automatic convert for float number

Hi,

I'm using the string format {0:N} to display the value of a field. THe field has the datatype float and it is on a postgreqsql server.

I use the databinding for it.

Because of the different between SQL languages and windows cultural properties, we have to each time format the value to the right one, so the sql server can execute it.

In postgresql, I have to write 1.5 not 1,5 for example.

In German, we use 1,5 as the standard input format in windows.

How can I automatically convert 1,5 to 1.5 without using Updating event ? Are there any property for that ?

mzda

There is a method in globalization that takes care of the Number Separator as it is called, try the thread below for details.  Hope this helps.

http://forums.asp.net/thread/1304391.aspx

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
0
Caddre

Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Stu
Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Studio 2005. Then, he changed to another company. Now, I take over his job. Unfortunately, when I attempted to open that solution, Visual Studio 2005 prompted me the conversion wizard again to forced me to perform a conversion on the solution. Does someone know why?--Harish Patel www.MicrosoftSQLandASP.netpatelharish@gmail.com Hi, How many projects are in the solution, does it have UNLOADE...

VB.NET: How to convert hexadecimal number to normal (decimal) number?
Hi to all VB.NET function Hex() converts numbers to hexadecimal strings, is there any reverse function that converts hexadecimals back to numbers?? Thanks, Hooker Hi, how are you? In C#, we have something like: Convert.ToInt32(string strValue, int Base)... So I basically can do: Int iDecimal = Convert.ToInt32("AF8", 16); I'm pretty sure there must be something like it on VB.Net. Hope this Helps, Covohttp://covodev.blogspot.com/"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler", A. Einstein That should work, thanks. I'm fine, BTW...

How do I convert strings to floating number?
Hi there, I have a simple problem that I'm sure has been asked before (so why not again ;)) I have a list like this: 1e-100 2e-100 1e-45 5e-10 1 10 20 and want to make correct assignments: 1e-100 SMALL 2e-100 SMALL 1e-45 BIGGER 5e-10 BIGGER 1 BIGGER 10 BIG 20 BIG But with this code while (<>) { chomp; if ($_ lt 1e-50) { print "$_\t SMALL\n"; } elsif (($_ gt 1e-50) && $_ lt 5) { print "$_\t BIGGER\n"; } elsif ($_ gt 5) { print "$_\t BIGGEST\n"; } I only get ...

Convert javascript data to .net objects
 Hi!I have some js data: integers, strings, objects that is dynamicaly  created on web page by js functions. I need to post this data to server side to process it in my C# code. I wonder are there any othrer way of doing that, except assigning all data to hidden value and then parsing it as a string on the server side? Maybe some tool like DWR in java to convert js objects to POCO objects?  Well you need to get the data to the server. And the only way to do it is to pass it up as a form parameter. So you either have to usea hidden field with a tradional postback or you use a...

Converting datawindow objects to datawindow .Net
Hi, Can someone please list the various methods we can use to convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net object ? Thanks, Sanjay I'm lost. There's no conversion necessary. PB and DW.Net use the same datawindow objects. On 19 Feb 2007 17:46:15 -0800, Converting wrote: >Hi, > >Can someone please list the various methods we can use to >convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net >object ? > >Thanks, > >Sanjay Thanks Bruce. I probably confused you but good to know that we can modify the datawin...

Automatically create a database from a .Net object
Hi,I was wondering if there was a way to create a database using something other than writing a SQL command.My current thinking is that if you create a DataTable object, you might be able to somehow pass that to a database connection and then .net will create the sql to not only create the database in SQL but also insert the data into the table.  Is this possible?If not, don't let that idea limit you, i'm open to using LINQ or any other technology to achieve an automatically created database.Thanks in advanceauschucky What a coincidence, I just blogged about it today! http:/...

Replace the .NET 1.1 Behavior-Object with the .NET 2.0 Tag-Object , How to?
Hello, to set the Style - Attribute of my custom controls tag in source view from within its designer i use now the following code:Behavior.SetStyleAttribute("Left", false, val, true);This works fine but my visual studio 2005 / asp.net 2.0 says that the Behavior object is obsolete. The recommended alternative is the Tag object. But when i use it to set the Style attribute it doesn't work . I can set all other attributes or even create new ones using this Tag object but it does'nt work for the style attribute at all. What am i doing wrong? If I can't set the style attribute in my custom contr...

COnvert XMLSchema file to Object in VB.NET
I have in the past seen a few samples but can not find any. Can anyone help me with information on how to convert an XMLSchema file into an object class.Net Web/Software Engineer Hi, Are you asking for some code to deserialize a file iinto an object that was created with the XSD utility?  If so, here it is.  If not, would you explain what you mean XMLSchema file?  Dim mystock As stock Dim stockStreamReader As StreamReader Dim stockSerializer As New XmlSerializer(GetType(stock)) stockStreamReader = New StreamReader(stockFilename) mystock = CType(stockSerializer.D...

Object Datasource and Custom Object
Hey, I have an object datasource that populates a detailsview.  I know how to update the changes using a BLL method like so: public static UpdateUser(string Username, string Surname); However I would like to use the objects update() method ive created that essentially calls: public static UpdateUser(User user); The question is, how do I access the fields that are contained within the details view?  im guessing .FindControl() but i dont have the ID.  the other way I suppose is to itterate through all the controls within in it?  there must be a better way though? The ...

Gridview Search Without Object Datasource Filter ParametersGridview Search Without Object Datasource Filter Parameters
Couple weeks ago I read a article about highlighted search in Gridview  (http://blog.evonet.com.au/post/2008/06/25/Gridview-with-highlighted-search-results.aspx) and in my project I used things I learned but now things changed I have a gridview and in code I give its datasource so because I dont use any objectdatasource I dont know where to write my filtering parameters. Is there anyway to use filtering without objectdatasource, or is there a way to give objectdatasource an source then bind it to my gridview. My code:  //No objectdatasource how can I conduct a search?GridView1.Da...

(Net::LDAP) Automatically convert attributes into utf8 when writting
Hi, we are using an old version of Net::LDAP (0.39) in an old perl installation (5.10.1). Recently we have changed the ldap server, and now it uses utf8 in the entry attributes, so we are getting problems with reading and writting attributes with Net::LDAP. To solve it, I have read the documentation of Net::LDAP 0.39 ( at https://metacpan.org/pod/release/GBARR/perl-ldap-0.39/lib/Net/LDAP.pod ), and I see there is an option ("raw") in the constructor to indicate attributes that should be treated as utf8. I have tested it, and it works por reading from the ldap server (attr...

does dw.net 2.x support object datasource
does dw.net 2.x support object datasource thanks vsv No. That is something we are looking at for version 3.0. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase On 3 Aug 2007 12:33:46 -0700, "vsv" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: >does dw.net 2.x support object datasource > >thanks >vsv > with mapping to Linq & entity framework? or DatwindowObject Source by itself. thanks vsv "Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <dfish@[N0Spam]sybase.com> wrote in message news:8u57b39g068kbrs7d8rd82f24sem4cn8dp@4ax.com... > No. That is something we are looking at ...

Is there a software to convert VB codes to VB.net codes automatically?
hi there! Do anyone of you know if there is any software to convert VB codes to VB.net codes? Or must i maunally convert them? Visual Studio.NET 2000 and 2003 versions automatically convert VB 6 code to VB.NET code, for the most part. Refer to Preparing Your Visual Basic 6.0 Applications for the Upgrade to Visual Basic .NET for more information. Hope this helps, AppanASP.NET Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. thanks! =) Is this case same for Visual C codes? Same concept. Refer to Managed Extensions for C++ Migratio...

Web resources about - automatic convert for float number - asp.net.object-datasource

Electronic Delay Storage Automatic Calculator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Later the project was supported by J. Lyons & Co. Ltd. , a British firm, who were rewarded with the first commercially applied computer, LEO ...

Man found carrying fully automatic sub-machinegun in Marrickville: police
A man has been caught with a sub-machinegun in his bag in Sydney's inner west, police say.

You can now install popular automatic screen brightness app Flux on iPhone and iPad
... is now possible to install screen brightness app Flux (or f.lux). Flux adjusts screen brightness and color depending on the time of day automatically, ...

Facebook Testing Automatic Translation?
Facebook appears to be experimenting with automatic translation , including the extension of that functionality to calls to action . Reader ...

No, automatic voter registration will not put millions of illegal immigrants on voter rolls
The New York Times published a profile today on iVote, Obama campaign veteran Jeremy Bird’s initiative to pass automatic voter registration laws ...

A second look at Australia's ban on semi-automatic weapons - Videos - CBS News
After a 1996 massacre in Australia left 35 people dead, the government banned semi-automatic firearms. Holly Williams went to Australia to see ...

'Alexa, where's my car?' Automatic syncs your vehicle with Amazon Echo
The connected car adapter is the latest product to craft an integration with Amazon's smart home speaker.

Chris Christie Vetoes Automatic Voter Registration Bill
... Monday that would have added 1.6 million new voters to the state’s rolls and made New Jersey the third state in the country to adopt automatic ...

Liberals Aren’t Going To Like How The Majority Of Americans Feel About Semi-Automatic Guns
Liberals Aren’t Going To Like How The Majority Of Americans Feel About Semi-Automatic Guns

This week in the war on voting: Chris Christie vetoes automatic registration bill
... have become the third state in the country to dramatically increase its voting base, and likely its voter participation, by adopting automatic ...