Web Service: Invalid cross domain request

Hello All,
I'm calling a WS from javascript, when working on localhost  everything works OK, but when the app is deployed to public it sends an error:
The server method 'GenFilter' failed with the following error: Invalid cross domain request
Web.config settings:

<add verb="*" path="*.asbx" type="Microsoft.Web.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory" validate="false"/>

<add verb="*" path="iframecall.axd" type="Microsoft.Web.Services.IFrameHandler" validate="false"/>

<add verb="*" path="atlasbatchcall.axd" type="Microsoft.Web.Services.MultiRequestHandler" validate="false"/>

<add verb="*" path="atlasglob.axd" type="Microsoft.Web.Globalization.GlobalizationHandler" validate="false"/>

at first was throwing: A web request made using the iframe executor failed. Make sure that the app's web.config registers iframecall.axd in its .

 Service and Caller in the same application.

Thanks,

 Kelvin

"look ma' no hands!"

kpeguero
0
kpeguero
10/16/2006 8:17:48 PM
asp.net.networking-webservices 2181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yes you cannot make an ajax call to another domain than yours
Cheers
Al
My Blog
MapStats.NET
Please click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question!
0
albertpascual
10/31/2006 12:55:28 AM

Don't you need the bridging part for this to work? Have a look at http://forums.asp.net/1449483/ShowThread.aspx#1449483.

After 2 days I still can not get it running... I can only run the samples based on Atlas July CTP to work. Not working at all with the BETA version...

avmoldovan

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Cross domain request for web font
Hi, I have a website in our corporate network that is visible to the outside world. This website use an external font hosting cloud service to use a custom web font. If I visit the site from my home computer, the web fonts render fine. If I visit the site from my work computer, the web fonts do not render. We have an internal proxy, but there is an exception listed in my network settings for the web server. I had our sysadmin add this to the Apache configuration file, but to no avail: AddType application/vnd.ms-fontobject eot AddType application/x-font-ttf ttf ttc Add...

Web Service Calls From AJAX
The AJAX 2.0 documentation states that Web Services can not be called "cross domain".  This is a browser side restriction, so says Microsoft support.  While one might disagree, I think of cross-domain as meaning between machines on different internet domains (i.e. machine1.bigcompany.com and machine2.bigcompany.com are on the same domain while machine3.yourcompany.com is on a different domain).  This is not what Microsoft means. The use of the term "cross domain" in the documentation means that machine1.bigcompany.com  and machine2.bigcompany.com ...

URL WebRequest & cross domain web services
Initially, I would like make a web services call with cross domain (ajax). Since RC doesnt support it at the moment. So, I'm looking for an alternative. - One is a bridge method, http://forums.asp.net/thread/1510827.aspxBut when will CTP support it? - Another way to use WebRequest. However, there is an error "Access is denied" when I trying to access standard URL. ( change L17 to L16) Please take a look at L16, L171 <%@ Page Language="C#" %> 2 3 <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DT...

Atlas call to cross domain web service from HTML page
Is Atlas is going to serialize to JSON, while still using the wsdl, without using xmlhttprequest() (that would be cool)? Will I be able to call a webservice, located on a server, with the Atlas dlls (on another domain), from a client standard HTML, by adding the Atlas client scripts to the client html page (please say yes)? Will I have to use dynamic script tags to do this (like Yahoo! requires)? Or will this solve that problem more seamlessly? Thanks in advance for putting up with the barrage questions.   The next build of Atlas will allow calling Atlas services on other do...

Troubleshoot Web Service; Ajax AutoComplete events do not appear to not fire; Ajax web service appears to not work. .NET
Folks, I had the situation that Ajax AutoComplete events in the web service did not fire after I copied a project out of a folder, renamed it and moved it to a server. The fix was hard to find but easy to solve. I had some web service modules in an ASMX file that provided AutoComplete entries -- i.e., after the user keys in 2 or 3 characters, the list of possible entries with those leading characters is displayed for the user to select. To solve the problem, look at the web service's directive, not the code-behind or the ASMX designer.  Do a right-mouse-click...

Calling Web Service methods cross domain using AJAX.
Okay, from my Googling I've learnt that I can't call a web service method using the XMLHttpRequest across domains due to the Same Origin Policy. So, I've begun investigating the alternatives without much luck. The first thing I found is that earlier releases of ASP.NET AJAX included the IFrameHandler that was created exactly for this purpose (but unfortunately it was not included in the final release). The second option was the creation of a proxy that sits on the server calling the web service. Unfortunately, the servers calling the service will be any technology and outside of my control, ...

Inconsistent Web Service behavior: 400 Bad Request
Hi there, I've been tyring to figure this out for a while, but to no avail. I hope someone here can help me: I have an IIS 6 server set up with W2K3 Server as follows: / root server dir    /services (root web services)    /subsite1 (Virtual Directory + Application)        /services (web services for subsite1) So I have web services exposed in two different levels, one set under /services, and another set under /subsite1/services. I had to use this layout because the root site and subsite1 are very differ...

It is showing invalid character "□" by the XML web services in .net framework
 Hi, I am developing an smart device application where I am taking some data through mobile device,encrypting it & finally trying to insert it to the Oracle database by using XML web services.But my problem is that after encrypting the data & taking ASCII encoding of that data,I am getting one special symbol "□" which is not taken by the XML web services by showing the error that its invalid character for the XML format.SO as a result I am not able to insert the encrypted data into the Oracle Database. Can anyone give any solution of this problem? Waiting for your r...

.NET Web Service and Non .NET programe
When we develop a web service by VB.NET. Then i use visual basic, Microsoft access, asp. Can these stuff access to my web service ? Means you want to access Webserver developed in VB.NET in ASP application?Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

Web resources about - Web Service: Invalid cross domain request - asp.net.networking-webservices