Cross Browser Compatibility of VS 2005 or VS 2008

Hi guys,

Are there still existing compatibility issues with other browser other than IE for Visual Studio 2005/2008?

If there are, do we have an alternative or work around?

br,
No Body

0
nobodybutca

nobodybutca:

Hi guys,

Are there still existing compatibility issues with other browser other than IE for Visual Studio 2005/2008?

If there are, do we have an alternative or work around?

br,
No Body

Yes we do have browser problems for the site made using VS 2005/08.

E.g: Menu control wont render properly in Safari or Crome and even in IE 8.

But good thing is that these can be avoided either by using browser caps or changing Z-index of the control.

Remember, there is always a solution for every problem.

Please Mark this "as answer" if it helps you.
0
wasimt
5/4/2009 10:28:33 AM

 Aside from rendering, is there any other else?
Like session variable problem, Javascript and others?

Is there a site to visit, where all the issues are compiled and also have solution?

0
nobodybutca
5/5/2009 1:58:41 AM

 I dont think so these problems will arise for the site developed using VS 2005/08. because recently i have developed a site using VS 08 in which I have used all these features.

As per my knowledge, there is no site where all the problems are listed with solution.If you come accross, please submit at this post so that it can help all of us.

Please Mark this "as answer" if it helps you.
0
wasimt
5/5/2009 3:44:43 AM

 How about on IE8, do you guys have encounter some problems, that is not occouring with lower version ong IE such as (7, 6, and 5.5)?

0
nobodybutca
5/5/2009 5:27:08 AM

 In IE 8 I came across Asp:menu rendering and nothing else..

This issue too is resolved.You can get solution in forums itself

Please Mark this "as answer" if it helps you.
0
wasimt
5/5/2009 5:32:40 AM

Apart from some controls like already said all depends on how you write your HTML and CSS i.e follow the XHTML standards property

Once the whole page is ready get the HTML and CSS validated from

http://validator.w3.org/

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

if you pass this tests your page will look similar in all browsers

MVP ASP/ASP.Net
MVP ASP/ASP.Net
mudassarkhan

VS.NET 2005 V/s VWD 2008 & VS.NET 2008
Hi, I just download Visual Web Developer 2008 and little use it. Can anyone inform me what is the major difference b/w VS.NET 2005 V/s VWD 2008, I am asking only on the ASP.NET point of view. Can some one also guide me If I use Visual Studio 2008 so what major extra benefit I can take as compare to using VWD 2008. Please give me some practical example. Thanks in advance. Difference VS 2005 Target Framework 2.0 AJAX - To be installed separately by installing AJAX Extensions JavaScript Intellisense -limited JavaScript debugging - limited VWD 2008 Target Framework 2.0-3.5 ...

VS.NET 2008 next to VS.NET 2005
I have VS.NET 2005 on my PC and want to test VS.NET 2008 Beta 2. Can I install it next to VS.NET 2005?Johan TheunissenMCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006==============================Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer".  Yes you can have both VS 2008 and VS 2005 on your same machine.  Please note installing the dot net framework 3.5 will install service pack 1 for .net framework 2.0 and 3.0.   http://www.danielmoth.com/Blog/2007/07/vs2008-installation-experience.htmlSilverlight-helpVb TipsSpace Coast .Net User Group Does the installation give ...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

VS 2005 vs VS 2008
Hi all ,                  Iam using VS2005 till now and i want to grade up my self with the VS2008 then what are the Added Advantage for me as a DEVELOPER and as a Teamlead as a Project ManagerNothing is impossible as the IMPOSSIBLE word itself says I M Possible...just you have to try..u get all what you desirePradeep BishtBLOG ::--> http://dotnetarmy.blogspot.com/URL ::--> http://www.asp.net   check this URL, http://weblogs.asp.net/cschittko/archive/2007/10/08/visual-studio-2005-or-...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003 #2

VS 2008 / VS 2005 Compatibility
I have been unable to "Upgrade" to Vista due to the fact that VS 2005 has quite a few compatibility issues with Vista. Has this problem been solved in 2008?2+2=5 (for extremely large values of 2) Visual studio 2008 runs on vista Jeev~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer. Did you install VS 2005 SP1 and SP1 Vista Update? What does not work for you in 2005 on Vista?Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers n...

VS 2005 Vs VS 2008 #2
Hi, Can anyone let me know the updates in VS 2008 over VS 2005.    Hi, for example: http://weblogs.asp.net/cschittko/archive/2007/10/08/visual-studio-2005-or-2008-what-s-more-risk.aspxThanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU...

New features in VS 2008 vs VS 2005
Hello friends !! I'm completly new in Visual Studio 2008, Let me know  what are the advantages to use VS 2008 compare with VS 2005. Plz provides some practical apprachs. Thanks @@ Happy Coding..HI@@ That's always a difficult question, as it's mixed between what Visual Studio offers and what .NET 3.x frameworks offer. You don't HAVE to have VS2008 to use the new framework, but it has been designed to make it all easier. Are you interested in the actual Visual Studio differences or the framework differences?     http://blogs.msdn.com/...

VS.NET 2003 to VS.Net 2005
Hi   I just converetd my VS.Net 2003 project to VS.NET 2005 using the convert wizard in Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project. It compiled with no build errors and a few warnings. When Iam trying to view the project, then it gives me 404 error. Can someone help ? Thanks Could you confirm you are using WAP (Web Application Projects) versus the built-in WSP (Web Site model)? If you have a project file after converting, then you are using WAP. Could you post the actual 404 error you got? Also, did you set your start page in the converted project?  -Mike-...

navigation controls Vs Graphics design (VS 2005 + Dreamweaver)
hi , i'm new to using asp and i've been coming up against a serious problem while designing my web application. i'm using VS 2005 and i have an artistic graphics/web designer friend who uses Dreamweaver , we're trying to find a fluid way to integrate and handle our work together. we've been constantly stuck at the controls part of the design process , meaning if he wants to change modify and edit the look and feel of something like a tree view control or a menu control and so on.i wanted to know if there is a way , best practice or procedure to be able to work o...

Migration VS.Net 2003 to VS.Net 2005
I want to migrate to framework 2.0.Questions :1) Can i use Vs.Net 2005 and framework 2.0 with Sql Server 2000 ? or must i migrate too 2005 2) I read in some forums there is some problem to migrate vs.net 2003 solutions/project to 2005, It's right ?3) Is it necessery to modify a lot of c# code (deprecate, ...) ?4) Can i work both Vs.Net2003 framework 1.1 ans Vs.net 2005 framework 2.0 on the same development machine ?Thanks. Patrick Ducret Hi, 1) Yes you can. You can use SQL2000 from .NET 2.0 as you did from .NET 1.x. SQL2005 just has some additional features to offer. 2) It can be if...

Migrating from VS.NET 2003 to VS.NET 2008
 We are getting ready to start migrating all our applications from Visual Studio 2003 to Visual Studio 2008. Is anyone aware of any direct conversion issues? Also. a lot of our 1.1 apps use datatables as the datasource can we still do this in 2008? Yes you can.I have done some migration between 1.1 and 2.0 and there were some small issues but in general most of the things worked fine.For example Microsoft has changed the html validator in Visual Studio.also some events works a little different. If you share session cookie between some 1.1 and 2.0 (or) later apps you have to do so...

VS.NET 2005 to VS.NET 2003 converter
All -- Please help. I need a VS.NET 2005 to VS.NET 2003 converter. OOPs. (It is a long story.) Anyway... Does such a thing exist? Do you have any hints? (The VS.NET 2005 code is simple and does use much of the new stuff.) Please advise. Thank you. --Mark Kamoski  http://www.NetBrainer.com...

VS.NET 2003 and VS.NET 2005 on same machine
I've seen some postings indicating that you can have VS.NET 2003 and VS.NET 2005 side by side on the same machine.  I've also seen some comments that if doing this there is something that gets messed up, but I can't locate what it is and what the solution might be. Can someone shed some light on this for me regarding what might get messed up and where I can find the fixes to it? Thanks, Ira  Ira Richard Smith I have this set up. no prob at all.-DarrenNeese.com-DNN ROCKS!-DeveloperSchool.com Same here along with VS.Net 2002 & VS 6.0 I'm running 2003 and 2005 on wi...

Web resources about - Cross Browser Compatibility of VS 2005 or VS 2008 - asp.net.navigation-controls

Astrological compatibility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Love Test: Compatibility Calculator on the App Store on iTunes
Get A Love Test: Compatibility Calculator on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Android Design in Action: Sleep Monitors and Backward Compatibility - YouTube
Join Nick Butcher, Adam Koch and Roman Nurik as they discuss various elements of Android Design. This week, we'll take a look at the sleep monitor ...

Is compatibility in the stars or your gut?
Is compatability in the stars or your gut? Compatibility; we’re obsessed with it. Does this job suit me? Does this apartment meet my needs? Does ...

E3: Xbox One to gain backwards compatibility
Older Xbox games to work with new console, Microsoft has announced at E3 2015 in Las Vegas.

Apple unveils longer, thinner iPhone 5 with Australian 4G LTE compatibility
APPLE has unveiled a longer iPhone with a large 4-inch screen that will work on Australia's 4G LTE networks operated by Telstra and Optus.

Human frailty and masculinity: Mitch Clark shows their compatibility
Raw and unedited, this was a private hell made instantly public.

Sony brings backwards compatibility to PlayStation with Gaikai deal
First and third-party games to be streamed to hardware

Google-owned Sparrow gets updated for the first time in months with new icon and iOS 7 compatibility
... visible on the Sparrow website. Until today, the app had not been updated since December 2012, nearly a year ago. This update brings compatibility ...

‘CheckR’ App Tests USB Type-C For Nexus 5X, 6P Compatibility
USB stands for Universal Serial Bus and is an industry standard originally developed in the mid 1990s, designed to standardize the connectivity ...