Ajax Control that Gets Values from Web Service...

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but here it goes.....I have a page with three .ascx files. The first .ascx has a ajax cascading dropdown control that depending on the first selection a list of items are available on the second dropdown. Then depending on what you select on the second one the third dropdown selections are dynamically populated. Then you have a series of other questions that are asked, well when we click continue to go to the next .ascx control we are getting this error:

 It is a messagebox that says Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

 What we are doing is saving this information into the Cache and then reading it in each other .ascx control that we are using.

 We are also using an update panel on each control on the page......don't know if that is enough information to get assistance, but I am really stumped on this......any help would be greatly appreciated......

0
martin1968
2/6/2008 4:45:48 PM
asp.net.networking-webservices 2181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello martin

Can you post code of continue button's click for more information ?

Maulik Patel
MCTS, Software Engineer

Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This will give you point and help readers to know which post solved your issue and make their search easy.
0
Maulik
2/8/2008 1:53:13 PM

Hi martin1968,

You should not rely on Cache objects, everytime you access cached object, it must be checked for null value. The ASP.NET runtime can anytime release cache item from the memory if it decides server memory is too low. This is very often issue with cache in ASP.NET. Use Session instead, or some another server persistence mechanism(db for example), if you must be sure it is in memory untill you remove it yourself.

 Anyway it's better if you provide more details about the problem.

Hope this helps.

My blog: http://blog.devarchive.net
My samples: http://devarchive.net
0
kirchi

Troubleshoot Web Service; Ajax AutoComplete events do not appear to not fire; Ajax web service appears to not work. .NET
Folks, I had the situation that Ajax AutoComplete events in the web service did not fire after I copied a project out of a folder, renamed it and moved it to a server. The fix was hard to find but easy to solve. I had some web service modules in an ASMX file that provided AutoComplete entries -- i.e., after the user keys in 2 or 3 characters, the list of possible entries with those leading characters is displayed for the user to select. To solve the problem, look at the web service's directive, not the code-behind or the ASMX designer.  Do a right-mouse-click...

Consuming Web service from .net 3.5 web application using ajax
Hi , Before in .net 2005 ,I use to consume the  web service from client side via Ajax and java script. that's just adding web service inside the script manger services.But  it was not possible with .net 2008 version WEB APPLICATION   , Even it works well with .net 2008 web sites. Please help me to solve the issue. I have no idea what you mean. Please post the code that "does not work". NC...   I have the same problem.  I have a .NET 3.5 Web Application not Web Site.  I fully qualify the web service with the namespace i,e,  &n...

How can I open a .Net web applicaiton from a web service page and return values
 Hi allhere is what I need from an Oracle jdeveloper form, click on a button, open a web application in .Net, let the user choose several options and calculate a Total Amount, return the total amount to the jdeveloper application,could it be done with a web service?the Oracle jdeveloper form calls a web service that opens my .Net  web applicationmy web application returns a Total Amount value, my web service returns the Total Amountthe jdeveloper form gets the Total Amountthanksjsn     jsn1:  Hi all here is what I need  from an Oracle jdeve...

FileUpload control value gets clear when another control uses Ajax to retrieve data
Hello all, I have a web form.  There is a DropDownList control inside an update panel and the content is updated when a RadioButtonList control fires SelecteIndexChanged.  I also have another control, a FileUpload control.  If you select a file for the file upload control and then change the value RadionButtonList list control, the selected file in the FileUpload control disappears.How do I prevent RadioButtonList from clearing the value of the FileUpload control?Any help will greatly appreciated,  TIA,Dawa Below is the code: 1 <asp:RadioButtonList ID=&quo...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Cannot call a web service from java script using ajax in .net 3.5 web applications
As like 2005 .net websites i tried to consume a web service from client side java script  using Ajax script manager in  .net 3.5 (2008) version web application it was not working, Event it works with 3.5 web sites, What i have to do to solve the issue. Thanks in advance Hi, can you create the least amount of code to reproduce it and post it? This gives us the ability to check out your code and better guide you. Also please check out this article: Create a Simple WCF Web Service and Use In JavaScript With Visual Studio 2008 and .Net 3.5.  Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Fire...

Passing values from a parent web control to child web control
I have a parent control which called CONTROL1 and a child control witch called CONTROL2 I would link to pass a value from the parent control to the child control. In the parent control(CONTROL1) I have the following Event Handler . private void btn_Handler(object sender, EventArgs e) { …      if (Page.IsPostBack) {              // Send the officer names to the child controls.             if(m_nameList.SelectedItem.Text != "")     ...

one web service controlling other web service throught a threading
I am creating multiple web service on the fly but I want the main web service which contains a thread to control other web services. is this possible to do, a small code example would help me a lot. The whole purpose of this is to control multiple devices over the internet from the Server. So every time a user install a device a new web service would be created on the fly and would be control by the main web service’s thread. I am open for other ideas of tacking this problem. I am stuck here for a longest time.... Thank you in advance.... take a look at ASync web service ca...

Web service in custom AJAX control
 Hello I want to create a custom Ajax control which get data from web service. Control has two properties: userId and appId. I call service in initialize function in prototype.  AjaxDynamicArticle.ClientDynamicArticle = function(element) { AjaxDynamicArticle.ClientDynamicArticle.initializeBase(this, [element]); this._appId=null; this._userId=null; this._html=null;}AjaxDynamicArticle.ClientDynamicArticle.prototype = { initialize: function() { AjaxDynamicArticle.ClientDynamicArticle.callBaseMethod(this, 'initialize'); tempuri.org.ServiceForAjax....

.Net Web Service with pure ajax
I am trying to get my .net web service on 1 of my live servers to work with pure javascript ajax (I do not like MS components so Atlas/ASP.NET ajax is not what I am trying to do).  It really doesnt matter I suppose because its not just gethttprequest that fails also whats interesting is that if I hit the web service interactively and click on invoke it renders properly, however, if I copy and paste that url that just worked into a new tab it fails with:  InvalidOperationException: Request format is unrecognized for URL unexpectedly ending in '/getName'.   I have bee...

Web resources about - Ajax Control that Gets Values from Web Service... - asp.net.networking-webservices

The US needs gun control to protect children like my grandson, killed at Sandy Hook
Motives do not matter to the dead. They don't matter much to survivors, either.

Microsoft Band updated to include music controls and inactivity alerts
... Microsoft Band came out, the company is adding functionality with a small software update. The two biggest features of this update—music controls ...

"... Trump owns and controls the media... they can't not cover him... his audience is bigger than theirs ...
... their army (i.e., the media) can't take out their enemy. They don't have the slightest idea what to do.... The media, in their own minds, controls ...

Sandy Hook parents assess victories, defeats in gun control mission
CBS News Sandy Hook parents assess victories, defeats in gun control mission CBS News NEWTOWN, Conn. Three years ago on Monday, a gunman opened ...

How to use iOS or Apple Watch as remote controls with Apple TV
... new feature for Apple TV owners using Apple Watch, iPad or iPhones last week – the capacity to use your iOS device as a remote control for your ...

Hilarious: ‘Burglars For Gun Control’ Sums Up The Left’s Entire Argument
'As long as law abiding citizens have guns, it's that much harder for burglars like me to do my job.'

Bart & Fleming: Don’t Come To Year-End Movies To Get Laid; Time For Movies About Gun Control Debate?
Peter Bart and Mike Fleming Jr. worked together for two decades at Daily Variety . In this weekly Sunday column, two old friends get together ...

Republique finally gets analog controls on PS4
... transitions (like Resident Evil ) which is mildly disorienting at first but could actually be easier to wrap your head around with a controllable ...

Microsoft Band 2 gets new music controls and activity reminders
... has revealed a few fresh features for the device, designed to make it smarter and more functional. For starters, there are new music controls, ...