Access Content Page Control from Master Page

I use Master page in my application. i want to access the content page control (Text Box)  from master page and change the control (Text Box) value. i cant find the text box by using Findcontrol also

0
ask123

Let’s turn to the FindControl documentation on MSDN. FindControl searches the current naming container for the specified server control.

Master.FindControl("ContentPageHolder1").FindControl(TextBox)

Reading this nice article.
http://odetocode.com/Articles/450.aspx

MP

I never desire to converse with a man who has written more than he has
read. -Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)
0
mihirpathak
11/10/2008 8:43:04 PM

hi,

how to access controls in masterpages check my post in http://forums.asp.net/p/1330013/2670187.aspx#2670187

Please Mark as Answer if it helps you
0
naveen

Need to access a Label Control on the Master Page from a user control attached to a content page
Hello all, I have a master page (say  site.master)  with a status Label in it. I have a content page ( say content.aspx)  that has a user control (say usercontrol.ascx). One of the Button Click Events in the usercontrol.ascx needs to pass on some text onto the status label on the masterpage(LabelStatusMsg) and display it. I have been able to do this directly off a content page (content.aspx) by using the following code (VB)  on the master page <%@ MasterType virtualpath="~/site.master" %> and Dim mpLabel As Label = CType(Master.FindControl("LabelStatusMsg"),...

Accessing master page controls from content page
Hello,Here's a snippet from my listing.master page:<%@ master Language="C#" %>     public string Listing_Name    {        get { return lis_name.Text; }    }    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)    {       lis_name.Text = "Hello World"    } ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------In my content page, Master.Listing_Name shows blank, why?<...

Accessing Content Page Control From Master Page
I'd like to access the value of a control residing on a content page from the associated master page. Can anyone point me in the right direction?   Thanks When you know the classname of your page, use: (in VB.NET) CType(Page, classname).ControlID.propertyName But this code will go wrong on all the other pages, so you have to check on which page you are. This being said, I advise you to consider another approach.Your master page should not use code that depends on the design of a particular content page. Your content pages should depend on your master page, not the other ...

Content page accessing master page controls?
I'm probably that much of a noob that I've deviated from the path authors of ASP.NET 2.0 thought of how master and content pages should off been used... Looking from the outside it seemed logical to me that (even on this website) a search text box should be part of a master page and a page that displays results should be a content page... So the problem I'm having (if my hunch about that search textbox control in the header of say even this very website being part of a master page, and result page that subsequently loads underneath the header after you click go bei...

Accessing Controls Content Pages from Master Page
how do i access controls content pages from master page?Its all about coding! I would raise an event from the master page and handle it on the content page.  You can commuicate any data through customized event args.  This article explains in detail how to raise and consume an event: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9aackb16(VS.80).aspx  HTH,Phillip Williams,http://www.webswapp.com Let's say your master page has a textbox whose ID is MasterTextBox. TextBox tb = Page.Master.FindControl("MasterTextBox") as TextBox;...

Problem Accessing Page Controls in a page that has a master page.
Hi,  I have a problem with accessing the controls of a page that has a masterpage. I am trying to access the Page.Controls from the code behind in the class file but no controls are returned.I can access single controls (ex. txtAddress.Text) but not the whole array of controls (ex. Page.Controls).  The controls structure is..                                 MasterPage  >  PlaceHolder > MyPage.aspx &n...

accessing repeater control in master page from content page
Hello,In my master page, I have a repeater control named "repJobs" and I made it public like so:    public Repeater Rep_Jobs    {        set         {             repJobs.DataSource = value;            repJobs.DataBind();        }    }    From my content page, I tried to assign a datasource to it (a DataTable named "dt") ...

How to access a control in the Content Page from javascript in Master Page?
How do I access a control in the Content Page from javascript in Master Page? Say, I have a dropdown list 'CountryDDL' in my Content Page. When I click on a button in the Content Page, I call a javascript function. The javascript file is included in the master page. From within this javascript function, I have to access CountryDDL and find the selected index etc... Because of Master page - content page hierarchy, document.getElementById('CountryDDL') doesnt seem to work. Is there  any alternate approach? use  document.getElementById('<%Countr...

Problem to use TreeView Control in a 'content page' This Error Occur "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls."
hi I am trying to use the TreeView Control inside the content page (Page that has a master page is a content page). On compiling the project I got the following ASP.Net runtime error: "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls."B@b@R J Issue resolved. I was putting script tag in the content page that is not allowed. when remove the script from content page problem is resolved.B@b@R J...

accessing user control peroperty ...from the content page(Master page)
I have written a property in the .ascx page, I want to set this property from the content page...I use the following code..System.Web.UI.UserControl csd = (UserControl)this.Master.FindControl("BreadCrump1");        string s = csd.ToString(); I am getting the control name and the property name in the "csd" object, My question is how to access set the value of the property from the csd object Any help will be appreciated.. Thanks in advanceRaj  ...

Accessing server control in sub master page from content page
Hi there, I am trying to access server controls in sub master page from content page to no avail, would anyone please kindly advise me on how to do this? Let's say that MasterPage.master is the main master page. In SubMaster.master, I have the following code: <%@ Master MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" %> <script runat="server" language="vb">     Public Property transfer_data() As Label         Get             Return lblSearch      ...

Web resources about - Access Content Page Control from Master Page - asp.net.navigation-controls

Portal:Contents/Society and social sciences - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A society is a group of people who form a semi-closed system . At its simplest, the term society refers to a large group of people sharing their ...

Looking Back at 2015 Content Marketing Trends
Earlier this year, content marketers expected to increase their budgets, expand their offerings, and deepen their commitment to content marketing. ...

Dell Issues Patch For Content Adaptive Brightness Control On The XPS 13
... the year, but it did have some issues, as all devices do. One that was very frustrating to deal with during the review was the aggressive Content ...

A new Vudu update turns a Spotlight on best movie deals, free content and more
... with Spotlight search and offline file support . VUDU - Movies & TV A new Vudu update turns a Spotlight on best movie deals, free content ...

More 4K content on the way to your TV very soon
... future it is a prudent move to future-proof and be ready for what is coming. Now UltraFlix is announcing its plans to provide a lot more content ...

How to Make Money Sharing Sponsored Content Without Annoying Your Followers
It's widely accepted that sponsored content is a part of social media now. Not only do we see ads inserted into our streams by Facebook, Instagram, ...

Netflix's success could be bad news for content companies, analysts say
Streaming giants like Netflix and Amazon have been pouring money into putting out their own original content instead of licensing old shows from ...

Contents of 911 call made by shooters' friend revealed
Enrique Marquez, who bought assault rifles used in San Bernardino shooting, made call hours after massacre

Planning Your 2016 Content Marketing Calendar
Planning Your 2016 Content Marketing Calendar written by Guest Post read more at Duct Tape Marketing There are only a few weeks left in 2015, ...