Height property of Div not working in Master page

 I have a regular html page with the following

<head>
    <title></title>
</head>

This works like a charm. the height percentages all adjust and I have a web page with three sections with correct heights.

Now if I create a master page and put the dives inside of the master page, the height percentage does not work. It will work in Firefox but not IE7. It's really strange and annoying as to why this will work outside of a masterpage but not on a masterpage.

Does anyone have any clue as to why this happens?

Thanks.

Rich -- select * from pubs
0
Rcap238

 Figure out my issue, I set the style="height:100%" on the form tag and it worked.

Rich -- select * from pubs
0
Rcap238

   We cannot fix the heights with the persentages. So fix it with pxs.

Thanks,
R.charan kumar

charan2021
5/5/2009 4:20:47 AM

charan2021:

 Hi,

   We cannot fix the heights with the persentages. So fix it with pxs.

Hi,

Never fixed your height property in pxs unless required to do.

Because different browsers behave differently with respect to height property.

Assume you have fixed your height considering IE, but you will never know how it gets render in firefox (In FF it will be static wrt your specification).

So try to avoid using height property ad if required go for percentage as used above.

Please Mark this "as answer" if it helps you.
0
wasimt

How can I access the property a control on a master page from the master page's code behind.
On my master page I have a label. I want to change this label's text property based on an element of the querystring. (label.text = "NewValue")All child pages using this master will display the same thing so I was trying to put the code in the master page so as not to have to duplicate it for the child pages or put it in a base class and use FindControl.Is it possible to access from a master page's codebehind the property of a server control that is placed on a master page's aspx? If so how?(I saw similar questions, but they all came from the view of a child accessing the property.)Thank you...

Master Page
I am using a master page for a website (Vs 2008) . I am facing two problems - 1. In the Login page, I am hiding the logout hyperlink. After the user logs in successfully , I'm setting the visibility of the logout hyperlink to true. But then, when I navigate to another page, the logout button disappears -  forcing me to redo setting the visibility in every page. 2. I have a similar problem with an Image in the page too. When I change the image in the content page after login, it reverts back to the existing image in the master page ( this I guess is because the master page loads...

Master Control
I find Master Page idea brilliante. But wouldn't it be nice to have an ability to assign master layout for user controls? Does anyone know of something like that? Look into Themes and Skins. Skins are user to set a template for a contol.Themes and SkinsThemes and Skins 2 www.hopeasp.net Hmm Sean, themes and skins will only help with STYLING the components not layout. What I need is something to set the LAYOUT of the user control and use that master layout to place components in. Like in master page but in user controls.Simple example: Master Control fileUsercontrol layout st...

How can I access a control on a master page from a user control using properties?
Hi, I have a master page which I'm using on my aspx page.  Within this aspx page is a user control and I would like to set a label on my master page using a value from my user control. I can do this using FindControl as shown below but I would like to use properties in my master page. The following code in my user control works perfectly: Label theFormName = (Label)this.Page.Master.FindControl("lblFormName");theFormName.Text = "My Test Form"; However I've been told that using properties is a much better ideas (errors would be picked up at compile time an...

Div control height does not work in IE 6 but works in IE 7?
I am using a Div control to expand and contract the height to show more fields in a FormView. It works in IE 7 but in IE 6 does not work? Any ideas? When the ASP.NET 2.0 WebForm opens up in IE 6 the hight is disregarded but in IE 7 it shows correctly. Then I have a button in the FormView that changes the height with same results, works in IE 7 but not IE 6.  <div id="divInsert" style="width: 100px; height: 270px">  ... FormView inside there</div> Protected Sub btnPanelInsert_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)  If ...

Set the property of a server control inside a user control inside a Master Page
How do you set the property(ForeColor) of a server control(lnkInquiryReport2) located in a user control (LeftNavMain1) within a Master Page (default.master)? On the user control, expose a property of type color and bind this to the forecolor for the hyperlink control [keep some default value]. On your master page expose the user control as a property. On your content page, access the uc via the master's prop and the forecolor prop via the uc's prop and set it. Instead of exposing the uc from the master, you can also find the uc on the master - cast it to the correct type and then access th...

Referencing a user control property in a master page to set the current pages title
How can I Reference a user control's property in a master page to set the current pages title?Jeff Wasilauski, MCAD .NET, MCPC# WEB DEVELOPMENT-SQL SERVER DBA"If I have answered your question please mark as answer" You can drag and drop a user control named userControl1 to master page and refer to its property through userControl1.Title to set master page title in Page_Load event handler. Thanks for your reply Jason but perhaps I wasn't completely clear about the functionality I need. I need to set the content page's title in the user control which is...

Menu control inside user control located inside Master Page does not work
When I click on any munu items, looks like nothing is getting selected and even MenuItemClick event is not firing up. Any idea?I have defined a menu control with SiteMapDatasource control inside a user control which is located on Master page. Any item selection does not anything...Thanks,Noreen Noreen,The default binding for a Menu control connected to a SiteMapDataSource is to navigate.  It's possible that you're navigating back to your same page?  To get around this you should create a custom databinding and bind the TextField to Title.  Let me know if this doesn...

HELP..... Master Page Error (The page has controls that require a Master Page, but none is specified.)
Hi, I had almost finished creting my master page to use as a template for all future internal applications.  I had created a template to use in creatign new applications and had sucessfully created a new project based upon the MasterPage template... All was working well when I noticed a small graphic inconsistancy on the MasterPage... I reopened the MasterPage and I got teh above error message... I have looked at the HTML and everything seems to be okay and there including the header lines... <%@ Master Language="VB" CodeFile="MasterPage.master.vb" Inherits=&qu...

setting a controls properties within a master page from aspx page without code behind
I have a custom header control that has a public property TabID declared in the codebehind of the control itself. In asp1.1, I dragged the header control to a page and set the tabid like: <uc1:myheader runat="server" TabID="1" /> inside the aspx page it was placed. Now I would like to put the header control inside a master page, but I'm not sure how to set this property without setting it in codebehind for every page i create.  Is this possible? What is the best way to get this value to the header control as it is different for every page?...

Using controls from pages, master pages, and user controls
How would I structure my site in this scenario: I'd like to use a dropdownlist all over my site, sometimes in a regular page, sometimes in a master page, and sometimes in a user control.  I wish to bind its events programmatically, so normally I would just put that in the codebehind.  However, I notice a lot of code duplication because I have to declare the control in everywhere, in my base page (which all my pages inherit from), in my base master page (which all my master pages inherit from) and in my base user control (which all my user controls inherit from).How should I be...

Web resources about - Height property of Div not working in Master page - asp.net.navigation-controls

Property - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In abstraction, property is that which belongs to or with something, whether as an attribute or as a component of said thing. For the significant ...

Property - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling . You can assist by editing it . In abstract, property ...

Thousands of dollars of property stolen from Port Augusta home during Christmas break-in - AdelaideNow ...
DEFENCE medals and unique jewellery are among thousands of dollars of property stolen during a break-in at a Port Augusta home over Christmas. ...

Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg faces trial over Silicon Valley property deal
... broke a promise to introduce him to Silicon Valley's elite. Facebook boss Mark Zuckerberg is headed toward a trial after all as the property ...

Canberra's rental yields on the rise, despite sluggish property market
Canberra has experienced the lowest annual shift in rental prices in Australia over the past decade.

Mount Isa Police crackdown nets 20 people over property theft - The Courier-Mail Search Search
ABOUT 20 people have been charged, including 17 juveniles, after a series of break and enters and thefts in Mount Isa.

Warning of 'unfair' process unheeded as government forges ahead with property resumptions
Private property is being forcibly resumed by the NSW government for major infrastructure projects such as WestConnex using a system it was warned ...

Property damage, power out in Waroona fire
At least one old property has been destroyed by intense fires that hit Waroona and Preston Beach. Vision courtesy of 9 News Perth.

Home Owner Grant threshold raised after spike in B.C. property assessments
The B.C. government has raised the threshold for the Home Owner Grant to $1.2 million after a spike in the assessed value of thousands of Metro ...

Property investors switch loans worth $32.5 billion to owner occupiers
Property investors switched $32.5 billion of their loans to owner occupier loans between July and November.