Create a MySQL database from another MySQL database or Backup

I'm starting on a new ASP.NET project using MySQL as backend. While I'm familiar with SQL2k, I'm totally new in MySQL. Here's my questions:

1) Given a Web Server for installing the MySQL database, what do I need to start off? MyODBC and/or some other mySQL connector or console? I read tutorial mention Telnet or Shell access. What's that? I know how to create a FTP database in SQL2k. How's that done in MySQL?

2) Also given a backup of a MySQL database as data source and a remote MySQL database the backup was made from, what are the technical steps to create my first MySQL database? The backup is a ZIP file containing muliple SQL files. Can a MySQL database be saved in multiple SQL files? Examples I googled show only one SQL file for a backup.

With only this long weekend for preparation, any help for a quick start is immensely appreciated.

Please mark the post(s) that have helped you as "Answer"
0
thuhue

thuhue wrote:

1) Given a Web Server for installing the MySQL database, what do I need to start off? MyODBC and/or some other mySQL connector or console? I read tutorial mention Telnet or Shell access. What's that? I know how to create a FTP database in SQL2k. How's that done in MySQL?

Do you want to install Mysql server on a server?

If yes then download it from mysql.com and run the MSI which will do all the steps for you

If no, then you are talking about hosting, you can create the db using the Control panel provided and to connect into the db you have to use phpmyadmin or Mysql Front

thuhue wrote:

2) Also given a backup of a MySQL database as data source and a remote MySQL database the backup was made from, what are the technical steps to create my first MySQL database? The backup is a ZIP file containing muliple SQL files. Can a MySQL database be saved in multiple SQL files? Examples I googled show only one SQL file for a backup.

With only this long weekend for preparation, any help for a quick start is immensely appreciated.

SQL files are dump of mysql db, if you have multiple files then you should execute all of them in your mysql server. You can use either phpmyadmin or mysql front to achieve that..

Let me know if you need further help.

Regards

ASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest)
0
smiling4ever
12/24/2005 7:18:07 PM

What can MyODBC do in all that? Thanks.

Please mark the post(s) that have helped you as "Answer"
0
thuhue
12/24/2005 7:57:42 PM

It is the mysql driver in which you can connect to mysql db using ODBC

check this

Regards

ASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest)
0
smiling4ever
12/24/2005 9:43:53 PM
I was told mySQL is installed on a remote development server. But how can I see it, get on it, and start creating my database. Do I need a mySQL console on my local box or anything else? Please advise. Thanks much.
Please mark the post(s) that have helped you as "Answer"
0
thuhue
12/25/2005 12:54:54 AM

Make sure the remote server is allowing remote access (mysql configuration). The default port that you can connect into to access your database is 3306.

Download Mysql Front software and conenct to the IP of the server using the port 3306 and your db login details (username/password). You will be connected to that DB.

You can connect to the root of the mysql server using root/pass.

If you want to connect using Telnet (not easy interface) then write this in your cmd

Telnet IP port

HTH

Regards

ASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest)
0
smiling4ever
12/25/2005 9:33:42 AM

Please kindly provide links to the info you're giving and additional details I might need. Thanks so much.

Please mark the post(s) that have helped you as "Answer"
0
thuhue
12/25/2005 8:13:24 PM

Google it, i dont have links. What i posted is what i do when i use mysql.

Regards

ASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest)
0
smiling4ever

How to attach a MySql database to a MySql database server.
Hi all, I have developed a web application in VS 2005, and it uses MySql 4.1 as database. Now, I have created the database and tables, and there is data in it. How can I copy this same database along with its tables and contents, to another server? Which all files should I copy? Is there any procedure to 'attach' a database? I use MySql  Manager to create databases and tables. Thanks Tomy Hi The best way to make a dump of your existsing MySql database is to use mysqldump utility which comes with any mysql server package. Here is a sample usage: "C:\Program File...

MySQL DataTransfer from one database to another database
Hi , I've two database in mysql and I want to transfer data from my database to another database.   what is the System to do so. http://www.Net4developers.com http://www.AjaxSpider.com    A k Vermahttp://www.Net4Developers.com If you couldn't just transfer database files, you can script your database (script table definitions and table data) and run SQL script on your target server....

mysql: how do i go about retrieving data from a mysql database?
Hi all,Using vb.net, whats the best way to get data from a mysql database? I want to write a class that does this for me http://www.mysql.com/products/connector/net/ Download MySQL connector from above link, reference it in your project and put it in the Bin folder of your project. Make a connection string in your web.config, and build a data class and a data access class in your preferred language. The data class being a representation of your table, and the data access class recieving the data object as a parameter to its insert, delete and update functions. Then link an objectdatasour...

MYSQL database server vs. MaxDB by MYSQL
Which one should I choose? I am starting a project in tight budget, and I think I will use MYSQL instead of SQL server for this one. This project will be in heavy load. (for commercial use) I am wondering if I should use the standard MySql or the MaxDB? I have no idea because they both are free or low in license cost if I have to pay. I read about the stuff on the mysql.com, it says only about 5000 clients are using MaxDB. is that a reason for that? or MaxDB only good for SAP? Please advice. I am currently using MaxDB and developing asp pages against it. Works great fo...

How to convert the database in a mysql database ???
I need help, i want to put asp.net portal to a mysql data base Good luck! Since the Data MAnipulation Layer is written in Stored Procedures, you will have to rewrite all of it. It probably would not be very time effective in my opinion. Well, maybe it won't be that bad. Looks like someone is already doing it. Check out their forum for more upates. http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=482434...

create a mysql database
hi I have been asked to create a database with mysql. The command they gave me is mysql webdb <webdb.sql.dmp but that does not do anything. I am not even sure if it would work on linux. What commands do I use to create a database from a script file or dump file? NetWare 6.5 sp2 mysql v 4.0.18b. Should I post this in another forum. I have looked throug the mysql on line docs but don't quit get it. Have you created your database webdb ? Not sure if this works on NetWare but try mysqladmin create webdb if you haven't created it. Cheers, Edward "w...

Creating a MySQL database
Hi, I am using Delphi 2010 and want to create a MySQL database programmatically. I intend to use DBExpress to connect too this but firts need to create it automatically. WIth Interbase I have used a TIBDatabase object with the NewDB.CreateDatabase method, but how do I go about doing this with MySQL. Bennie Hello Bennie Connect to the MySQL server. You can specifiy MySQL or Test or empty string as the Database parameter value. Then issue the SQL commands: CREATE DATABASE <name> and USE <name> > WIth Interbase I have used a TIBDatabase object with >...

mySQL database backup with AS?
How to do it? Thanks Seb AS being ArcServe? Have you asked CA? -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Novell Inc. No, surely I am not the only one in the whole NW community using it (as it comes default with NW anyway) So would expect answer here much quicker than from CA Seb "Andrew C Taubman" <ataubman.RemoveThisToMailMe@novell.AndThis.com> wrote in message news:9yLjf.426$ME5.359@prv-...

Can I backup Bugzilla database while people are still using Bugzilla ? Will MySQL database crash ?
Hi, =20 Just a quick question about Bugzilla database. If I want to back up the MySQL database for Bugzilla, can I run the mysql dump command while our company is still using Bugzilla. I know the data will not be most updated if someone files/edits a new bug or something, but I am just wondering if it will crash Bugzilla (or MySQL database) when backing up the database while people are still accessing/modifying it. Thank you so much.=20 =20 =20 =20 =20 Thanks, Kevin Tong <http://www.bluejungle.com> =20 =20 ...

To change database from Acess into MySQL database
I want to change my database from Access to MYSQL . I can connect Ms Access database using the following syntax. Please let me know how I can connect mysql database same as that of access connectivity as given below [database] DBMS=ODBC DBParm = ConnectString='Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=C:\testdata\employee.mdb;Uid=;Pwd=' AutoCommit=FALSE with thanks Polachan ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp This article should help: http://pbdj.sys-con.com/node/42600 You'll need to down...

how to get data from multiple databases in MySql and store it in a view or any other Object of MySql.
hi everybody we have a issue like we want to retrieve data from multiple databases in MySql and store it in a view or any other object of MySql. any help on this would be highly appreciated. Have you tried using the search tool of this forum?there's a bunch of topic listed in there.. :)Cheers, ------------------------------------------------Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own commonsense. ---Buddha (563BC-483BC) try to find some tools if you are not able to then do fol...

copying a table from mysql database to sqllite database
hi everyone !!i am selecting a table from the tblusers from mysql database.and i want that when my aspx page loads itself then the table tblusers gets copied into the sqllite database.  for which i have to connect to both the databse.please suggest some idea and queries how can i do this? waiting for your replies Thanks in advance.    ...

convertion of SQL Server database to mysql database
Hello!! I am interested on the convertion of SQL Server database and all its objects to mysql to get the portal working using mysql as a back end. If anyone coul help me, please reply and send me the DDL.   thanks for all...

mysql php5-mysql
Hi, i have installed mysqk from binaries itworks!!! but now how can i install php5-mysql and dependencies? Many thanks Thierry -- trazomtg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ When you say from the binaries, do you mean you installed via Yast and the Suse repositories?? It is always best to install via Yast-Software-Software Management if you can. This way all dependencies are done for you. -- gogalthorp ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gogalthorp's Profile: http://forums.opensuse....

Web resources about - Create a MySQL database from another MySQL database or Backup - asp.net.mysql

ERISA and All Claim databases
... laws, on the books in 18 states, requiring self-insured employers to report data about the prices they pay to “all payer claims databases.” ...

Sanders’ campaign looses access to N.H. Democratic voter database - The Boston Globe Sanders’ campaign ...
... the presidential campaign of US Senator Bernie Sanders has been denied access to the New Hampshire Democratic Party’s valuable voter database ...

Under pressure, DNC restores Bernie Sanders campaign's access to their database - Videos - CBS News
A strange twist in the race for the democratic presidential nomination: the campaign of Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders has filed a complaint ...

IDG Contributor Network: Avoiding ginormous transaction logs with SharePoint databases
... why do we see these humongous transaction logs so often? I am going to blame it on a “misunderstanding” of how Microsoft describes a full database ...

Change your passwords: NexusMods suffers database breach
... security breach by posts on reddit. Cybersecurity firm REN-ISAC had apparently contacted several university IT departments about a database ...

EFF confirms that the DEA has deleted its phone call database
Earlier this year, it was revealed that the NSA's massive surveillance program had a precursor: the Drug Enforcement Administration's USTO, which ...

MacKeeper Leak Highlights Danger of Misconfigured Databases
The Shodan port-scanning service finds at least 35,000 MongoDB databases accessible without a password.