No post back the query string lost

Hello Everybody,

I have the combo box to select language culture in master page. On selecting the culture the post back happens and i am losing my query string itself.

For example if my page is vdetail.aspx?vid=13 then after post back it remains just  vdetail.aspx. So i am not able to retrive the value from db based on id.

Please help it really very urgent.

Thanks,
Kalpana Patel

Remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post, if it helps you.
-1
kyuti

 hi..

in postback the url remains same.

are you using Response.Redirect on post back ?

||- Paresh -||
[GTL-Ahmedabad]
0
paaresh
5/1/2009 12:58:24 PM

 Hello,

I have solved the issue. Anyways Thank you all.

Thanks,
Kalpana Patel

Remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post, if it helps you.
-1
kyuti
5/5/2009 4:04:41 AM

Hi.

Please provide the details how u solved ur problem. So it could be useful for others..

Thanks, Thirumalai M

0
Thirumalai_pm

Problem With Dynamicially Created Web User Control.on post back all controls lost.
Hi All,         i m facing Problem With Dynamicially Created Web User Control.on post back all controls lost. I have Created a Web User Control in asp.net.on that user control i have a button which has some functionality.it works fine when i add this control. but when i create this control at run time ,problem arise when i click on any of the button on the control.all control lost.i load this control by writing this code private SqlBuilderResultsControl objSBRC = new SqlBuilderResultsControl(); objSBRC = (SqlBuilderResultsControl)LoadControl("SqlBuilderR...

Lost Controls in placeholder on post back ...
Hi all, i made page with Dropdownlist to select how many vote options user may as below:   <asp:DropDownList ID="ddlCount" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True"> <asp:ListItem Value="1">1</asp:ListItem> <asp:ListItem Value="2">2</asp:ListItem> <asp:ListItem Value="3">3</asp:ListItem> <asp:ListItem Value="4">4</asp:ListItem> <asp:ListItem Value="5">5</asp:ListItem> <asp:ListItem Value="6"&g...

Query string not changing on post back
Hi, I can't seem to figure this out. I have a user control located in tier.aspx. The user control contains 3 dropdowns. When an item is selected from one of the dropdowns it fills a query string with the IndexSelected number of the drop down menu. This number is then sent in a Response.Redirect query string to the tier.aspx page. The problem is that the tier.aspx page keeps posting back with the original query string number, it doesn't change! Here is the code: User Control: using System; using System.Collections; using System.ComponentModel; using System.Data; using System...

Menu control posting back rather than navigating to a url
Hi,  This is probably a simple one I hope.  The menu renders exactly as I would hope, but on clicking a menu item the menu control posts back rather than navigating to the page set in the url property of the sitemap XML.  I have a menu control on a master page tied to a SiteMapDataSource. The Web.sitemap looks like the following below:  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <siteMap xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/AspNet/SiteMap-File-1.0" ><siteMapNode> <siteMapNode url="~/Admin/ManageCategories.aspx&qu...

Going back to a control after post back?
I have a page that is quite long, so after each post back, user need to scroll back to that control, is that a way to tell the browser to goto that specific control after postback? I have tried to put an anchor <a name='foo'> in front of that control and use asp.net's [Page.RegisterClientScriptBlock] to insert a javascript location.href = '#foo' into the page, however, it didn't work with Netscape7 because somehow NS stop show the page after that piece of javascript is inserted to the page.......here is an example.... <html> <head> <script language='JavaScrip...

Are query strings better for search engine listings or post backs?
Example, I have a user control which is basically some link buttons. Whenever a link button is clicked, some content from the database is retrieved and displayed. I can easily do this with query strings as well. I'm assuming post backs that I'm currently using for this control are not good for search engine listings. Am I correct?www.LinkToIslam.net Maybe some SEO guys will chime in, but IMO it would be good to have the querystring data in the link.  This way you have more keywords on the page for the search engine to pick up on and follow."Sector clear"  We...

getting focus back to the same control after post back
Hi friends!  How the control can be set focused on the same conrol after post back from where it was generated?thanks At the event of the control which causes Postback , add {        ControlID.Focus() } in this wayprotected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {if (IsPostBack) {Control control = null; string ctrlname = Page.Request.Params["__EVENTTARGET"];if (ctrlname != null && ctrlname != String.Empty) { control = Page.FindControl(ctrlname); control.Focus(); } }   }   Note this will work for all...

navigate from Edit control back to the view control when the view control needs parameter in the url ( ver 2.1.2)
Hi, I am writing a module for 2.1.2. The view control is loaded based on a "&itemId=" parameter appended to the url. The module has Edit and Add controls. I use the same ascx page for both (register the same page twice as Add and Edit). Navigation to the Edit is done by using EditUrl("itemId", itemId, "Edit") and navigation to the Add is done by using EditUrl("itemId", -1, "Add"). This goes well. The problem is going back from both Edit and Add to the view, when clicking update, delete or cancel. I've tried EditUrl("itemId",itemId, "") going back from the Edit, but I get the "mid=...

Question on Post back. Post back to WHAT???
   Hello I am learning about asp.net. I know that Postback refers to a page being submitted to the web server. But, what is meant when a pages "Posts back to itself" ??? Is this the same thing as the single word Post Back. I ask this, because from what I have read, View State works only if a page "Posts back to itself". Does this terminology refering to a single post back to the server, or a round trip. Please help.     When a page does a PostBack, it basically does a form submit back to itself. All controls/variables are re-instantiated, and then re-populated from ViewState (which should bring them back to their previous values).   NC...     You should also note that starting with ASP.NET 2.0, you can have a page post to another page.  Not sure if you can call this "PostBack," although the concept is similar. I wonder what you call posting back to another page. I mean it could be called postback. But it kinda totally different.-Blake NiemyjskiBlog - Website: windowscoding.com Blake05 wrote:I wonder what you call posting back to another page. I mean it could be called postback. But it kinda totally different.I have few suggestions:PostFrontPostForwardPostPagePostToPagePostUpPostDownPostRedirectPostAwayor simply Post...

How to do post back in a dynamically created user control [provided that update panel is in the master page of the page where user control is added] {B/C of FileUpload Control}
I have a register my scriptmanager and place the update panel around contenttempalte for my pages int the master page. Now in one of my pages i am adding some user controls dynamically. In two of my user user controls I have FileUpload control which will not work under partial post back. So I want's full postback for them How could I do that {Provided that i am on the user control,which is inside the page ,and page have the contenttemplat...

User Control Post Back databound control loosing viewstate
Hello all, I've got what appears to be a fairly common problem, but all of the articles i've read don't seem to solve my particular problem. I have a user control that contains a Textbox, a DropDownList, a CheckBox, a Button and a Repeater. The premise of this control is that using the textbox, ddl and checkbox the user can enter criteria for a search that will return a list of products when the user clicks on the submit button. The results of this search are then displayed by binding them to the repeater control. This user control is loaded programatically into the controls ...

How to maintain form controls value after user control post back?
 hello experts, I have created filter grid in asp.net & C#.My form design has contains 3 dropdown controls and Filter grid(User control).Its working fine(filter), but one problem arise.the form controls are clear when i filter a grid(post back).I tried to reterive values using view state, hidden controls, i got only null values.Anyone please help, its urgent to me. Its my user control code.FilterGrid.aspx<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="FilterGrid.ascx.cs" Inherits="FilterGrid" %><style type = "text/css&...

Button will not post back after adding validation control and summary control
I have a form with a submit button that worked fine until I added some Required Field validators and a Validation Summary control. Now if I dont enter any information the Validation Summary Control returns the correct error information, but when I enter all of the information, the page will not post back. Any Idea what could cause this? TIA Jason When I remove the Validation Controls, the page works fine... May be you can try to run "aspnet_regiis.exe -c" in the .net framework folder on command line and see what happen.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ...

How to post back without really posting back?
I call a web service to get a value to update a textbox in response to a client side (javascript) event. Once I have that value I also need to update a RangeValidator's MaximumValue property. There doesn't seem to be a way to do this from the client side and I really don't want to do a full postback just to update this property. Can someone suggest an alternative? Thanks ... Ed   You can do everything with JavaScript. After the textbox is updated through your web service, you can use another javascript function to validate the range of the input. Use the onchange fu...

Which Control Posted Back?
hi i need to know whick control make postback  EventTarget i think is the thing you are looking for... Request.Form.GetValues("__EVENTTARGET"); sivakl_2001: i need to know whick control make postback Look at the threads below:http://forums.asp.net/t/1147257.aspx http://forums.asp.net/t/1388983.aspx http://forums.asp.net/t/1074998.aspx Regards,Vinz"Code, Beer and Music" that's my way of being a programmer!How to get your Forum Question Answered | Blog | CodeASP.NET after the page load button  in your page make a postback if you click it ...

Which Control Posted Back?
How can you tell which control caused the postback?  Whether it was the clicking of a button, pressing enter in a textbox, or changing a control with "AutoPostBack" set to True. I would like to be able to setup different actions for certain controls, but have all the remainging controls do the normal steps on a postback. This is off the top of my head, but you should be able to do something like: string m_ControlID; private void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e){   if (IsPostBack)   {      Control control = (Control)se...

Controls not posting back
 Hi,For some reason on my site none of the imagebuttons, buttons, linkbuttons, dropdownlists etc are posting back when triggered. Why is this? Could it be to do with the <html> tag or doctype or somethingCheers,Curt.Regards, Curt Is there some validator in the page which is not showing any error message. Can you show us your code so that we can help betterVikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you  Thanks for your reply vikram, but Ive just found what the issue was.Its because of the way I was importing a javascript file. Ive come across thi...

query string in .net
 Hi All, Can anybody give me some info on query string in .NET.How is it used in passing information from one page to another.What other purpose it serves?...If anyone has a link to understand it better with examples that wuld be great.pls help.  ThanksSimi------------&------------"To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail." -Michael Jordan siminet:Can anybody give me some info on query string in .NET.How is it used in passing information from one page to another.What other purpose it serves?...If anyone has a link to understand it better with examples...

History control: Navigating away from and "back" to a page using History control.
Hi,Another little issue with the History control.  This one has been racking my brain now for some time, but I think I've narrowed it down to what is actually causing the problem.  My setup: I have a page that is a Repeater (or Gridview, both have this bug) listing of data, that is Paged AND/OR Filtered by a keyword, and is in an UpdatePanel so that it is AJAX style paging and filtering.  I'm using the History control from the May Futures -- the main point of this (and what is mainly broken) is so that when users click on a item in the Repeater and go to the details vi...

Custom Control post back raises Validation Control's Validate event
Hi all, I have developed a custom pager control, which has been inherited from WebControl, IPostBackDataHandler. Function of the control is to render a pager layout ( page numbers, next, prev, buttons ) and raise an event on the server when page change in UI. Problem is what when i place any validator control which are validate on server only are raising validation on custom pager control's post back. code preview PreRender(){   // Registering client script block that set page index in hidden   // and submit the form} Render(){   // Rend...

Havng a user control load data from a post back if it was programmatically added to the control collection?
I run into this scenario alot where i need to add x number of objects that aren't known at design time so they are loaded with LoadControl and added to the collection. Problem is these are controls that need to be edited and stuff so i need the information back and preferably let the control come back to life and parse what its suppose to for postback data. Is there a trick to getting this to work? I always end up going for the raw form values which in terms of asp.net is messy. There some way i can force feed the form postback after the loadcontrol remakes the control?   you...

how to redirect query string of domain1 to the query string of domain2?
 Hello members!i have two websites made in asp.net 2.0 and i want to redirect the query string of domain1 to the query string of domain2, for examplei want to redirectwww.domain1.com/example.aspx?f=helloTO www.domain2.com/example.aspx?f=hellohow can i do it? can i do it in web.config file? Please help me out. i really need to do this. Thanks in advance. waiting for your replies.Arbaz www.funscarpe.comwww.123friendster.com in domain1 write this line i the page load event String qs=Request.Querystring["f"].tostring(); and in the redirecting code write this response.redirect...

Query String Query
 Hey i have no issues getting a bunch of value out of a datasource based on a query string when the format is like :Default.aspx?id=1I then put the "default.aspx" page in a folder called "profile" and tryed to see if query strings in this format worked : Profile?id=1My new "challenge" is to get it so that the person can have a string value as there id but in this format :Profile/Stringi believe it is doable but i am not sure how. Anyone know / suggestions? thanks Si!  You can use URL Rewriting/Mapping. Brian O'Connell (MCAD) - http://www.sys...

user control post back
Hi,I have a asp.net page with severals user controls. How do I know what is the user control that invoke the post back in a ASP.NET page load function?Thanks in advance An example of my problem is: <asp:GridView ID="gvList" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="false"            DataKeyNames="Id" OnSorting="Search_Sorting">            <Columns>            <asp:TemplateField> &...

Web resources about - No post back the query string lost - asp.net.navigation-controls

Rooney Mara in pale Givenchy at the Oscars: goth-bridal or stunning?
As soon as Rooney Mara walked on to the carpet, Twitter blew up with people groaning about her Givenchy gown. I love it… I love the hate, I mean. ...

Death toll rises from "cowardly" Baghdad bombings
CBS News Death toll rises from "cowardly" Baghdad bombings CBS News BAGHDAD In Iraq, the death toll from devastating back-to-back market bombings ...

Raspberry Pi 3 microcomputer with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi goes on sale for $35
The Raspberry Pi Foundation has launched the Raspberry Pi 3, a third generation model of the popular Raspberry Pi mini computer. Costing $35, ...

iOS 10 Concept Video Integrates 3D Touch into Control Center
If Apple follows its usual upgrade cycle, iOS 10 should be announced at WWDC this summer with a public release in the fall. In anticipation of ...

Gods of Egypt is like Beast Wars crossed with bad Internet porn
Hey everybody! I didn't have to wear miniskirt armor in this movie, so I count that as a big win! (credit: Gods of Egypt) By now you’ve heard ...

Melissa Harris-Perry won't be back for her MSNBC show
NEW YORK (AP) — Melissa Harris-Perry and MSNBC are going their separate ways.

Walking Dead season 6 episode 12 Not Tomorrow Yet: The Hilltop, Carl & Jesus to the fore
READ: Walking Dead season 6 spoilers: Is THIS the best episode yet!? The Walking Dead's twelfth episode is set to air on March 6th and will see ...

North Korea parades detained American student
PYONGYANG, North Korea — North Korea presented a detained American student before the media on Monday in Pyongyang, where he tearfully apologized ...

Ohio pastor shot, killed on Sunday at his church
The Seattle Times Ohio pastor shot, killed on Sunday at his church The Seattle Times The Rev. William B. Schooler is pictured in January 2011 ...

'Spotlight' & Tom McCarthy Win Top Prizes at 2016 Indie Spirit Awards
The Independent Spirit Awards are an annual award given in the name of independent film, featuring plenty of those little indies which deserve ...