AJAX not working on server, works on test server and developer machine

I use ASP.NET AJAX on my web page.

The page consists of two textboxes and two buttons. Textbox 1 is within an update panel triggered by button 1 and the other textbox is updated by full page postback caused by button 2.
This works perfectly on my developer machine and on a test server (W2K3) but when I publish it to the real server (W2K3 Server) the page always posts back when clicking button 1 instead of just updating the textbox within the update panel.

When I look at the source of the generated page in the browser I see that the server version of the page does not include any scripts for AJAX postbacks. It's as if AJAX wasn't even installed, but it is.
I've checked that I use the same version of .NET framework and AJAX .NET on all computers. There were no errors during installation of AJAX.

Any ideas?

0
ekberglinda
10/22/2007 3:26:12 PM
asp.net.networking-webservices 2181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I know my web.config is usually different across all of the boxes I run an app on, is it possible that you dont have all the AJAX junk in the webconfig on the live server? I cant think of anything else that would break ajax for a site if everything is installed correctly.

Dested
10/22/2007 7:06:29 PM

No, everything looks okey. And, the same configuration works on another win 2003 server, just not on the server I must use.
I've tried reinstalling AJAX but it does not help. It's as if it doesn't even know it exists...yet the code containing AJAX controls does not complain about them which I think it should if it didn't recognize it's installation. Do you know if there are any (security) settings that can disable AJAX functionality?

0
ekberglinda

Web resources about - AJAX not working on server, works on test server and developer machine - asp.net.networking-webservices

Dungeons and developers
Have you ever wanted to learn web development or just refine your webdev skills? Dungeons and Developers gives your quest for knowledge a role ...

Video game developer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A video game developer is a software developer (a business or an individual) that creates video games . A developer may specialize in a certain ...

Swift is quickly rising in popularity as a developer language … but how much is Apple using Swift?
... most popular language in the TIOBE index . The surge in popularity was spurred by the release of Swift into open-source in December. With developer ...

Developers Get On Survival Mode In The Wilderness Of Lapland
... isn’t enough of a challenge. Now one of the largest game development events, Finnish Game Jam Goes Survival Mode , gathers together 20 developers ...

Uncharted 4 developer hints at Drake’s fate under Sony
Someone looks worried... Uncharted developer Naughty Dog has already said that the upcoming Uncharted 4: A Thief's End will be the last game ...

Apple's iAd may soon allow developers to keep all the revenue
Back in 2010, Steve Jobs revealed Apple’s new mobile advertising platform iAd. The goal of this new venture into advertising was to make the ...

Create promo codes for your apps and in-app products in the Google Play Developer Console
Posted by Yoshi Tamura, Product Manager, Google Play Over the past six months, a number of new tools in the Google Play Developer Console have ...

Apple's massive developer event could be held on June 13
Apple's World Wide Developer Conference (WWDC) could run between June 13 and June 17, according to MacRumors . The Moscone Centre, in San Francisco, ...

Crytek will help colleges train young VR developers
Crytek is best known for Crysis, Far Cry and other games that push the limits of CryEngine, a developer tool that it licenses to other studios. ...

QuickBooks Recruits App Developers To Create Greater End-User Value
How can a market leader stay on top? Innovation, engagement, self-disruption, entrepreneurship and thought leadership are all solid business ...