Session state management using web services.

 Hi all ,

i am working of a hospital management system which we desided to develop using atlas frame work. we have created the application main to sections using atlas script call back architecture. we are using scripts to pack the user entered data to the web service and in that web service we are entering the data in to the database.

all this happening with out a post back of the page.

now comes the problem.

we are not being able to handle the user session properties. we came to know that we cant access session variables in web services.

we are in a trap now. how we can manage the session, validity and time out of a user. cose in this method there is no method to handle the time out.

we also want to share some data between pages all along the use session. how can i acheive this.

can any one help in this regard.

0
vinod
8/29/2006 11:02:55 AM
asp.net.networking-webservices 2181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Answered in this double post: http://forums.asp.net/thread/1384505.aspx
0
Michael_R

Using Session state in a web service
I have a web service and have created a basic Login method.  This method accepts a user name and password that is managed by a custom provisioning table in Oracle.  If the user name and password are correct, I want to set a Session variable that can be passed to the consuming client application.  I read an article about session state in web services and it appeared straight-forward, but I cannot seem to get it to work...so I guess I'm missing something.  Here's a sample of the web method code:1 [WebMethod(Description="Provides entry point to web service.&q...

How use Session State in Atlas Web Services?
My usage is the same as the generic web services: [WebMethod(EnableSession=true)] public string HelloWorld() {       Session["test"] = test; } But get the NULLReference Exception. Does the Atlas not permited to use Session State? Or there is another way to use Session State in Atlas? Thanks Yes, there is a bug in the current drop that causes this.  We are VERY close to getting a new drop out that will address this. David...

Web Service with Session State Enabled doesn't work in Infopath Web Services
 There is a ASP.NET Web Service which uses SessionState. Let's see it's 2 methods:                   [WebMethod(EnableSession = true)]         public string SetUser(string userName)          {             return UserName = userName;         }  &...

Key and Data Management System using .Net web service
 Hi all, I am a total beginner and desperately in need for your help.  I want to create a Key and Data Management  System using .Net web service but have no idea where to start.   What would be the easiest way to do this?  First, how do I setup IIS and ASP.NET?  I used window Vista and followed this when installing IIS 7.0:  To Install:Download the ZIP file and extract the MSI.  Install the MSIRun notepad as Administrator(do this by right-clicking your notepad shortcut and chosing "Run as Administrator")Open %systemdir%\system32\ine...

how to use session state in web service --- and muti-threading consideration
how to let a web service know the current session in order to response session specifically (the session id stores in the cookie) if i want to call it by javascript?, and there is another problem: does muti-threading have to be considered when use session objects? You use the EnableSession=true property of the WebMethod attribute.... this is your web service method is declered as: [WebMethod] public string DoSomething(...)   now you do [WebMethod(EnableSession=true)] public string DoSomething(...)   and inside your method you can access the current session items usin...

How do I set a session ID in a web service SOAP header using a .NET proxy?
I have a web service proxy set up in PB 10.5. I need to set a session ID in the SOAP header so the web service can validate subsequent requests for this session. Is this possible? You can't modify the SOAP headers unfortunately. That capability is supposed to be forthcoming in an EBF/Maintenance Release, but I do not now of an specific timeframe. On 20 Apr 2006 13:40:54 -0700, "Libby Engelbret" <lengelbret@npomn.com> wrote: >I have a web service proxy set up in PB 10.5. I need to set a session ID in >the SOAP header so the web service can val...

Session State in Web Farms and Web Gardens Using InProc
Is it possible to do the session state control in any way using InProc State Management. I dont want to Keep a seperate Session State Process or SQL to be used for this.. Please suggest a solution.. Thanks firozOzman..::firozozman::.. If you have web garden, that means multiple processors in one machine and one ASP.NEt worker process per processor serving requests, that is multiple worker processes. Therefore each and every of these processes have separate copy of application state, in-process session state, ASP.NET cache, static data and so on. Basically same goes with web farm exc...

Consuming a .NET web service in Delphi 2010 using a service reference
Hi, I've been asked to modify one of my existing applications (D2010 Win32) to interact with a web service written under VS2010/.Net 4. The information I have so far is :- "As communication is secured by .NET WsHttpBinding data encrypting, In order to consume it you have to add to your application a Service Reference (not a web reference) that joins the service available at the URL: http://ctm.mobilling.it/SmsComApi/Sms.svc . Assuming that the binding created in your app.confing is named "WSHttpBinding_ISms" you have to instantiate a client as shown below: {c...

Consuming Web service from .net 3.5 web application using ajax
Hi , Before in .net 2005 ,I use to consume the  web service from client side via Ajax and java script. that's just adding web service inside the script manger services.But  it was not possible with .net 2008 version WEB APPLICATION   , Even it works well with .net 2008 web sites. Please help me to solve the issue. I have no idea what you mean. Please post the code that "does not work". NC...   I have the same problem.  I have a .NET 3.5 Web Application not Web Site.  I fully qualify the web service with the namespace i,e,  &n...

Accessing Session State in Web Service without Cookies enabled in web config
All, We are trying to access a Session variable in web method of a web service. The session variable is set on Page Load in code behind. Some client event is used to make the call directly from javascript to web service. The web method has attribute EnableSession set to true. All is working fine and we are able to access and record session values between web form and web service. The problem arises when we disable the cookies in web config using the following setting: <sessionState cookieless="true" timeout="120"/> The application throws an exception, Auth...

Changing URL in web.config for web service
I added a web reference to asmx file. In web.config - it adds - undefinedadd key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test/CoreServices.asmx I then change it to <add key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test2/CoreServices.asmx"/> But CoreService.CoreServices still looks for http://test/CoreServices.asmx.  What else do i have to change? I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ So no ...

Web Services and Session States
Hi, I am currently designing a web service but having problems setting sessions. Does anybody have any code/tutorials on sessions with web services. The web service i'm developing conists of a few things: Login (username, password)This is the method in the web service where i want to authenitcate the user and set the session object. GetAccountInfoif the user has logged in then the server can get the account info ChangePassword(String newPassword)the user will be able to change there password they have logged in. So basically I want the user to call the login method and that will check...

Web resources about - Session state management using web services. - asp.net.networking-webservices

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is an art that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in businesses and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives by using ...

M&C Saatchi Sells 30% of London Agency to Management Team
... particularly after the agency bought digital shop Lean Mean Fighting Machine in May 2014 and integrated some of its founders into the management ...

HuffPost Management Recognizes Union
Management of The Huffington Post has voluntarily recognized Writers Guild of America, East (WGAE) as the union representing its editorial staff. ...

Violin Management Defends Against Activist Clinton’s Call for New Board Members
... the company to be sold , stating that it wants to nominate three people to be elected to the board of directors as a “safety net” in case management ...

Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) Stake Boosted by Cardinal Capital Management
Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) Stake Boosted by Cardinal Capital Management Beanstockd Cisco Systems logo Cardinal Capital Management increased ...

Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh explains why 18% of employees quit during the company's radical management experiment ...
... roughly 1,500 employees. He made them an offer: They had a month to decide if they would rather go all in on Zappos' transition to self-management ...

Walmart Continues Sharpened Focus on Portfolio Management
As part of today&rsquo;s action, the company will close 154 locations in the U.S., including the company&rsquo;s 102 smallest format stores, ...