TreeView does not render properly, or how to insert nodes in a treeview?

I have placed an empty TreeView control on a page, and I want to populate it. In a method I'm fetching all nodes and returning a TreeView object, but for some reason the control is emtpy...

Something like this:

tree = ReturnTree();

I've debugged the method to see that all the nodes are gathered, which they are. How can I get the control to display the nodes? Is there an update (or reload) method I have to call? Or is it impossible to populate the control using a TreeView object?

== The Solution ==

Solved by moving my methods from the separate class and into the code-behind file. Doing this I was able to access the TreeView control  without having return values from my methods.

0
flowjob

flowjob:

I have placed an empty TreeView control on a page, and I want to populate it. In a method I'm fetching all nodes and returning a TreeView object, but for some reason the control is emtpy...

Something like this:

tree = ReturnTree();

I've debugged the method to see that all the nodes are gathered, which they are. How can I get the control to display the nodes? Is there an update (or reload) method I have to call? Or is it impossible to populate the control using a TreeView object?

== The Solution ==

Solved by moving my methods from the separate class and into the code-behind file. Doing this I was able to access the TreeView control  without having return values from my methods.

Congratulations!

Hong-Gang Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support
Hong

How to Invisible treeview node in treeview control????????
Hi All,       I have a treeview .I need to invisible/hide a particular node in that treeview.       Do we have any property for this?       I am doing this in VB.Net.      Thanks alot in advance.Lokanadham M.Hyderabad. There is a visible property in the treenode set that to false. Vikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you   Hi, Thanks for your quick reply. We do not have visible property for the tree node.I am using 2.0. Can you suggest me please.. ...

Treeview.Contains(Treeview.SelectedNode) returns false AND Treeview.Nodes.IndexOf(Treeview.SelectedNode) returns -1
Hello, I have created a treeview in asp in .NET framework version 2.0 . I can populate the treeview(from xmldocument), i have callbacks working for selectedNodechange event, I can save the treeview to an xml file.  Anotherwords, I have pretty much succeeded in using a treeview in asp.net However, why is the following code "see problem code below" giving me my "Does not Contain selectednode" message in my listbox when the code was called from a selectedNodeChanged event?  The rest of my code works fine as in the line NodeToRead = TreeViewForXml.SelectedNode ListBoxForOrder...

Treeview control, non navigating parent node
I've got a treeview control for my site nav working off a the web.sitemap xml file. What I want to do is have a parent node that doesn't navigate to any page. I've tried leaving out the url attribute in the xml but then the parent and all it's children dont show up in the control.I've also tried leaving it as an empty string , but get the same problem. Any help would be really appreciated you can set the TreeNode.SelectAction try setting it to TreeNodeSelectAction.None (I think that's it). Hi Curt, What I wanted was to be able to specify that some parent nodes d...

Control rendering of TreeView's nodes when databound to SiteMapProvider?
Hello: When setting the datasource of a treeview to a SiteMapProvider, it automatically renders the Title as text wrapped with an HRef with the Url of the SiteMapNode, which is perfect for navigation purposes. But I am currently trying to make a usercontrol to allow a WebAdmin to update the sitemap dynamically via screen versus web.config, or db table. In order to manipulate this tree, I wish to find the SelectedNode. But I am unable to set it via screen clicks, as the tree node's text is rendered as a HRef -- which means that instead of clicking and setting the SelectedNode, I ...

Can a node have two parent nodes in treeview control ?
Can a node have two parent nodes in treeview control ? No.Steve Wellens My blog...

Treeview Navigation Control
Hai frnds .. I am new to asp.netI want to populate data to treeview from database .........Can any one help me  ....  Thanks in Advance  Thanks,ShivaIf(MyPost Helps You)“Mark as Answer” Hi, take a look at Display Hierarchical Data with TreeView in ASP.NET 2.0: ASP Alliance. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons....

Treeview: How to navigate to a node
here's the scenario. i load a treeview from a set of SQL tables and set the node id's as "G:dbid". (dbid is the primary key. G node is like 3 levels deep) Now, i want to pass a querystring with a dbid, and i want to programmatically navigate to that node. how do i find this node index based on the node id? i.e. if i pass in a dbid say "855", i know the node's id is "G:855" and i want to find the node's index and select it. something like...tvw.SelectedNodeIndex="0.0.0.2.0.0" is there a simpler way around? thanks ...

Treeview in Treeview dont expand parent Treeview
Hello,i have a little Problem but i dont know how to solve it...i use a componentArt Treeview inside that treeview i nested asp.net content like textboxes, labels and buttons. It also contains a customized Treeview, with a context Menu.The problem is that the parent ComponentArt Treeview  always collapse/expand when i klick on a node of my customized treeview or when i use a button inside the treeview node... Does anybody know how to supress the collapse and expand of the treeview when a control inside the node is klicked???  Thank u alot! ...

Setting Treeview Parent nodes links/Controling node links
 How do I set the link for the parent node to open that node? When I click on the folder icon the node opens up but when I click on the node text I get a postback:javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$placeHolderMain$Reports1$tvReportGroups','sXXX')Using the image above as an example, how do I set the "student" link to go to open the student node? Or navigate to xyz.aspx page? Thanks for any help.  Hello, Assuming that you have such code, you just put NavigateUrl to do your navigation like this:       <asp:TreeView ID="TreeView2" ExpandDepth="1" runat="...

Selecting all child Nodes on click of a Parent Node in TreeView Control
I want to check all child nodes on selecting a parent node checkbox. What are the different ways to do that. On server side and preferably on client side.If you found this post helpful. Please mark it as answer.  check out the below javascript to check all the chile checkbox node when you select any parent checkbox node in a treeview control   <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript"> function test() { //debugger; var obj = window.event.srcElement; var treeNodeFound = false; var c...

How realizes the treeview function but not use treeview controls???
I want to realize the similar TREEVIEW function, but does not useTREEVIEW  controls,   I want  dynamic display data from database (for example :product category)   please give me a way realize this function!   thanks Hi,Why don't you want to use it? To reproduce it is not quite difficult, but it's rather an trivial job. Especially with its layout....

Any treeview control out there better than the IE webcontrols treeview?
Im looking for another treeview besides the IE one because it is horribly slow. The new one must have all the abilities as the IE one and wordwrapping would be a bonus. It can be free or not, it doesn't matter.In this world there are 10 types of people, those that know binary and those who don't. There is another company that offers a treeview app. They are http://www.visualasp.com I am currently running the demo. I sent a support question to them about a problem with starting the tree on a mapped drive. I can tell the code-behind to start on any physical drive, but neither a mapped ...

How can I disable link for TreeView control nodes besides leaves of the control?
I'd like to post a page back with a click only on the leaves of TreeView control? There is the property ShowCheckBoxes="Leaf", but how can I improvise something like DisableLinkForAllBesides="Leaf"? :) Thank you."A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him." http://www.russiangeek.com/ I found, a node has SelectAction property..."A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him." http://www.russiangeek.com/...

display different controls on same page based on node selection from a treeview control?
My asp.net app has 2 div columns.   On the left div column I have a treeview control.  When I run the app I populate the treeview from an xml file and by default display a gridview with some data on the right div.  When I select a given node on the treeview I need to replace the gridview and display some textboxes and a dropdown box in the same location as the gridview.  Is it possible to display the text/drop down boxes on the same page as the gridview - thus replacing/hiding the gridview?  I am thinking using a panel control(s) - place the gridview on one...

Web resources about - TreeView does not render properly, or how to insert nodes in a treeview? - asp.net.navigation-controls

Live-Beta TreeView Demo: Frameless Layout with Highlighting TreeView Demo: Frameless Layout with Highlighting ...
Welcome to our beta site for CBC Live mp3 streams! This is a form of online broadcast we are exploring right now, both from a technical best-practices ...

Visual Basic for Applications - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Visual Basic for Applications ( VBA ) is an implementation of Microsoft 's event-driven programming language Visual Basic 6 and its associated ...

From the Saint
It's full steam ahead for events in the Saint today; although some have been postponed, others are getting bigger and better.

HOME - St. Catharines
St. Catharines is a city that offers many ammenities and opportunities to its residents. It is a place known for its friendliness, charm and ...

CrossFont Help
CrossFont Help

Examples - AlloyUI
AlloyUI is a framework built on top of YUI3 that provides a simple API for building high scalable applications.

allworldsoft.com — all software.
Xara X1 1.1 DL Xara X is an advanced graphic illustration package for Windows, that offers unrivaled redraw speed and a user interface which ...

CrossFont Help
CrossFont Help

Evolution of the Windows Interface
... a 3D button, comboboxes. Windows 95 introduced a slew of new 3D controls, such as rich text edit, toolbars/statusbar, progressbar, treeview/listview, ...

Silverlight - Blackboard
Silverlight is a development platform for creating rich media applications and business applications for the Web, desktop, and mobile devices.Microsoft ...