Call remotely hosted web service from client-side?

All of the examples I have seen call the *.asmx file using a relative path but I need to reference a URL such as http://www.domain.com/webservice.asmx to call a remote web service. In the Atlas days I believe this was done using a bridge (*.asbx) but I can't seem to find any recent information regarding this method. Does it still exist?

Anyone know how to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Janea

0
jinocide
7/6/2007 6:41:13 AM
asp.net.networking-webservices 2181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

XIII
7/6/2007 7:00:10 AM

Wow! Yes  What an excellent article!! I actually ran across it when I was initially searching for an answer but I thought there might be an easier way, however it makes a lot of sense why it is done the way he describes it.  So, I'm going to try it out... create a local web service to be used as a proxy to connect to the URL containing the web service and call the remote procedures from there. Seems like a simple concept... I feel like I should've figured it out on my own. Well we'll see how it goes... Thanks a ton Kris!

0
jinocide