How do you control the menu control?

I am using the ASP 2.0 menu control.  When my submenus display,
they display on top of the text that is already there from the content
page.  The result is an unreadable mixture of text from both the
page and the submenu.  Is there a way to force the submenu text to
be on top of the content page's text without showing the content page
text?  I don't see a property that can do this.  Thanks.
0
RomanBenko

The pop out panels should not be transparent and they should appear on top of the content page (unless the z-index of your controls are greater than 1). Please could you provide the version of ASP.NET 2.0 you are using? Also, could you paste in the markup of your page?

Please review the following bug in the product feedback center as it might be related:

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/ProductFeedback/viewFeedback.aspx?feedbackid=9dd0cdb9-bf03-49b9-97e1-abce38e26fde

Thanks,
Joe
0
JoeBerg
10/5/2005 6:24:12 AM
I changed the z-index of my controls to zero and that resolved everything.  Thanks.
0
RomanBenko

The menu control is out of my control
Here's my situation, I've been searching for about 2 weeks to try to do this without any luck. My limited knowledge of ASP doesn't help but I should have found an answer by now because it seems so simple. So here it is. I'm using the menu control and the CSS Friendly Control Adapters 2.0 to make it a bit easier to apply CSS to. ShowStartingNode is set to false because I want to see the whole menu. I have the menu just how I want it. Now, I want to be able to hide certain nodes in the menu. Not so users cant access them (some people have suggested using access control but this...

Custom Control within a Control Control

Menu control and Find Control
hi i have fetching problem with find control. i take menu control in that i have adding static item template,the template contain two control so how  to find that control pls help me Thx.  I'm not sure what your problem is. Perhaps you could provide an example with some source code?Here's a great link related to finding controls: In Search Of ASP.Net Controls Firstly the names of the controls will have changed if they are inside a tempalte to something like Menu1_ctl00_Textbox1, now you first need a reference to the template, one way is to just reference the controls por...

Menu control holding other controls
Is it possible for a Menu control to contain other controls? I'm curious because I need to hold a LoginStatus control in a menu. Technically, Technically, according to the QuickStarts, the Menu control does have a 'controls' property (ControlCollection),  However I don't see it in the Properties window at all.  Even Still -  and it's just in my opinion, that would not be a good design.What are your thoughts on why you'd want to do something like this?David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Be...

Menu control and Image control
Hi I've recently been building a website using asp.net 2005, I added a menu along the top of the web page, and a logo image just below the menu. The problem is when the mouse cross over the menu, the parent menu populates its sub menu, but the sub menu droping down behind the image, so that I couldn't click the sub menu, I reckon that there might be a component layer management technique should be used for this situation. Anyone can help me out? I also tried to set the value of z-index, but it only works on the main menu item, all submenuitem still hiding behind the image. a...

How do you control the placement of controls in a user define control
I have a user define control.  I put the control on the (C# Visual Studio 2008) page where I want them. When I run the program, the controls are all over the page.  How do I place them where they do not move form where I put them? You'll need to study the HTML output and see what it's producing, then start to look at how to do an HTML layout. hi, there are absolute and Relative position in html. I guess you must use relative position. For example, at design-time, you place a TextBox below an Image, at run-time, no matter what size is the image, the TextBox is alway bel...

Trying to load a control into a control from another control
Exactly as the subject states, I'm trying to load a control into another control from a control loaded into a page, I keep getting this error from the code I have below. I've also tried the findcontrol but it keeps coming up null. (67): 'System.Web.UI.UserControl' denotes a 'class' where a 'variable' was expected UserControl ut = ((webcontrols.BrowseItems)UserControl).LoadControl("BrowseItems"); ((webcontrols.BrowseItems)UserControl).pnl_browse_main.Controls.Add(ut); This is how we Load User controls into a content place holder. try { UserCont...

Controlling how many menu items appear in the menu control
Hi I have a menu control which is bound to the web.sitemap. I want to be able to control how many static menu items can be displayed in the menu. I have the home button showing with other buttons too i.e. staticdisplaylevels=2. But how do I say for example to only show the first 6 main sitemap nodes to go in the menu so that there are only 6 menu items to chose from even though there are more defined in the sitemap. Thanks in advance. You can use the MenuItemDataBound event and hide the menu's you don't want to show to the user Alternatively you can add a custom attribute (visible="false"...

More Birth Control Controls
they just can't stop http://www.aclu.org/blog/reproductive-freedom/use-birth-control-youre-fired <quote> First, a bill that gives immunity to doctors who lie to couples about the results of their prenatal tests in order to prevent them from getting an abortion. Now, a bill that would give your boss the green light to fire you for using birth control. You think I am kidding? I wish. For a decade now, Arizona insurance companies have been required to provide coverage for contraception just like other prescriptions. But, because they saw an opening to score some polit...

Energy-Control out of control !
Hello there! Since a while,the energy-saver shuts down the screen after 10 minutes,some time ago,it happens after half an hour,but I didn�t set it up in that orders !It makes me nervous,short time away from the comp,and soon the screen is dark! And the screensaver will not appear any more,too.I tried to enlarge the times in the energy-manager,created a new profile,switched off the laptopmode-service, nothing helps!And it seems,if there is no possibility to set one of the profiles up, they can only be changed,deleted or newly created. Is there really no place to force it to the ...

How to visible an control below the control
hi friends i Need all your help In a form i placed an button. On the click event of button i returned an function to show an calendar And i placed dropdown control below the button. When i click the button the was calendar shown on that time dropdown was invisible What i want is to show the calendar as well as the dropdown control in the form.  waiting for you reply thanks santhosh Inside the click event: dropdownlist1.visible="true"David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Contro...

Control InkPicture
Hi! Which Control is used by the InkPicture in PB. Is it the RichInk Control of Microsoft? ...

Visibility control of Panel control and its affect on data controls
Thought I would toss this out here this morning and perhaps someone else had run across the same issue and had found a good way to accomplish what I want. First let me state what I'm attempting to do and the problem that I've run into.  GridView1 has a collection of rows in a SQL table that I want to present to the user. I've provided them the options of sorting and selecting only from the GridView control.  Orgionally, I had created a detail view that was being presented in Edit mode and then customized the layout of the edit item template to suit my needs.&nbs...

Web resources about - How do you control the menu control? - asp.net.navigation-controls

Review: Sugr Cube, the cute wooden portable AirPlay speaker with gesture controls
... rarer, pretty ones even rarer and the Sugr Cube goes one step further in its bid to stand out from the crowd: it offers gesture-based control. ...

Dell Issues Patch For Content Adaptive Brightness Control On The XPS 13
... issues, as all devices do. One that was very frustrating to deal with during the review was the aggressive Content Adaptive Brightness Control ...

This is how Amazon is taking control of delivery – and taking it away from UPS
As Amazon searches for ways to speed up delivery, the company this year made big strides toward cutting out the middle man and establishing a ...

Virginia AG Ends Concealed Reciprocity with 25 States for Lack of Gun Control
Virginia AG Ends Concealed Carry Reciprocity With 25 States For Lack Of Gun Control

Taliban forces take control of key district in Afghanistan's Helmand province
CNN Taliban forces take control of key district in Afghanistan's Helmand province CNN Kabul, Afghanistan (CNN) Taliban forces have taken almost ...

Taliban take control of Afghanistan's Helmand province - CNN.com
Taliban forces have taken almost full control of a key district in Afghanistan's southern Helmand province after several days of fierce fighting. ...

NBA Stars Come Out In Support Of Gun Control
NBA Stars Come Out In Support Of Gun Control

How Sepp Blatter Lost Control Of His Monster
If Sepp Blatter could take a step back and look at the bigger picture, forgetting for a moment that today’s eight-year ban from all soccer activities ...

This is what Street Fighter IV looks like with motion controls
Like most people it seems, I think that the Steam Controller has potential, but it just hasn't been realized yet. It's a great time to test ...