Globalization using Database without using Resource file

1. Can anyone tell me how to Use database for globalization..?
2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of these two techniques..?
0
miscwicky

 Check out this link http://www.west-wind.com/presentations/wwDbResourceProvider/

The best I have seen so far. I think this is what need to look at.

Cheers

Muhammad M. Mosa Soliman
Software Engineer
0
mosessaur

HI allI have a urgent requirement i want to convert .tiff image to .pdf file Thanks in advance Regards RaviPlease click "mark as answer" if this post helped you. I dont think its possible without doing a lot of code or using third party tools, but if you  are looking for a free tool you can try a combination of http://blog.codebeach.com/2008/02/convert-multipage-tiff-to-pdf-in-net.htmland  http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/Creating_PDF_documents_in.aspx Thanks and RegardsS.K.Vignesh----------------------Do remember to "Mark as answer" for this pos...

Generating resource files without using resource file generator
Hi,I need to localize a ASP.net 2.0 web site but I can't  create resource files since I can't switch to design view of the web pages. The reason I can't switch to web pages is they contain lot's of html validation errors. I know I only have to correct the problems marked with "Cannot switch views" but again correcting these will take too much time, is there any way or tool to create resource files for these web pages without using VS 2005 resource file generator?Any help will save me a lot of time.  Hi,Try turning off the HTML validations momentarily in VS and turn them back on o...

Unable to add the Standby Database using rs_init (using Resource File)
Hi Folks, After adding the active database to Warmstandby Rep environment using resource file , i am unable to do the same to Standby database using resource file. Its failing at creation of connection. Here is log file of this : -------------------------------------- Begun at 2006-05-17.12-17-44 The log file for this session is '/sybrep/REP-12_6/init/logs/log0517.004'. Running task: check the SQL Server. Task succeeded: check the SQL Server. Running task: verify users and their passwords. Verified that 'rep_sa' can log into Replication Server 'TEST_RS...

Using Data Controls Without Using ObjectDataSource Control
Hi, I've been looking on the Internet for a tutorial that would show me how to use the data conrols (FormView, GridView etc) without using an ObjectDataSource (or any other data source control).  The reason is that I want to use a formview and gridview from within another formview control to create a single form  that would allow me to insert, update and delete an order and its order details at the same time. I thought that this could be achieved by having a DataSet containing two DataTable objects in the code-behind with the Order DataTable containing one row to repres...

What control do I use (or do I not use a control at all...)
Okay so here's the story so far. I am making a blog to be incorporated into a website. Well, I'm doing the blog from scratch. I'm using MySQL to source all the data via MySQL .NET/Connector. Now while developing the script, I used DataReader and Response.Write to show the blog topics. Now that it has come to put it under a design (I'm using a Master Page for that), I've hit the problem. Response.Write shows all the topics before any of the design elements could be incorporated. So that (more or less) is out of question. So next I looked into the data presentation controls. I looked up GridVi...

is it possible to use loginstatus control without using login control?
 Hi friendspls let me clear in this.is it possible to use loginstatus control without using login control?thanks in advance          Yes, if you write your own login control that plugs in using asp.net authentication via the provider model then the login status will still work fine.You can set up custom providers in web.config.  thanks to reply. can u give me a sample code?  Yeah for custom providers in web.config its pretty simple, but the rolling your own is a complex task. Do you already have a database or some reason for...

Uploading Files without using File control
Hi Everyone, I'm in need of a feature where i need to upload a file without using File control. Anyone have pointers to go about it ? I've already gone through this tutorial: http://www.15seconds.com/issue/010522.htmbut when i try to run the code it gives me the error on window 2000 PC:"Safety settings on this computer prohibit accessing a data source on another domain."even though security setting set to "Low". And on XP machine i get the error:"Can't create automation server" (or something like that not entirely sure)My actual requirement is to upload a file using AJAX.Help will be gr...

How to upload file without using file control...???
Hi, I have List of file path of Client. say "C:/WordDoc/Document1.doc". Now i want to upload this file to server.I dont want to use File Upload or Input File HTLM Control. Only i have is Path in some lable or text box. Now, How to upload this file from client to server? I dont have idea on it. Java has Third party API for uploading but i dont have idea on it. Can one help me on it. Whether some ActiveX or API avialble to do so. Thank You In Advance...!!!   ---Bhavin I can't see any worthwhile reason to not use the FileUpload control, but..... http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/....

How to upload file without using html file control
hi i want to know how to upload files without using <input type=file ... > control.means without browsing and selecting the file. i know due to security issues its not allowed that we assign value to file control. but there must be some way of doing it. i heard this can be done using  "HTTP POST" ?  or by opening a socket conenction with the web server? please help  Irfan Zafar Using HTTP POST requires that you use a form and, therefore, use a HtmlInputFile Control. Obviously this isn't what you want to do. The only solution is to write an ActiveX Contr...

File Upload: Without using File Input control
Can anybody just tell me how to store a single file from client machine on to server without using a HTML File Input Control. Regards, Kiran You can use the FileUpload control, but that just renders an HTML file input control in the end.  If you don't want to use any HTML stuff, you could use an ActiveX control.  There are plenty available by searching.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! I tried to find from your serach string but I could not find the exact code in Asp.Net. Can you Please send me&nbs...

How to upload file without using file control in 1.1?
I saw several examples of file control.  Works great!  But I am looking to incorporate this in a webservice that will receive the path parameter and upload the file. Is this possible using 1.1 code? Hi, not directly. You still need to upload the file to your webform but instead of saving it you pass it to the generated proxy of the webservice as a byte array (byte[]) parameter. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers. Anyways, How can i read a files Byte[] - the file that exists on the client without uploading to the server? Hi, nimish:How can i ...

How can Upload file without using input (file) control
I want to save image in the database from client PC. I use ASP.NET 1.1, Using C#, sql server 2000.  I took a hidden field (picHidden) and store filePath in it. Input (file) control is not allowed b/c I took the image using Web Cam in an Image Web Control. I did by it using the following code   FileStream fs = new FileStream(picHidden.Value,FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read); byte[] ImageData = new byte[fs.Length]; fs.Read(ImageData,0,Convert.ToInt16 (fs.Length)); emp.UpdateEmployeepic(this.sEmpId, ImageData);   The problem is, my code work fine when I run...

How to use net use?
Please can any one tell me how to use the dos command net use properly? I have read the help but can't seem to get it to work. Keep getting sytax error message. Thanks in advance. "Beowulf" <who-knows@no-one.com> wrote in message news:9krutk$puu$1@news.grc.com... > Please can any one tell me how to use the dos command net use properly? > > I have read the help but can't seem to get it to work. Keep getting sytax > error message. what are you trying to do? There are about 50 options to "net use" that do a ton of different thin...

Help needed on XML database . How to use insert , update etc operations on XML file used as database
Hi !!! I am using an xml file as my database . But I can't  do insert , update and delete ops !!! Some one please help me ...... Pleaseeee help !!!! Its urgent .....     Maybe you need XPath, take a look at:http://www.w3schools.com/xpath/default.asp  Welcome to my SQL/ASPNET forum for Chinese http://51up.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=38...

Web resources about - Globalization using Database without using Resource file - asp.net.navigation-controls

Globalization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Economists were central in this early stage. In 2000, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) identified four basic aspects of globalization: trade ...

KOF Index of Globalization
The website contains an official presentation of the KOF Index of Globalization. A query formular facilitates an easy entrance to select and ...

Cognizant’s slideshows on SlideShare
Read and download presentations about industrial-globalization

Henry Lamb - N.W.O. Agenda 21 & Globalization - YouTube
Henry Lamb a short lecture from the executive vice president of the Environmental Conservation Organization

Klein teams up with Cuaron for anti-globalization short
A new short film collaboration from bestselling Canadian author Naomi Klein and celebrated Mexican director Alfonso Cuaron is set to make its ...

Labour And Globalization: As Conflicts Go International, Unions Follow Suit
On any battleground, common wisdom has long held that defeating an adversary often owes a great deal to one’s ability to think like the enemy. ...

Protest against trade pact a silly idea in globalization era
Protest against trade pact a silly idea in globalization era People's Daily Online In a society where democracy has not matured, people will ...

Globalization - Al Jazeera America
Dismiss Caution icon Attention The browser or device you are using is out of date. It has known security flaws and a limited feature set. You ...

“A Globalization Of Indifference”
... that are beautiful but are nothing, are illusions of futility, of the transient, that brings indifference to others, that brings even the globalization ...

Globalization
Whenever someone asks me what the biggest trend I am focused on, I always say Globalization. I mean this in the largest sense of the word. Globalization, ...