Menu control broken with IE8

I have a masterpage with Menu control.  It has been working well with IE7, but is broken under IE8.  When you mouse over top level you see a gray area where the next level menu items used to be under IE7.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

================
MusicMan

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.
Saavik

put this in your head section, it will force IE8 to IE7 compatibility mode for your website.

- William

Give some of my PWSK modules a try.
0
whighfield
5/3/2009 1:20:18 AM

Thank you - this certainly works.

Is a "real" fix forthcoming?  Are there other problems caused by the new version?

Thank you,

================
MusicMan

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.
Saavik
5/3/2009 4:56:19 AM

Much appreciated!

One more question, if you don't mind - after this fix is applied, will Asp.Menu work in BOTH IE7 and IE8, or IE8 only?

Thank you,

================
MusicMan

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.
Saavik
5/4/2009 1:56:55 AM

It will work in both IE7 & 8 after the fix.

0
Dave
5/4/2009 7:34:17 AM

I appreciate your help.

Thank you,

================
MusicMan

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.
Saavik

The menu control is out of my control
Here's my situation, I've been searching for about 2 weeks to try to do this without any luck. My limited knowledge of ASP doesn't help but I should have found an answer by now because it seems so simple. So here it is. I'm using the menu control and the CSS Friendly Control Adapters 2.0 to make it a bit easier to apply CSS to. ShowStartingNode is set to false because I want to see the whole menu. I have the menu just how I want it. Now, I want to be able to hide certain nodes in the menu. Not so users cant access them (some people have suggested using access control but this...

How do you control the menu control?
I am using the ASP 2.0 menu control.  When my submenus display, they display on top of the text that is already there from the content page.  The result is an unreadable mixture of text from both the page and the submenu.  Is there a way to force the submenu text to be on top of the content page's text without showing the content page text?  I don't see a property that can do this.  Thanks. The pop out panels should not be transparent and they should appear on top of the content page (unless the z-index of your controls are greater than 1). Please could you pr...

Controlling how many menu items appear in the menu control
Hi I have a menu control which is bound to the web.sitemap. I want to be able to control how many static menu items can be displayed in the menu. I have the home button showing with other buttons too i.e. staticdisplaylevels=2. But how do I say for example to only show the first 6 main sitemap nodes to go in the menu so that there are only 6 menu items to chose from even though there are more defined in the sitemap. Thanks in advance. You can use the MenuItemDataBound event and hide the menu's you don't want to show to the user Alternatively you can add a custom attribute (visible="false"...

Menu control holding other controls
Is it possible for a Menu control to contain other controls? I'm curious because I need to hold a LoginStatus control in a menu. Technically, Technically, according to the QuickStarts, the Menu control does have a 'controls' property (ControlCollection),  However I don't see it in the Properties window at all.  Even Still - &nbsp;and it's just in my opinion, that would not be a good design.What are your thoughts on why you'd want to do something like this?David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Be...

Menu control and Image control
Hi I've recently been building a website using asp.net 2005, I added a menu along the top of the web page, and a logo image just below the menu. The problem is when the mouse cross over the menu, the parent menu populates its sub menu, but the sub menu droping down behind the image, so that I couldn't click the sub menu, I reckon that there might be a component layer management technique should be used for this situation. Anyone can help me out? I also tried to set the value of z-index, but it only works on the main menu item, all submenuitem still hiding behind the image. a...

Menu control and Find Control
hi i have fetching problem with find control. i take menu control in that i have adding static item template,the template contain two control so how  to find that control pls help me Thx.  I'm not sure what your problem is. Perhaps you could provide an example with some source code?Here's a great link related to finding controls: In Search Of ASP.Net Controls Firstly the names of the controls will have changed if they are inside a tempalte to something like Menu1_ctl00_Textbox1, now you first need a reference to the template, one way is to just reference the controls por...

Navigation Menu, Javascript, find position of parent control, set position of child control
 I'm trying to make a navigation menu that has a menu bar, and some drop down menus. I'm horrible in javascript coding, and could use some help with this. I don't do much with Javascript and I think this might be over my head.I made the menubar items, and the dropdown menus, and when you mouseover the menu item, the dropdown menu becomes visible - mouseout becomes hidden. I need to get the position of the menu item that the mouse over, and set the new position of the dropdown menu, which is right underneath the menu item.Thanks for any help contributed in advance. ...

Programmatically rendering a Menu Control/Menu control in an external file
How do i do this? I just want the html of the menucontrol so i can write it to the page with javascript (it is a really large site map an i dont want to increase the size of everypage 150k) the code below throws an error at s.RenderControl(htmlWrite) saying [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] System.Web.UI.Control.get_SpacerImageUrl() +59that is the top of the stack trace        'Dim Menu1 As New System.Web.UI.WebControls.Menu()        'Dim smds As New System.Web.UI.WebControls...

Retain state of controls on menu item click (Menu control)
I have a project setup as Master-Content pages. I have also included a Menu control in the master page. I have some textboxes and dropdownlists in content pages. The problem is that when I click any of the menu items, the page gets refreshed instead of doing a postback and all the values of the controls are gone. This creates a problem in a case where user is on one item page, he types in some values, does a postback, gets the results, and then if goes to other item in the menu and comes back, all those values are gone. How can I retain the values of controls (textboxes, dropdownl...

Custom Control within a Control Control

VS2008 Menu control and the Control Adapters
Has anyone experienced problems using the control adapters with the menu control in VS2008?  In VS2005 no problems.  In VS2008 the menu is fully expanded and will not collapes.  Also looks like it has some width issues.  Some of the wider menu items run right of the box.  I think it's basing the width on the first item in the list. well i tried to use css control adapter using cascading checkboxes tree menu.But when I use response.redirect then it throws index out of bounds exception onbool bExpand = (state[0] == 'e');do you have any idea about this?&nb...

How to create my Menu Control as a User Control
 Hi,I am using a Menu Control (Navigation) using SQL Server as its backend and transforming it into XML for use by Menu Control.. My final output is working fine,  I want to create a user control from it. I have these files in my project... Default.aspxDefault.aspx.cs TransformXSLT.xslWeb.Configand a database in SQL Server with MenuID, Text, Description, ParentID, URL as the columns in database table... Any help will be appreciated on how I can create user Control from it... thanx in advance Hi,This should help you to get started:How to: Create an ASP.NE...

Web Custom Control with Menu control
Hello. Trying to create a Web Custom Control that is containing a Menu I'm getting a NullReferenceException at Line 21. If I remove line 20 it works - ok, there's nothing left to render, of course. Anybody has an idea why?1 Imports System 2 Imports System.Collections.Generic 3 Imports System.ComponentModel 4 Imports System.Text 5 Imports System.Web 6 Imports System.Web.UI 7 Imports System.Web.UI.WebControls 8 9 <ToolboxData("<{0}:WebCustomControl1 runat=server></{0}:WebCustomControl1>")> _ 10 Public Class MyCustomControl 11...

Web resources about - Menu control broken with IE8 - asp.net.navigation-controls

TERROR IN JAKARTA: 'Situation under control' after explosions, gunfire erupt in Indonesian capital
At least six people are dead, including three police officers, after several explosions at the Sarinah shopping mall in an apparent multi-site ...

Backburn approved in bid to control bushfire before blaze hit Wye River - HeraldSun Search Search
A BACKBURN was approved to try to control a bushfire in the days before it tore through more than 100 homes in Wye River on Christmas Day.

WA fires: threatening Jindalee blaze brought under control
A fire that was at one stage a threat to lives on homes in Jindalee on Thursday has been brought under control.

Grassfire near Leneva in Victoria's north-east now under control, fire authorities say
A grassfire burning near Leneva in Victoria's north-east is now under control, fire authorities say.

Publicis Said to Weigh Bid for Control of Cheil Worldwide
Publicis Groupe is weighing a bid for a controlling stake in Cheil Worldwide, people with knowledge of the matter said. The French company is ...

Playing around with BMW’s 7 Series gesture control user interface
We take a BMW 7 Series for a short drive to play with its gesture control. Video shot/edited by Jennifer Hahn. (video link) LAS VEGAS—Yesterday, ...

BMW recalls i8 for stability control problem
... , BMW , Safety , Coupe , Hybrid , Performance BMW will recall a small number of 2015 i8s because of a problem with the dynamic stability control ...

Embracing the NRA on gun control
I’m just stealing a massive post from Stonekettle Station on a plausible path forward towards sanity on guns: Those laws should be designed ...

The most common reasons real drivers seize control of a Google self-driving car
... for the Department of Motor Vehicles that Google just published . Each time, the cars "disengaged" from their autonomous mode, giving control ...