Calling a javascript function in the content page from the master page.

I have an <asp:Menu on a master page and for one of the menuItems navigation url I can use 'javascript:myfunction()' to call a javascript function in the master page. No problem. Now, what I need to do is use that same master page <asp:menu menuItem to call a javascript function in the content page. Does anyone know how I can call a javascript function located in the content page from the master page using an <asp:Menu menuItem navigation url located on the master page?

Thanks,

Steve

0
sholdorf

HI On the content page load u need to find the master page control and assing javascript function by controlname.attributes.add("","").Like that instead of that u can declare a separate js file and u can call that from the master that will work. Thanks Venky

0
venziar

From a content page, calling function of control on master page
I've got a master page with a user control on it. The user control class has a public function. Is it possible to call this function from a content page? Also, in doing so, I need to pass a bool to said function. And if it is, how?An example would be very helpful. I'm still learning the 2.0 features. Thanks! Reference this article: Passing Information Between Content and Master Pageswww.hopeasp.net...

How to call a Javascript function from Content Page which has inherited by Master Page?

How could a master page control call a content page's function?
Dear all: For example: 1. In master page, place a button named "button1" . 2. Add three content page, ( add some code )3. Run application, in content page 1, click button1, show "this is page1",  in content page2, click button1, show "this is page2", and so on . Besides, these code should be in every content page instead of in master page, because actually action should be very complex, master can't predict everything. Is this possible?  Thanks!  Here's a great tutorial that may get you started: Creating a Common Toolbar in ASP.NET ...

Firefox Issue
In the Click of "btnPrint" in the Content Page the function which is in master page gets called and works fine in Internet Explorer. But the same function in Master Page does not get called when the Browser is Firefox. Please help...Thanx in advance. When I moved the print_report() function from Master Page to Content Page then it is working  fine in Firefox. But my requirement is that, I don't have to do any changes in the master page. Content Page <input type="button" id="btnPrint" value="PRINT" title="PRINT&qu...

Call a function in a master page from a content page
Hi, I have a fairly simple question that I can't seem to find an answer to.  I have a master page that a content page is using.  Inside the master page I have created a function like: // master page   private void testit() { Response.Write("<br>hello<br>"); }   I want to call the above from the content page like this. protected void page_load() {  master.testit(); }   I can't see the items in the master page no matter what I do.  Can this be done and how would I do this?   thank you Why does the function have to be in ...

Call content page function from master page?
Hi, I have a master page that has a save button.  When this button is pressed I want to call a Save function for the content page.  How can I access the functions on the content page?   Hi ThereThe only way I can suggest you do this is firstly create a custom page class, call it basepage for example.  In there create a definition for your save function.public partial class BasePage : System.Web.UI.Page{}Then make all of your content pages derive from your BasePage class, and create a save function which overrides the definition in the basepage.public partial ...

Call codebehind method from aspx page OR call javascript function of usercontrol control from page
Hi, I have a page which contains a user control.  When a user clicks on a submit button, I'd like to detect when elements in the user control have changed and popup a message box if changes have been detected to confirm if the user wants to save the changes. Obviously the message box is executed using javascript.  But I'd really like to be able to call a method in the code behind of the page which queries the user control if it has changed.  Is there a way of calling the code behind method from within a javascript function? Otherwise, if I make all the functions execut...

where to put my javascript function? Content page or master page?
I have a web site with a master page that every page uses.  I have one page that needs to call a Javascript function and I just want it/need it on that one page so I don't think I want to put it in the master page, but with asp.net content pages that reference a master page, isn't illegal to put script headers after the page directive?  Where would be the best place for me to put my javascript function that is just needed by this one page?   Thanks in adavance. Here's a great article: JavaScript with ASP.NET 2.0 Pages - Part 1 An excerpt from this article:"ASP.NET 2.0 has ...

call a function declared in content page through master page
Hi, I want to access a public function declared in a content page through the master page. What I want to do is , I have a master page and a few content pages that have the same master page. On click of a button in the master page I want to call a function fom the content page.All my content pages have the function with the same name...but they have different functionality based on the page. Does anybody know how to do that? Hii, have a look at this link - http://odetocode.com/Articles/450.aspx  Section - "Master Page To Content Page Interaction"  When y...

How do I turn on and off a control of a master page from a content page or function
I have a master page with a label that has an error message that I have set to invisible.  I want to be able to turn it on or off from code in a content page or even a function in one of my classes. I would also like to have the text of the label drived from the exception of the catch of my Try statement in my function. How do I do that? I think you can use Master.FindControl("MasterControlID") and cast it to the control type.  Then you can manipulate it any way you want.C# <---> VB.Net Translator Thanks...

How to access a control in the Content Page from javascript in Master Page?
How do I access a control in the Content Page from javascript in Master Page? Say, I have a dropdown list 'CountryDDL' in my Content Page. When I click on a button in the Content Page, I call a javascript function. The javascript file is included in the master page. From within this javascript function, I have to access CountryDDL and find the selected index etc... Because of Master page - content page hierarchy, document.getElementById('CountryDDL') doesnt seem to work. Is there  any alternate approach? use  document.getElementById('<%Countr...

Web resources about - Calling a javascript function in the content page from the master page. - asp.net.navigation-controls

Facebook Open-Sources JavaScript Static-Type Checker Flow
The latest software to be open-sourced by Facebook is Flow , a static-type checker for JavaScript . (more…) New Career Opportunities Daily: ...

Quickstart: Facebook SDK for JavaScript
This quickstart will show you how to setup the SDK, load social plugins, trigger a dialog, and get it to make some basic Graph API calls.

Facebook App Devs Get Javascript
It has been an oft-lamented fact of the Facebook Platform thus far in its life that, in order to use all but the most simple of Javascript functionality–the ...