error: Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page.

 I have a website that uses a masterpage. most of my users have no problem; but few get the error bellow. I was never able to duplicate the error.

ex.message: Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page.

Stack trace:    at System.Web.UI.MasterPage.CreateMaster(TemplateControl owner, HttpContext context, VirtualPath masterPageFile, IDictionary contentTemplateCollection)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.get_Master()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ApplyMasterPage()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

ErrorMessage: The error description is as follows : System.Web.HttpException: Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page.
   at System.Web.UI.MasterPage.CreateMaster(TemplateControl owner, HttpContext context, VirtualPath masterPageFile, IDictionary contentTemplateCollection)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.get_Master()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ApplyMasterPage()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

0
Mus

Try checking the IIS logs and see what page was requested that generated this error.  Normally you'd only see this if the master page directive is missing, so if you are dynamically creating pages in any way this may be getting missed.

Jeff

jeff
7/10/2006 5:17:01 PM

This is the source code of the page that throws the error. The master page directive is not assigned dynamically.

<%

@ Page Language="VB" ie:MasterPageFile ="MainMasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="frmMyAlacourt.aspx.vb" Inherits="frmMyAlacourt" Mozilla:MasterPageFile ="~/MozMasterPage.master" %>

<%

@ Register Src="UserControls/ucControl1.ascx" TagName="ucControl1"

TagPrefix="uc1" %>

<%

@ Register Src="UserControls/ucControl2.ascx" TagName="ucControl2" TagPrefix="uc2" %>

<%

@ Register Src="UserControls/ucControl3" TagName="ucControl3"

TagPrefix="uc3" %>

<%

@ Register TagPrefix="iglbar" Namespace="Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebListbar" Assembly="Infragistics2.WebUI.UltraWebListbar.v6.1, Version=6.1.20061.1030, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb" %>

<

asp:Content ID="Content1" runat="server" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1">

</

asp:Content>

0
Mus

Error:Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page?!!
 Hello All I have a web application, it is working well in localost without any error but when I upload it to the host it show me the error below:Any suggestion? I have not seen this error beforePlease any helpRegards, Server Error in '/' Application. Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page. Description: Anunhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current webrequest. Please review the stack trace for more information about theerror and where it originated in the code. Ex...

Problem to use TreeView Control in a 'content page' This Error Occur "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls."
hi I am trying to use the TreeView Control inside the content page (Page that has a master page is a content page). On compiling the project I got the following ASP.Net runtime error: "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls."B@b@R J Issue resolved. I was putting script tag in the content page that is not allowed. when remove the script from content page problem is resolved.B@b@R J...

Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page.
HiI'm getting the above error with my application.Basically I had a master file and then some page files referencing the master file.In the page files I had some ajax controls so had :<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server"><atlas:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></atlas:ScriptManager>in them.but when I try adding an ajax control to the master file and putting the above code in, it shows the error messagewhy would this be?thanks!  Make sure you have prop...

Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls.
Hi Friends, I created one Master Page.In this I created one Default.aspx .Here I added Content Place Holder,here I am doign the program which is realted to Regisration  Form. I wrote the javascript in source code of content place holder.But its not supporting the java script and its showing the errors in the script(it is in bold in the following source code)I wrote the code like following<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" Title=&qu...

Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls.
 Hi all,I am using gridview to display data add i am using checkbox so that when a person  chech  the box it display information regarding that.At local server its run fine but when i upload this on website it gives following exception.Offending URL: http://www.vcsmindia.com/studentRegistrationDetails.aspxSource: System.WebMessage: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.Stack trace: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPo...

Show content in both Master Page ContentPlaceholder AND Content Page Content control
I note that by default or rendering rules, when you add content/controls to the Content Page ASP:Content control matched to a Master Page ContentPlaceholder, any content/controls in the matching Master Page ContentPlaceholder is not displayed. Is there a setting that can be made to merge or show both content/controls in the Master Page ContentPlaceholder and content/controls in the matching Content Page Content control? Thanks         Don't think so. If you specify a content control in your page then whatever is in there displays and anything in the...

Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls.
Hello I got this error message whenever I place this script below on my inline code: this.RegisterClientScriptBlock("keyClientBlock", "<script>alert ('Javascript block of code executed')</script>");             Please advice.Thanks  Try this: this.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(this.GetType(), "key", "script");HTH   My Blog Thanks for the reply but doesn't work for me :(I tried placing the script on string variable before...

Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls. #2
Hi, Trying to add:  Response.Write("<script language='javascript'>window.open('PO_export.asp?C=" + sql + "'); </script>") Getting error (in subject).  Anyone help? Thanks, Mark Why don't you try to add the javascript in the head section of the page.Bind GridView to Dynamically created DataTable | Bind DataTable to DropDownListMy Blog Hi Mark, Based on your description, the issue is error message appears when you add JavaScript code to the content page. After reviewing your code, I find nothing wrong with it. I...

convertion from page to content page or from user control to content page
Hi, I have converted an asp.net 1.1 application to 2.0.  Now what I am looking for some enhancement.  I added a master page and now I want to add other pages as content pages. but those pages which I am converting into content have some user control. Now either I can convert those user control to content pages ( which i want to look for if it is possible),  Or I am thinking i shouldn't convert those user control to content pages cause they might be just good. So looking for some of those people opinion who have worked through this so can I get opinion here please.thanks&nb...

Error finding the user control in master page from content page
HI, I have a master page in which i have created a header which is a user control into which contains a label.  I a accessing this label from content page.  The code for the following is mentioned below.  Sometimes it works perfectly fine however sometimes it throws object reference error.  So my application is not stable.   Any suggestions what could be the possible issue???????     Utils UT = new Utils();    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)    {      Sys...

Need to access a Label Control on the Master Page from a user control attached to a content page
Hello all, I have a master page (say  site.master)  with a status Label in it. I have a content page ( say content.aspx)  that has a user control (say usercontrol.ascx). One of the Button Click Events in the usercontrol.ascx needs to pass on some text onto the status label on the masterpage(LabelStatusMsg) and display it. I have been able to do this directly off a content page (content.aspx) by using the following code (VB)  on the master page <%@ MasterType virtualpath="~/site.master" %> and Dim mpLabel As Label = CType(Master.FindControl("LabelStatusMsg"),...

Web resources about - error: Content controls are allowed only in content page that references a master page. - asp.net.navigation-controls

Wikipedia talk:Reference desk/Guidelines/Medical advice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I disagree with this implication that this section of the guideline represents the consensus. If you look at the last few years of discussion ...

Microsoft dismisses iPad Pro as “a companion device” and references old Steve Jobs stylus quote
... to be a companion device.” Laycock also said that “at one point in time, Apple declared that if there’s a stylus, that’s failure” – a reference ...

New York Times Removes Reference to President Obama and Cable News
... — Noah Rothman (@NoahCRothman) December 18, 2015 The Times story was published Thursday, but by Friday morning, the reference to cable news ...

Can you spot these classic film references hidden in Pixar movies?
The animators at Pixar definitely love to throw in allusions to some of their favorite movies in their own films. Vimeo user Jorge Luengo Ruiz ...

10 hidden references to classic films in your favorite Pixar movies
... Madrid, told BuzzFeed that he noticed a ton of allusions in "Toy Story 3" and was inspired to make a video highlighting the cinematic references ...

See The Classic Movie References Found In Pixar's Greatest Films
... all well aware of just how clever Pixar movies are. These emotionally engaging stories are full of intricate themes and crammed with references ...

Zootopia Trailer Adds a Godfather Reference to Disney Film - Collider
Watch a new trailer for the Disney animated movie Zootopia, which takes place in a world inhabited by talking animals and features Jason Bateman ...

Hillary Clinton Ends Democratic Debate With A Star Wars Reference
The other day, President Obama ended his White House press conference with a reference to The [...]

Review: Klipsch X20i Reference In-Ear Headphones
These Klipsch X20i Reference In-Ear Headphones are pretty darn fantastic, and worth every penny.`

The Force Is Strong With This Sportscaster Who Drops ‘Star Wars’ References Like A Jedi
The Force Is Strong With This Sportscaster Who Drops ‘Star Wars’ References Like A Jedi