throw exception if using master page,update panel with in content page

hi friends,

i am using vs2005 and asp.net2.0. i am using master page,content page ,update panel within content page. Now i want to throw exception as message box with exception name in message box due to control in update panel.i am able to show exception name in text box but not in message box.

plz. help ASAP

vickyjha

0
vickyjha

Hi, The Follwing code Take Data from Update Panel an Shows it When U click Show Button...
Hope It Helps U

<head id="Head1" runat="server">

<title>PageRequestManager</title>
<script language="C#" runat="server">

protected override void OnLoad(EventArgs e) {

if (Session["count"] == null) {

Session["count"] = 1;

}

else {

Session["count"] = ((int)Session["count"]) + 1;

}

System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(1000);

theCount.Text = "count = " + Session["count"].ToString();

}

</script>

</head>

<form id="form1" runat="server">
<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />

<script type="text/javascript">
var initializeCount = 0;

var beginCount = 0;

var loadingCount = 0;

var loadedCount = 0;

var endCount = 0;

var prm = Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance();
prm.add_initializeRequest(initializeRequest);

prm.add_beginRequest(beginRequest);

prm.add_pageLoading(pageLoading);

prm.add_pageLoaded(pageLoaded);

prm.add_endRequest(endRequest);

function initializeRequest(sender, initializeRequestEventArgs) {
initializeCount = initializeCount + 1;

}

function beginRequest(sender, beginRequestEventArgs) {
beginCount = beginCount + 1;

}

function pageLoading(sender, pageLoadingEventArgs) {

}

function pageLoaded(sender, pageLoadedEventArgs) {
loadedCount = loadedCount + 1;

}

function endRequest(sender, endRequestEventArgs) {
endCount = endCount + 1;

}

function showCounts() {
var message = "initialized = " + initializeCount +

"\r\nbegin = " + beginCount +
"\r\nloading = " + loadingCount +

"\r\nloaded = " + loadedCount + "\r\nend = " + endCount;
alert(message);

}

</script>

<asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server">
<ContentTemplate>

<asp:Button runat="server" Text="Refresh" ID="RefreshButton" /><br /><br />

</ContentTemplate>
</asp:UpdatePanel>

<input type="button" onclick="showCounts()" value="Show Counts" />

</form>

Thanks
Avinash Tiwari

Remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post, if it helps you.
0
qwe123kids
2/25/2009 8:03:10 AM

try like this..

ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock(this.UpdatePanel2, typeof(string), "TEST", "alert('Message Here!');", true);

SSN
Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you.
0
suthish
2/25/2009 8:20:05 AM

thanks for reply,...

         but i am using master page so scriptmanager is on masterpage and update panel is on

content page and i have to throw exception as messagebox in try catch.

plz reply asap

 vickyjha

0
vickyjha
2/25/2009 10:15:23 AM

 Use script manager proxy on your child pages

0
azizkap1269

Using an Update Panel in a Content page of Master.page/content.page scenario
When I place an Update Panel inside a content page of a Masterpage I get the following error: Element 'UpdatePanel' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site.  Is the Update Panel suppose to work with a content page, etc.?  Can't seem to find any Docs that talk about where the Update Panel is allowed. Warren     Well, don't you know it.  Right after I put out the original post, I then downloaded the latest release of the ajax extensions and it looks like they have fixed the problem with the update panel not working ...

Update panel ins Master page ... triger control in content page
In the Masterpage i have a datalist inside a update panel . in a page used this masterpage i need when click a button de datalist refresh without refresh all the page   Somebody can help me??   thanks vgta_: In the Masterpage i have a datalist inside a update panel . in a page used this masterpage i need when click a button de datalist refresh without refresh all the page   Somebody can help me??   thanks Please ignoe this post...

Updating label in Master page from aspx page using Update panel
Hi,   I have master page that has label. Now aspx page that is using that master page has some code in update panel that save data in DB that will load by master page and update the label. problem is that code in update page can refresh master page to reload data to update label  My question is How I update the panel label when code on aspx page using update panel updates DB. Thanks See http://www.asp.net/AJAX/Documentation/Live/tutorials/UsingUpdatePanelMasterPages.aspx -DamienVisoft, Inc - Home | Blogs Latest Blog Post: SQL 2008 x64 and VS2008 SP1...

Using Master Page controls in content pages..
Dear All I am new to using Master pages but i find them very usefull. What I have is on the master page is a menu that consists of series of link buttons that link to different content pages and a series of panels that contains an image of a bar that correspondes to a button, and I wont to set the visibility of a panel to true or false depending on the click of a link button. The problem is the panels on the master page seem to be protected, and when i go to reference the control in the content page i cant even though the content page now about the control. here is the code i am using...

Problem to use TreeView Control in a 'content page' This Error Occur "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls."
hi I am trying to use the TreeView Control inside the content page (Page that has a master page is a content page). On compiling the project I got the following ASP.Net runtime error: "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls."B@b@R J Issue resolved. I was putting script tag in the content page that is not allowed. when remove the script from content page problem is resolved.B@b@R J...

How to do post back in a dynamically created user control [provided that update panel is in the master page of the page where user control is added] {B/C of FileUpload Control}
I have a register my scriptmanager and place the update panel around contenttempalte for my pages int the master page. Now in one of my pages i am adding some user controls dynamically. In two of my user user controls I have FileUpload control which will not work under partial post back. So I want's full postback for them How could I do that {Provided that i am on the user control,which is inside the page ,and page have the contenttemplat...

Master Page cannot trigger Content Page Update Panel
I have a Master page with a header that have a popup page opened via javascript. In the popup page i have some selection say year and period, when a user change a selection it will do a postback save the values in session and close the popup page. When the popup page is closed i will trigger a javascript function to click a button inside my content page The button is on all your pages with that master page?...

Unable to validate textboxex and other controls using java script while iam using master pages and content page
Hi all,   iam unable to validate textboxes and other controls using java script  while iam using Master page i have added controls to content page and have to Perform validation using java script . can any body guide me in this issue while dealing with master Pages . where i have to put java script validation code . actullay nothing happen when iam using Master pages .     best regards rameez  life is name of learning!Mark as an answer if it helps Master pages mangle the control IDs. Use this to find the correct ID from JavaScript: var textBo...

Using Master Page Controls within the code of the Content page
Does any one know if  you can use controls with in the masterpage in the Code of the content page? An example is: lblDateTime - label control in masterpage I want to use the text Property of this label to input data into some field on the content page. eg. txtDatePosted.text  = lblDateTime.text Stupid example but i hope you get what I mean. Matt Hi Matt,I have had the same problem with an application. I needed to access a control in a page from UserControl used in it. After four days, I found the solution:1) Create a class called "CustomMaster" and inherit System.Web.UI.Mast...

WebForm control names in a content page using a Master page
I use a Master page for some content pages in my application. Suppose a content page has a textbox webcontrol named Text1, that replaces in ControlArea1 of the Master page.After the page has been posted back, and I try to access the Request.Form collection, to my surprise, the controls have been renamed to something like $ControlArea1$Text1.Now, that causes problems. That prevemts a clear separation between presentation and logic. If tommorrow, I move the controls to ContentArea2 in the Master page, I will have to go back to the code-behind module, & make changes everywhere I index Form ...

problem using user control in content page or master page
hi friends i am new to this forum.. just now i joined.. my problem is while insert user controls in the master page  or in content .. the control is sitting top of the form.. can anyone help me... i have to place the user control in to the content .. The control is inside the content tag.. but while viewing it in design view or in browser its appearing in the top.. i tried using panels also i cannt.. pls help me how to do that.. its very urgentVMSSanthoshWhen you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a reply which answers your question; this en...

Web resources about - throw exception if using master page,update panel with in content page - asp.net.navigation-controls

Motor vehicle exception - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The exception is based on the idea that there is a lower expectation of privacy in motor vehicles due to the regulations they operate. Additionally, ...

Podcast #42 – It’s The Exception That Proves The Rule
... Language and Usage , which was frustrated by the high number of certain types of questions that were coming in. Is this podcast the exception ...

RWW News: Marco Rubio Reiterates His Opposition To Rape Or Incest Exceptions - YouTube
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/marco-rubio-reiterates-his-opposition-rape-or-incest-exceptions Right Wing Watch reports on the extreme ...

Can Tunisia, the 'Arab exception', hold on to democractic ideals amid turmoil?
The terrorist attack on the Bardo Museum, in Tunis, represents yet another episode of senseless, barbaric violence in the name of Islam.

Bike thefts spike in exception to drop in crime
... level in nine years, with a 28 per cent jump in three months. Bicycle thefts have soared to their highest level in nine years, a rare exception ...

Many rugby films wind up in dead ball area but The Ground We Won is an exception
If rugby is the game they play in heaven, rugby movies generally come from a lesser place.

Most consumers better off after carbon tax scrapped – with one possible exception
Households are roughly $550 a year better off since the scraping of the carbon tax, but air travellers may wonder if they are being overcharged, ...

Men Need to Admit That Jian Ghomeshi Is No Exception
That men like Jian Ghomeshi are a terrible exception and if we as men simply stand up and say we are not as bad as that, or that we are not rapists ...

China, Thailand reach visa exception agreement
China, Thailand reach visa exception agreement People's Daily Online ... this at a forum on China's foreign diplomacy held in Beijing. Both ...

No exception allowed in graft crackdown: People's Daily
No exception allowed in graft crackdown: People's Daily - Ecns.cn ecns The expulsion of Ling Jihua from the Communist Party of China (CPC) ...