. I would like the users to be able to simply enter a date for a specific work day. I need to get a list of shipments where the time of one activity occurred on the entered date prior to 9:20. How can I create a computed field that will basically concatenate/amend the entered date with 9:20 that will later be used for criteria in returning rows? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! Rita Palazzi Senior Engineer /...

hide time in date/time field
hi. i have code : objConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=c:\database\tfasim.mdb;")   if rblLTorGT.SelectedValue = "Id" then      strSQLQuery = "SELECT Date_T as  [date] ,name FROM table " & _     ORDER BY " & ddlSortBy.SelectedItem.Value.ToString() & ddlSortOrder.SelectedItem.Value.ToString()   objCommand = New OleDbCommand(strSQLQuery, objConnection)   objConnection.Open()    objData...

Update Only the Time in a date time field
Hi,i have a table having a datatime field and on a datagrid I need only to display and update the time part. I'm using select CONVERT(CHAR(8), JobStartTime, 8) AS StartTime from table to get the date. What is  the best way to write the update command . What woul dbe the best approch.   Regards, Vijay  1. Instate of doing formatting in the SQL, Try to do that is the DataGrid with FormatString. 2. To Update the Database , you can do that in two ways.    a. Either go for Store Procudure. Send the TIME you want to set for record. Your SP should some ...

Date / Time Field
PB 7.0.3 I have an application that records patient encounters, treatments and referrals for an Emergency Department within a hospital. Each encounter records time to nurse and time to physician - these fields are of datetime format. This application is for statistical purposes only and therefore is not real time (unit clerks key in the necessary data throughout the day). Here is a senerio... Patient A enters the ED and the date / time of encounter is recorded. The date and time that the triage nurse first assesses the patient is recorded (time to nurse) The date and time that th...

remove time part from a date/time field value
How does one remove or avoid the time part from a date/time field value. For example store 12/12/2006 instead of 12/12/2006 12:00:00 Am --------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- You can use one of the appropriate Standard DateTime Format Strings such as d or D.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! You should be able to use DateTime dt = DateTime.Now dt.ToString("d")  //this will format as short date time FYI: If you want to do it at the query ...

DATE field to DATE/TIME
Hello, If the field is defined as a DATE and you do: select datefield+1 from mytable Does the ODBC API (actually ASA 9.02 backend) return a field that is DATETIME or a DATE field? It is messing up my compiled application and seems to be coming back as DATETIME. Thank you. -Robert You are correct, the value is being returned as a TIMESTAMP. You can verify this through using the EXPRTYPE() builtin function, as in select exprtype('select datefield+1 from mytable', 1) from dummy which will return TIMESTAMP. Exprtype is documented in the help. You alm...

java date time and utc date time
hi i have a client written in delphi the backend is written in java (webservice) when fetching a date field from the db, through java to delphi (TXSDateTime class), for some reason the date changes. in the db: 30/07/2009 00:00:00 in delphi: xsdatetime.asdatetime = 29/07/2009 23:00:00 (1 hour before) in delphi xsdatetime.asutcdatetime = 29/07/2009 21:00:00 (3 hours before) i guess it's a matter of timezones but all we want is simply to fetch the same date as it appears in the DB what are we missing? thanks amos szust wrote: > hi > > i have a client written in d...

time-time
Hi There, Delphi 2010 with PostGresSQL 9.3 database. I did try := Time(), the way it worked with Paradox and many more I tried. E2250 no overload version of "TimeToStr" that can be called with this argument. Can somebody guide me here, thanks in advance. {delphi code} dm.tArrivedwaiting.value := timetostr() - dm.tArrivedtime.value ; {code} Fields are StringFields or time with time zone(tried without??) ////// CREATE TABLE "ARRIVED" ( dummy serial NOT NULL, userno smallint, "time" time with time zone, patientno integer, ...

times out all the time!!!
Name: Optical Excellence Email: specsatopticalexcellencedotca Product: Thunderbird Summary: times out all the time!!! Comments: I can not access either the web email site downloaded mail nor the Thunderbird email downloaded email because I get a time out all the time!! Not a way to run an email site, especially as this is for our business! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

MOVED: time between to given times (was: time between to given times)
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 15:21:06 -0800, Mike Thomas wrote: Moved to delphi.language.delphi.general https://forums.codegear.com/thread.jspa?threadID=11972 -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com ...

Omit time component of custom date/time field from bug lists
Greetings, I have searched the group, looked at the docs, and even browsed the source = code. Surely others have asked this and I apologize if I just haven't seen = that--I just can't imagine I'm the first one. Anyway, we need some custom dates in Bugzilla 3.6. No problem--there is a "= date/time" field format for custom fields. This works great. The problem is= that we absolutely do not care about TIMES. We only care about dates. We c= an live with the superfluous "time" string that gets appended to the date o= nce it has been saved, in the bug edi...

Web resources about - Date Time field return just time - asp.net.object-datasource

Desert Strike: Return to the Gulf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The game was later released on several other formats, including a much upgraded version for the Amiga home computer. The game was inspired by ...

Jarryd Hayne's return to San Francisco 49ers line-up may hinge on NFL's strict concussion protocol
... the man standing in Jarryd Hayne's way could find he has no choice but to sit out the 49ers next match. Jarryd Hayne's hopes of returning to ...

Wix.com Teams With DreamWorks Animation, Not an Ad Agency, for Super Bowl Return
Wix.com is going animated for Super Bowl 50. The web development company is partnering with DreamWorks Animation, forgoing the traditional client-agency ...

Former Cub Reporter Returns to Lead Newspaper as Editor
You can go home again. Three decades after starting out at The Opelika-Auburn News as a cub reporter, Troy Turner has returned to serve as the ...

Jaguar returns to racing with a Formula E team
... on some rather exciting stuff like remote-control via smartphones and full-windscreen heads-up displays. Today, it announced that it will return ...

Jaguar returns to open-wheel racing with Formula E team
Filed under: Green , Motorsports , Jaguar , Electric , Racing Jaguar is returning to open-wheel racing, going all-electric with a new FIA Formula ...

F5 CEO Resigns, Former CEO McAdam Returns
Shares of networking equipment maker F5 Networks ( FFIV ) are up 59 cents, or 0.6%, at $96.90, after the company this afternoon said its chief ...

Video: Will Ferrell returns to SNL as George W. Bush
Thanks to a lineup of quirky and controversial candidates, the current run-up to the 2016 U.S. Presidential election has been both bizarre and ...

Uncertainty over Andrew Luck injury return - Business Insider Deutschland
Mixed reports coming out of Indianapolis regarding Andrew Luck's health paint a worrisome picture for the remainder of their season.

Formerly conjoined twins return to hospital for reunion
Doctors at Mattel Children's Hospital UCLA spent 23 painstaking hours separating identical twins Josie and Teresita Alvarez 13 years ago