Cannot place correctly divs on a page

I've created master page with ContentPlaceHolderID, web content form, theme folder and css file. When I write (supposing to have two divs will not cover one another):
[src asp]
.._left
{
	border: thick solid #00FFFF;
	height: 400px;
	width: 400px;
	position: absolute;
}

.._right
{
	left: 402px;
	border: thick solid #00FFFF;
	height: 400px;
	width: 400px;
	position: absolute;
}[/asp]

It looks like on that picture
0
CheerfulCalf

I think you need to specify the x position of the .left class:

._left { left: 0px;

Steve Wellens

My blog
0
SGWellens
5/4/2009 1:30:53 PM
No, it does not help. I solved it by adding BODY {margin-left: 0px;  margin-right: 0px;  margin-top: 0px;  margin-bottom: 0px;} to my css file. So for the right div I need to specify left position = width of left div + with of border, i mean, that if i write for right div {left = 151px} (when left div {width=150px}) it looks nice. Yet here is another problem - actually I need to write width in percent, so how to specify left position for right div, when width of left div is 20% ? It should be 20%+1px :)
0
CheerfulCalf

Control of the page and the controls on a page
I am building a web app that has some pages that are public and some that are only available based on subscription. Could someone explain the best way (infrastructure wise) how to control whether a server control is visible or enabledand how to control whether a page is viewable or not based on the user and whether or not the user is logged in (or not). If a user is not logged in I would like some controls to be visible but disabled. I also have to control the URL's in case a person learnsthe URL and tries to type it in. My question is more towards how to do this database wise. I am u...

i have 3 pages student information , i filled two pages ,then go to 3rd page . First Two pages iam having 100 controls.how to store that controls and how to send these controls into 3rd page in ?
i have 3 pages student information , i filled two pages ,then go to 3rd page . First Two pages iam having 100 controls.how to store that controls and how to send these controls into 3rd page in ?  There are a number of ways storing values. Check out: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/75x4ha6s.aspxhttp://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive207.html Thanks,Karan~ Remember To Mark The Post(s) That Helped You As The ANSWER ~ Hi, Welcome to asp.net forums. Now as far as your requirements goes, the first thing that strikes me is that 100 controls are way too many to kee...

'Index was out of range...Parameter:Index' when navigate the built-in page control in VS.NET 2005
I try to search for solution how to fix 'Index out ot range ....Parameter: index. I believe I got the problem like you had posted as following: ========================================================================================================== I think I have the answer.  Since your gv_RowCommand() is called by not only the command buttons you've specified (i.e.  Select, Edit, and even Test), but also by the built-in Paging feature.  So, when you have many pages (enough to exceed the number of rows allowed per page), then your gv_RowCommand() is called with e.CommandNa...

Calling a method from a control page on the axpx page where the control page exists.
Hello,  I have an .aspx page that has a method called grdMain_DataBind().  I have a control page that loads within the aspx page which has its own logic.  I have a button on my control page called "SAVE".  How can I call the method grdMain_DataBind thats in my aspx logic from the control that exists on that page when I click SAVE button.  Is there a way? If I were you, I'd simply create a "Save" Event within your control. When the Button in your control is pressed, in the Click handler for that Button you can raise the event. Then, within t...

buttons for navigation in master page dont appear correct in other pages
Hi All.In my master page, i put a table with two columns, the first column has 7 rows in it each containing a button, the second column has all rows merged and has the content place holder in it. In other pages, depending on how much content is in the content place holder, the first column which has the buttons is all stretched and doesn't look right. I wanted it the buttons to stick together towards the top. How can i achieve this?  Hi, We cannot repro your problem on our local, could you please post your code here?  let us repro your probleme which will be help further.Ama...

Creating .Net custom server controls and .Net pages programatically
Thanks a lot for reading this and greatly appreciate your inputs I am writing a webinterface that lets users configure options that'll create an interface for them and generete the webpage. So I am having to programattically create custom server controls and .Net page with code behind to support the functionality. Are there APIs in the .NET SDK that let you do this. Any pointers would be greatly helpful Thanks a lot Sathya Controls on the fly? Or Create code on the fly? I think it is the latter so here we go - look at the following namespaces: * System.Reflection.Emit - gen...

How to create a embeddable Login Control/Page that can be placed in any HTML page?
Hi,We have an ASP.NET based web portal that requires authentication to access the features. In order to allow our partner web site users to directly login to our web portal, we would like to implement a Login control or page (or some sort of service??) in ASP.NET that can be embedde in their web site. Users should be able to login to our web portal by entering user name and password from the partner's web site.Can you please suggest how this can be implemented in ASP.NET? Regards,Gopinath M Gopinath MDo you know your blog/web site page rank? Check Google Page Rank Now Too Easy you...

Re: How to control the columns displayed on a .net page depending on the page the user is coming from
  Hi all,    I have got two pages on wy website which contains a form to submit data into the same database. The two pages have also got a link to view the submitted data. The challenge I have got at the moment is, I want to be able to control columns the users see depending on the which of the two pages they are coming from. I know I can simply create two more separate pages but I don't want to do that. I feel I can be clever and achieve this with a conditional statement but to be honest, I don't know how to go about this. Could you please help me on thsi? Bas...

Placing controls on page
How can I programatically place controls on a page. Basically, I have datagrids which are dynamically generated and I need to place it in a specific cell of an asp table. So as soon as the grid is generated, I also need to add a row to the asp table. Its so complex. Please help !! :(Regards, Dj Dev You can add a control to the table's cell programaticaly <sp> any how.. MyTable.Rows(x).Cells(y).Controls.Add MyGrid... Or something like that. ...

History control: Navigating away from and "back" to a page using History control.
Hi,Another little issue with the History control.  This one has been racking my brain now for some time, but I think I've narrowed it down to what is actually causing the problem.  My setup: I have a page that is a Repeater (or Gridview, both have this bug) listing of data, that is Paged AND/OR Filtered by a keyword, and is in an UpdatePanel so that it is AJAX style paging and filtering.  I'm using the History control from the May Futures -- the main point of this (and what is mainly broken) is so that when users click on a item in the Repeater and go to the details vi...

Bind datagrid in user controls (placed in a place holder) by passing values from an aspx page.
I've a drop down list(lstProcess) , 2 txt boxes(txtAccount,txtCustomer), a search button(btnSearch) and a place holder(plhContent) in my Aspx page. I need to load 10 different user controls in the place holder based on the drop down list selection. All the user controls has a datagrid which displays data from different tables but performs the search based on the same search criteria. I need to bind the grid based on the values from the aspx page(txtAccount,txtCustomer). When the btnSearch in my aspx page is clicked, it has the pass the values to the appropriate control's da...

To access a control placed in a web user control which is loaded during page load in button click event
How can I access a control in a web user control in a button click event , the user control is loaded in page load.Thanks & Regards,Abhiram Reddy Mekha. Try checking this... http://microsoft.apress.com/asptodayarchive/73869/event-handling-between-custom-user-controls-that-are-loaded-at-run-time http://aspalliance.com/565_Dynamic_Loading_of_ASPNET_User_Controls http://www.beansoftware.com/ASP.NET-Tutorials/Controls-Run-Time.aspx http://stackoverflow.com/questions/92792/user-control-created-dynamically-not-able-to-handle-events-on-postback http://www.codersource.net/asp_net_user_c...

Web resources about - Cannot place correctly divs on a page - asp.net.navigation-controls

STUDY COUNTERPOINT: Facebook Political Ads Effective When Used Correctly
Not so fast! When used properly, political ads on Facebook are useful, says one public-affairs strategist in response to a study by a pair of ...

invest correctly (@investcorrectly) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here invest correctly @ investcorrectly ...

Speak and Write Correctly on the App Store on iTunes
Get Speak and Write Correctly on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Spell Dwyane Wade Correctly and Win $100 - YouTube
Dwyane Wade from the Miami Heat is the athlete that has the most commonly misspelled name. So we thought we'd turn that into a game. We went ...

How To Correctly Use Sex Toys - CityKat
Forget about the what - sex toys are all about the how.

Breathing Correctly
The most natural physiological function can also be one of the hardest to master.

Clark chat must be done correctly: AFL CEO
AFL boss Gillon McLachlan hopes the discussion around Mitch Clark's mooted comeback and potential departure from the Demons is 'done the right ...

Richard Branson offers unlimited vacation days (you read that correctly)
Note: The CBC does not necessarily endorse any of the views posted. By submitting your comments, you acknowledge that CBC has the right to reproduce, ...

The Westboro Baptist Church Just Can't Hate Ireland Correctly
The church has been hating for so long, it's like they've forgotten how to do it!

Park urges Japanese leaders to perceive history correctly
Park urges Japanese leaders to perceive history correctly People's Daily Online Global TimesChinadaily.com.cn Ecns.cn Show ChinaChina Human ...