Web page doesn't show master page's contents

 Hi All!

I've designed a master page and after that I added a webpage in my project and mentioned its master page at adding time of the web page mean while adding the web page, I checked the "Select master page" check box and then added the web page after specifying the web page but the web page doesn't show any content of the master page. Here is the code of the web page:

Start of code

<%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default2.aspx.vb" Inherits="Default2" title="Untitled Page" %>
<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server">

</asp:Content>

End of code

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance and regards,

0
exorbitant

Can you provide your master page code as well?

Christopher Reed
Careed
1/20/2009 1:12:33 PM

 OK, I sorted out the problem where it was. Actually, I was addin a user control in master page and the thing I was doing wrong was that I was adding it in Content Place Holder of the master page. Now, I just put it out of the Content Place Holder of the master page and this solved my problem...

Thanks,

0
exorbitant

How to set a Master Page's control's property through content page on a postback event?
Hi all, i m using a master page in my application. i have a panel on master page and a tab container with three tab panels on content page. i want to set/change  the visibility of the panel control when the tab is changed on the content page. By default the panel is invisible. To implement this i executed the following steps: 1. Set AutoPostBack of tacontainer to true 2. Wrote an event handler for ActiveTabIndexChanged event of the tab container 3 Wrote the following code on Tab changed event   if (TabContainerEmpPerformance.ActiveTabIndex == 1) { ...

content page doesn't show master page if master is in different project
    Hello all. I have added a master page to my main project whcih has sub projects under it. If I add a content page in a sub project and reference the master page, the designer doesn't find the master. This is a WAP converted from a 1.1 project. The master page shows up at runtime. Does anyone know how to have the designer see the master? Thanks,Bill You may copy the master page into your sub project. There is no built-in feature of sharing master page in different projects....

Label control's text doesn't appear to be set (in the page which has a user control )when trying to update the text property in the FormView's ItemUpdated event
Hi There,I have a user control which hosts a formview control, gridview control and a label control. The grid view is usedto show rows in the DB and when clicked to edit each row, a form view opens up in edit mode with that particular row info. So I have nothing in the item template.My first question is..is it mandatory to have smth in the itemtemplate of the form view.I have controls in edititemtemplate and insertitemtemplate.When a particular row is edited, I would like to show a status msg showing that the row has been updated.For this, I use the ItemUpdated event of the formview and try ...

Contents of Master Page doesn't appear in the contents of the Content Page !!
I created the Master Page, & I created the content page as I read in many books & articles: Website>>add new item>>web form>>check the Select master page>>add Then, only the content box appeared. What should I do?? thanks What did you place in your Master page? If you only use a simplest master page with only 1 ContentPlaceHolder and 1 Lable (don't put the Lable inside ContentPlaceHolder), would the Label appear in content page?Welcome to my SQL/ASPNET forum for Chinese http://51up.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=38 pic. of master &...

New tabs show the about:newtab page, and doesn't accept the "Don't show this page again" order.
Name: RV Email: riveravaldezatysinembargodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: New tabs show the about:newtab page, and doesn't accept the "Don't show this page again" order. Comments: That. Once and again, of course. Thanks Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; es-AR; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.0.3;MEGAUPLOAD 1.0 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to se...

'Can't save web pages, Ctrl+S. 'Can save same pages from I.E
Name: Del Dyreson Email: drdyreson_at_earthlink.net Product: Firefox Summary: 'Can't save web pages, Ctrl+S. 'Can save same pages from I.E Comments: 'Can't save web pages, Ctrl+S. 'Can save same pages from I.E. I'm running Win2000Pro, Ver 5.0 (Build 2195, Service Pack 4). Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060508 Firefox/1.5.0.4 ...

Master page's "Load" event is later than content page's ?
Example:1. Add a label to master page, set its "text" attribute to nothing. 2. In master page's page load event, assign "hello" to label1.text3. In content page's page load event: Response.write (   ctype(master.FindControl("label1"),label).text   )it will be nothing. 4. In content page,  add a button named button1, in button1's click event, copy the upper sentence, it will write "hello". so , master page's load event it later than content page's ?  If I need the result of master page's load ev...

Problem to use TreeView Control in a 'content page' This Error Occur "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls."
hi I am trying to use the TreeView Control inside the content page (Page that has a master page is a content page). On compiling the project I got the following ASP.Net runtime error: "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls."B@b@R J Issue resolved. I was putting script tag in the content page that is not allowed. when remove the script from content page problem is resolved.B@b@R J...

When exiting a video playing with .wmv, you click the upper right "x" and you don't get back to the web homepage, you get stuck with a white, empty page. Explorer doesn't do that. It's an irritant f
Name: David Morgan Email: Dave_at_NewsCarsonCity.com Product: Firefox Summary: When exiting a video playing with .wmv, you click the upper right "x" and you don't get back to the web homepage, you get stuck with a white, empty page. Explorer doesn't do that. It's an irritant for those of us who want to use Mozilla, period. Comments: See summary. Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ...

Pages deriving from Master page show 'Untitled Page'
Does anyone know why a page which uses a master page with the title tag in the head section set, does not have any effect on the page's title.It just shows 'Untitled Page.'  You need to remove the title="Untitled Page" in the opening tags of the child page.  That appears to override the MasterPage title, which makes sense if you think about it.Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site Because when you add new page it has default setting "Untitled Page".     <%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.mast...

Doing Postback from master page to page in master's content place holder(search page)
Hi, Currently I am trying to do a postback which returns results. The master page has a textfield and button and the button redirects to the search page.The search page also has a textfield and button and when the button is clicked, the query statements take the input from teh user and looks for results. Currently, A Crosspage postback of master page + other pages in content place holder ------> master page+search page in content place holder works.I am trying to do a postback which returns results in master page+search page which gets its input from the textbox of the master page ...

content page doesn't display from nested master pages
I have two master pages, one nested. The first one (cuw.master), of course, feeds into the second one (profile.master), which in turn I would expect to feed into the desired content page (reg.aspx). The profile.master, in design view, displays what I want to see on the content page; however, the content page displays only what's on the first master page (cuw.master). It's possible that I have the master base and master child confused, but it doesn't seem like it. I have another master page that I use successfully but this instance, with nested pages, has me befuddled. Please see ...

SeaMonkey's Save Page As. . . doesn't show up.
Name: Aaron Aardvark Product: Firefox Summary: SeaMonkey's Save Page As. . . doesn't show up. Comments: SeaMonkey 1.0.2 for Mac File menu's Save Page As. . . becomes Save Page, so there are no choices, when the Preferences' Download action is changed to Automatically download files to specified download folder. Either of the other two options reverts the File menu's Save Page to Save Page As. . . This is repeatable. This may be, and probably is, a known bug, but the Bugzilla site is impossibly complicated. After searching for two hours, a page dem...

How could a master page control call a content page's function?
Dear all: For example: 1. In master page, place a button named "button1" . 2. Add three content page, ( add some code )3. Run application, in content page 1, click button1, show "this is page1",  in content page2, click button1, show "this is page2", and so on . Besides, these code should be in every content page instead of in master page, because actually action should be very complex, master can't predict everything. Is this possible?  Thanks!  Here's a great tutorial that may get you started: Creating a Common Toolbar in ASP.NET ...

Web resources about - Web page doesn't show master page's contents - asp.net.navigation-controls