Validation controls, invalid data does not prevent postback inside user control

I am using a master page. My content page has a user control in addition to other controls. The user control has some validation controls. When input is invalid inside the user control, I get the error message but if I click the submit button that is handled inside content page, the page posts back (and my invalid data is saved).

 Can anyone help???

0
Shafeeqw

Place this property in your control and the button on which you need to validate

ValidationGroup="any name" .. nmae should be same on both controls

 This property gets fired on button click on client side and check its group (controls where this property is used) whether they had followed proper validation or not.

Hope this helps you.

Please Mark this "as answer" if it helps you.
0
wasimt

   I think that the submit button cause validation property will be false. Check it and make it to true if is false.

Another case is check the validation group of the button and validation controls they must be also same.
Else the validations will not stop the page postback.

Thanks,
R.charan kumar

charan2021

Creating a User Control validator that validates a control on the page, rather than inside the control.
I'm trying to create a custom user control that is nothing more than a RangeValidator that validates other controls that lie on the page rather than inside the control itself... is this possible, is there a way to "bubble" it up. Thanks, G My answer to your other question regarding the CompareValidator applies here. If the custom control is in the same naming container AND does not implement INamingContainer, you can create a property that lets the user assign the control to validate. Internally assign the Validator.ControlToValidate property to the value of that property.-...

User Controls not working if I put Validation controls in user control
Hi           I have validation controls(RequiredField Validator,RegularExpressionValidator)  in user controls.User controls are not posting back like the events are not wiring up.If I remove Validation controls in User controls page,user controls are working fine.Can anyone please help me out in getting it fixed. In the Validation controls, make sure you are setting the ControlToValidate property to the control that it links to.  If you're in .NET 2.0, it's also a good idea to put all the validation controls in the same Valid...

Validation controls inside user controls
Hi, I'm creating a very simple user control to which I also added a validation control. For example: In Assignment.ascx: <asp:DropDownList ID="ddlOrganization" runat="server"></asp:DropDownList><asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="rfvOrganization" runat="server" ControlToValidate="ddlOrganization" ErrorMessage="L'organisation est requise." Text="*" Display="Dynamic"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator> <asp:TextBox ID="tbxProject" runat="server"></asp:TextBox&...

validating the Controls inside the User control.
Hi,   In my aspx page i have a two butons. 1. Add New  2. Save Every time when  i click the Add New  button i load the user control by programatically.so multiple user control inside the panel. Then the user control  have some textboxes. i want to validate(using javascript) the textboxes when i click to save button.becoz all the textboxes have different name on runtime. can anyone helpme out this problem.   Thanks. Safiulla     safiulla: In my aspx page i have a two butons. 1. Add New  2. Save Every time wh...

Validation for controls that is inside user control
I have a dropdownlist (only control) in the user control. This user control is used inside the formview. What is the best way to validate from the formview wether this contol has a value selected. Thanks Use the RequiredFieldValidator. Set its InitialValue property to the same value you assign to the unselected item's ListItem object. Keep in mind by "Value", there are two data elements on ListItem: Text and Value. Text is shown to the user. Value is internally used and is what you assign to InitialValue.--- Peter BlumCreator of Peter's Data Entry Suite (formerly Profess...

user control inside a user control
i've currently got one of my pages setup so that I have a user control, CreateMessage.ascx, inside my main user control, ViewChangeMessages.ascx. My problem is that i've got a method inside my main usercontrol that either hides or shows the second user control, but it doesn't work, mainly coz i found out that the second user control is loaded before my main one. Is there any way i can get around this? You could try to load the second user control programmatically the OnPreRender method of your main user control. You'll need to add a placeholder in the spot you want the user control to...

User Control inside User Control
I have an ASPX with user controls in it called UC1.There is another user control called UC2 within user control UC1.(UC1 - parent , UC2 - child) What I need to do is to pass value of the text box that’s located inside user control UC1 to UC2. This is the code I put into  user control UC1. How to I read it in User control UC2?   Public ReadOnly Property propCountryName() As TextBox Get Return Me.txtCountrygName End Get End Property    Thank you100 years live, 100 years learn You can define a property inside the UC1 and UC2. Pag...

User Control inside User Control
I have an ASPX with user controls in it called UC1.There is another user control called UC2 within user control UC1.(UC1 - parent , UC2 - child) What I need to do is to pass value of the text box that’s located inside user control UC1 to UC2. This is the code I put into  user control UC1. How to I read it in User control UC2? Public ReadOnly Property propCountryName() As TextBox Get Return Me.txtCountrygName End Get End Property    Thank you100 years live, 100 years learn Hello, In UC2, try the followin code Dim tb As TextBox=CT...

User control inside another user control data binding problem
Hi allmy problem that drives me crazy for already 2 days is the following...I have a page default.aspx, user control UserProfilesList.ascx, and another user control UserPic.ascx inside the first one like this (UserProfilesList.ascx) <asp:DataList ID="UserPicsDataList" RepeatColumns="5" runat="server"> <ItemTemplate> <uc1:UserPic ID="UserPicViewer" UserId='<%# Eval("ID") %>' runat="server" /> </ItemTemplate></asp:DataList>----------------------------------------------------...

UpdatePanel within a web user control resets data of controls outside the user control
Hello, I have a usercontrol on my page which displays a running marquee text. It makes use of an UpdatePanel (within the user control) to refresh the marquee text (within the updatepanel) at periodic intervals. For this I added a timer control and its tick event as an async postback trigger for the UpdatePanel. I have a lot of textboxes and dropdown list boxes (all with runat=server) on the page outside the above user control. These are also contained in different UpdatePanels. Problem is, when the user control does a postback to refresh the marquee text, it causes some of...

validating controls inside data list control
 Hi I have some text boxes inside data list control and I want to validate them for correct values. How can this be done? u can achive this by using javascript validation for the textboxes.Uthappa T.PC# .NetVisual Studio 2008 Place a Data validation control and assign same validation group to it. On Save button set causesvalidation=true and validation group equal to validation group assigned in validation controlsZeeshan Umar~ Please Mark as Answer if it solves your query ~  ThanksI have solved the problem. It's simple just place the validation controls inside the <It...

Validation Control in the User Control
I have phone(4 boxes for area code, phone no, ext.) user control, and placed the custom control in the user control. I have used this user control in the page, validation control error messages won't show up. Any help would be great. Suresh    ...

Validation Controls in User Control not stopping page postback
Hi Everyone, I have a user control that contains a few textboxes, a regex validator, and a compare validator. On some pages, the validator in the user control stops the page from posting  back, and on some pages it doesn't. I checked and the button 1) Doesn't have a ValidationGroup 2) Has CausesValidation = "true" (which I am aware is the default). I need the Validator in my user control to ALWAYS stop the page that it contains is the validation fails. Is there something I am not aware of regarding user controls and validation? Thanks. Hi Puhfista, Forgive me if i get u wron...

Embedded user control inside a user control
Hi, I have a user control that displays some details in a repeater, with a view buttons etc. I have now developed a second user control that is intended to provide a visual frame around something. I wanted to the HTML to look something like: <frameControl id="myFrame"> <myUserControl id="testControl" /> </frameControl> but when the page runs I get an error saying FrameControl does not have a property called myUserControl. It's right it doesn't! Inside the frameControl I just want to know who the children are. At present I have ha...

User Control Inside a Modal Pop Up
Hello, I am a beginner with AJAX and need some help. I have a user user control that I want to place in a Modal Pop up, but I am running into some issues.  The user control is used for doing some seaching of database records. After the use selects a record, they choose from one of three radio buttons and then hit a submit button. This submit button has logic tied to it that needs to be performed before closing the modal pop up. I want to make this button (btnDoLogic) that is inside the User Control, the button that is tied to the...

User Control controls not created when dynamically creating user control
  Have created a user control for displaying and editing a dynamically number of values. The user control contains two labels and an edit box. When dynamically loading the user control I get an error when the control itself tries to change setting on the fields within the user control.   Why doesnt this work? It works okay if I dont load it dynamically but create a user-control-instance in the aspx-page but thats no solution.   Thankyou!     Here is my code:   ucDataValue.ascx   <%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true&...

How to access a user control from another user control in a Wizard control
My page has a wizard control and each step is a user control.  I could find the value of a control in step1 user control in the wizard page but not in step2 user control.From wizard.aspx.vb – it worksDim m_title As DropDownList = CType(Me.PersonalBox1.FindControl("ddlTitle1"), DropDownList) Question:How can I find the value of a control(textbox or dropdownlist)in step1 user control from step2 user control? I want to find “PersonalBox1.FindControl("ddlTitle1")” from Step2 AddressBox1. I have tried several ways to access it but no luck. From AddressBox.ascx.vb –...

How do you control the placement of controls in a user define control
I have a user define control.  I put the control on the (C# Visual Studio 2008) page where I want them. When I run the program, the controls are all over the page.  How do I place them where they do not move form where I put them? You'll need to study the HTML output and see what it's producing, then start to look at how to do an HTML layout. hi, there are absolute and Relative position in html. I guess you must use relative position. For example, at design-time, you place a TextBox below an Image, at run-time, no matter what size is the image, the TextBox is alway bel...

Controlling the controls a validator validates
Hello, I want to control which controls appear for a validator when they go to controltovalidate dropdown in property grid.  Is the solution to create a designer for the control?  How do you regulate that?  I can't override the ControlToValidate property... Thanks.Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). Well ur logic is true, thats the way, what u need to do is not override the property (cant), create another property, that implemen...

User Controls in User Controls?
I have the follow set up and it is throwing an error "Unhandled error loading module" ... is there some trick to this that I don't know?I have a project A that uses controls from project B (project B is just a project with all my user controls used through out other modules).  project A uses user control 1 from project B with out any issues at all - great.  But then I wanted to add user control 2 to user control 1 and that is when I get my error.  In fact I don't even have the user control 2 in user control 1, just when I put the register part into user control 1 is when it al...

User Control in a User Control
I have a first user control that contain a second user control. If I cahe the first user control can I still dynamically control the second one or it is cached with the first one therefore can not control it anymore? Thanks When your first control is cached, its rendered out and its output is stored in the cache. On every request to the page containing your control that can satisfy it from cache, the output will just simply be inserted - your first control will never be instantiated or run in that case, so the second one wont be either. Hope this helps,Mike VolodarskyProgram Manager...

user control to user control
I have an aspx page that have a "Register" directive to two usercontrol called rptMaster.ascx and rptDetail.ascx. I'm trying to set up a Master-Detail relationship and wish for the rptMaster.ascx to trigger and event from a dropdownlist and for the rptDetail to be listening for DropDownList event. I believe I have gotten the events part okay with help from this articel http://codeproject.com/aspnet/Page_UserControl.asp but my declaration for a private statement to my rptMaster class is producing an error. I'm using beta 2 of asp.net and I 'm having trouble getting a reference TO ...

How to validate controls on a .NET 2.0 Web user Control
Hi Guys, (ASP.NET 2.0 / C#) I've looked thorugh every post on validating web user controls (and know about Pter Blum's Professional Validation and More package) - but can't seem to get my head around whre to start. I have a web user control, called wucICL.ascx on a we page called AddEditInvestment.aspx.  I would like to validate a couple of DropDownLists (ddlAccounts and ddlContacts) when the Insert and Update buttons are clicked on the AddEdit Investment page. The other controls on the AddEditInvestments page belong to a validation group called All Validators and the DropDownL...

User control in a user control
Hello all, I have created a user control with some checkboxes, and public properties to get the values of these checkboxes. I have also created a second user control using the first user control; this second control also access the public properties of the first one. My problem is when I implement the second control in an aspx page, if I click at runtime the checkboxes in the first control, I am able to access its public properties from the methods of the second control but the values of these properties are wrong. while at design time, I do not have this problem. Than...

Web resources about - Validation controls, invalid data does not prevent postback inside user control - asp.net.navigation-controls

Cross-validation (statistics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is a model validation technique for assessing how the results of a statistical analysis will generalize to an independent data set. It is mainly ...

Serena Williams eyes history, Caroline Wozniacki craves validation in women's US Open final
As Serena Williams eyes another slice of tennis history, Caroline Wozniacki is craving validation with a watershed US Open final triumph on Sunday ...

Travers Duncan asks High Court to strike down ICAC validation laws
ICAC could be sent back to the High Court as a challenge to new laws validating corruption findings looms.

Adam Scott proclaims Texas win as validation of No.1 ranking
... No.1 golfer, beating American Jason Dufner in the third hole of a play-off at the Colonial event. "It's a good feeling and maybe some validation ...

Hollande to sign gay marriage bill after Constitutional Council's validation
Hollande to sign gay marriage bill after Constitutional Council's validation People's Daily Online ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31. Jan, Feb, Mar, ...

Marketers, Get Ready for the 'Validation Era'
The public brands included has been engaging in a "friends" arms race. But there are signs that we know we overdid it.

Validation and Uncertainty
What an extraordinary conversation I had recently on Twitter. It started with Neil Killick’s statement that we should not consider our stories ...

Nvidia Icera 410 LTE Modem Passes AT&T Network Validation
... Today's news is a small step and logical precursor toward both goals, Nvidia's Icera 410 LTE and HSPA+ baseband has passed AT&T's network validation ...

Ting’s Q1 Subscriber Growth Suffers from Sprint’s New Unlocking Validation Process
Back in February, Sprint updated the process it uses to validate unlocked devices that customers want to utilize on other carriers or one of ...

[Android M Feature Spotlight] Stricter APK Validation Now Actually Checks If All Of An APK's Files Are ...
While you might file this one under "really? We weren't doing this already?" if you're a security expert, Google has added stricter validation ...