MySql connection string using url instead of IP address

Hi All

I have to use a server name rather than an IP address to connect to my MySql database.  Only problem is my current connection string uses an IP address and is of the format:

<appSettings>
<add key="ConnectionString"
value="server=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX;uid=XXX;pwd=XXX;database=XXX" />
</appSettings>

Can I just do this:

<appSettings>
<add key="ConnectionString"
value="server=servername.com;uid=XXX;pwd=XXX;database=XXX" />
</appSettings>

or is it more involved than that?

Thanks

accelerator
WebRef.eu | Navito.co.uk | NewMobilePhone.net
0
accelerator

Okay, I've worked this out, and just to confirm, the below will work:

<appSettings>
<add key="ConnectionString"
value="server=servername.com;uid=XXX;pwd=XXX;database=XXX" />
</appSettings>

Rgds