.Net Connector 5.0 Encryption vs .Net Connector 5.1 Encryption

Is there any different between the AES Encryption in .Net Connector 5.0 and .Net Connector 5.1 ??

previously i using .Net Connector 5.0 to build my system. the encryption and descryption work fine.

but after i upgrade to .Net Connector 5.1 ( uninstall the .Net 5.0 Connector, Install 5.1, delete the "<add assembly="MySql.Data, Version=5.0.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=C5687FC88969C44D"/>" in webconfig, then add the 5.1 MySQL reference to the system)

i cant encrypt the data that i previously decrypt when using .Net Connector 5.0.

What is the problem that cause the error ? the encrypt and decrypt method or the way i change the .net connector???

C#######################################
0
enghsiang

I basically don't understand what you mean.

But I will still try to join this thread since I love to answer this one.. :) well, why need to manually add the assembly by yourself? you can let the installer to do it for you.. in case you are installing the msi file. any encryption methods from 5.0 should work fine with 5.1.. I searched google for further confirmation about issues in encryption between 5.0 to 5.1.. and good to know that there's no issue regarding that matter..

In my own observation in your case, maybe its because of the manual intervention in attempting to install connector 5.1

Cheers,

CLIPER

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own commonsense. ---Buddha (563BC-483BC)
0
CLIPER
1/9/2008 3:22:54 PM

Hi CLIPER,

Thanks for helping me again.

well, it seems very hard to tell clearly about the problem i face.

maybe u can guide me on this:

previously i using Connector/Net 5.0 to build my page. now i would like to change to Connector/Net 5.1

what should i do OR how to upgrade ??

do i need to change anything in my previously done page?

C#######################################
0
enghsiang

In my case, I only installed the connector.net 5.1.4 installer and start to run the application again..

the last thing I've done is to run the application with no errors in it.. :)

Are you sure you installed the 5.1 corretly?

Is there any errors you can post so that we can identify the problem?

Cheers,

CLIPER

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own commonsense. ---Buddha (563BC-483BC)
0
CLIPER
1/14/2008 12:14:00 PM

CLIPER:

Hi,

In my case, I only installed the connector.net 5.1.4 installer and start to run the application again..

the last thing I've done is to run the application with no errors in it.. :)

Are you sure you installed the 5.1 corretly?

Is there any errors you can post so that we can identify the problem?

Cheers,

CLIPER

In my case, don hav any error msg.

i uninstall the connector/net 5.0 which install earlier at the server

then install connector/net 5.1 at the server

then, my system can't login anymore. the AES descryption always return byte.

C#######################################
0
enghsiang

Connector/NET 5.0 vs 1.0
Hey guys!   Was just what the differences were between the .NET Connector version 5.0 and 1.0 from MySQL? I can't find anything just Googling around, but I will continue in the mean time.   Thanks! -Steve I don't think there is a version 5.0 of the connector for .NET, I think you are confusing the version of MySQL db which is 5.x and the version of the Connector for .NET which is currently 1.0.8The 5.0 version of MySQL db was the first version to support stored procedures. My guess is the first version of the connector to support the 5.0 version of the db was connector versi...

MySQL Connector/NET 5.1.4 VS 2008
I cannot for the life of me get Visual Studio 2008 to play nice with the 5.1.4 MySQL connector. I have checked machine.config and it shows there. I can add a project reference and it shows there. But when I go to Server Explorer and click to add a data connection MySQL is simply not an option. Anyone experience this before?!So far no answers over at the MySQL forum and so I thought maybe folks here would have more knowledge.Any help greatly appreciated.   I have also added the .dll to the BIN folder for the project - still nothing. I am at wits end and considering a reinstall of ...

Migrating .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0/3.5
We have many of our application running in .NET 1.1, and plannig to migrate all one-by-one, i know there will be a big challenge for this activity, What we are planning is not to migrate all in one shot, After migrating one application we will give for some selective users testing once we feel it is OK, do the next. What is best way of doing this thing? Any links, thrid party tools, since opening this in VWD 2005, it is converting the application but many errors are popuping up. Any reference would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance. Hi, Please follow the steps mentioned in this l...

MySql Connector.NET 5.1 question
some question about MySql Connector.NET 5.1. i currently using MySql Connector.NET 5.0.7. and i doing a project using that connector. i think of install MySql Connector.NET 5.1,coz wan to hav a try on the Membership & Profiles which support by MySql Connector.NET 5.1 if i install MySql Connector.NET 5.1,will it effec my current MySql Connector.NET 5.0.7? or wil it effec my current project? can i change back to MySql Connector.NET 5.0.7 after i install MySql Connector.NET 5.1???C####################################### IMHO, no... i used to have the two connectors in my machine ...

autocomplete not working in IE7 after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5
IE7 autocomplete not working after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5. OS: Windows XP. Autocomplete worked fine on IE6 and IE7 before migration.  Is there anything thats needs to be configured on the server for IE7 autocomplete to work with the new migrated 3.5 application?  Appreciate the feedback         How are you impleneting Autocomplete? Can you show us problem causing code..My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." there is no autocomplete implementation. This is purely using...

Proplem with..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Name: Tony Email: Accuscopeathotmaildotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Proplem with..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Comments: I have used Firefox for many years but I am not happy with latest version. You can set options such as home page and security and privacy settings but as soon as you close the browser and re start it remembers none of the settings??? Very frustrating! I have re-installed several times and rebooted every time but it always goes back to a default page as though I had just do...

Version beforeMozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Name: James Kiekow Email: jamesdotkiekowathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Version beforeMozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Comments: Dear Excellent Developers, I share a passion for the same in IT and I wanted to mention that I have the previous version of Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) installed and it was extremely slow surfing the web so I upgraded and my assumption was correct it was the install I believe of th...

Web hosts that support MySQL Connector/Net 5.2.5.
Anyone know any?  Check SoftsysHosting.com. They have full level of support of ASP.NET, MySQL w/ MySQL .NET Connector. I have been using them for many of my clients and they have been perfect.HTH,-KilkoRecommended Hosts: Softsys Hosting & DiscountASP Hello, This is very specific requirement for the MySQL Windows Hosting Providers, so maybe it's much better to find affordable VPS ASP.NET Hosting and install MySQL Connector/Net 5.2.5 - 6. RegardsWindows Hosting ASP.NET | Top ASP.NET Hosts | Dedicated Windows Hosting...

Getting started with mySQL Connector/Net 5.1
i have a vs2005 project which someone else built.  I need to connect to mySQL in this project. it is currently using the OleDbConnection to mySQL and I cannot make the connection, so I was told by the developer to try the the mySQL Connector/Net 5.1.  I have read the very encouraging documentation.  I am in a file called SqlDataProvider.vbI want to replace Dim objConnection As OleDbConnectionwithDim objConnection As MySqlConnection I get the blue squiggly  "MySqlConncection is undefined." I added this import to the top. Imports MySql.Da...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729
Name: Patrick Email: plakt97312atmsndotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729 Comments: Firefox 3.5.7 running on HP Laptop hp G60, with Vista. When opening various websites, Firefox has functionality problems, specifically the minimize, size window, or close buttons in the upper left corner do not work. The scroll bar still works. Also, if I go to a website (i.e. Hotels.com AAA.com, etc.) and use a calendar at the site to select a date, Firefox freezes some of the time and...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Name: hajori Email: hajoriataondotat Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Comments: (Deutsch) Seit den Update braucht Firefox 5 Minuten um eine neue Seite zu laden das kann doch nicht normal sein ?????????? Oder ? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wis...

Connector/NET 5.2.0 MySQL
I have asked in the MySQL forum here and also at the MySQL site itself without answer so I thought I might pitch the same question to this forum:I have installed the Connector/NET 5.2.0 but when I try to add a data connection I get the following error: Package Load Failure Package 'MySQL Connecter Net 5.2.0' has failed to load properly ( GUID = {79A115C9-B133-4891-9E7B-242509DAD272}). Please contact package vendor for assistance. Application restart is recommended, due to possible environment corruption. Would you like to disable loading this package in the future? You may ...

How to upgrade .net 2.0 to .net 3.5 in vs 2008
Hi, I did not upgrade .net2.0 to .net 3.5 when I first open vs 2008. but, I now want to upgrade it to 3.5. can someone tell me how to do it in vs 2008? where can open the wizard window again to upgrade?thanks. Xiuxian      Hi, All you have to do is open the .sln or project file of VS 2005 in VS2008. File > Open > Solution. The VS 2008 Conversion Wizard will ask you to upgrade. HTH,Suprotim Agarwal  ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips I would imagine you could just in...

.Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5 XSLT Issue
Hi,I've recently upgraded my 1.1 app to 3.5.The following xslt works fine running against the 1.1 compiled code, but does not work when running against the 3.5 version: <xsl:if test="position() &gt; $recordsPerPage * number($pageNumber) and position() &lt;= number($recordsPerPage * number($pageNumber)+ $recordsPerPage)"> There no exceptions being thrown, but the results are not the same particular around resultsets with 1 or 2 items.Has anyone else had problems with xslt upgrading? Well I haven't worked in XSLT in a bit, but I'm pretty sure that sp...

DW.NET 1.0 vs. 1.5 (and beyond)
Ladies & Gents I've got the dw.NET 1.0 that came with our PB 10 Enterprise license. I've been tinkering here & there, and I want to venture into using the little beastie to do some more involved development in .NYET. I've been using PB for over 10 years so datawindows are pretty much second nature. I've avoided .NYET because of the phenomenal headaches I've encountered attempting to do data access and presentation. Before I get too deep, my question(s) is (are), what can 1.5 do that 1.0 can not? Are there major shortcomings in 1.0 that are address...

Hello,   I have a ASP.Net web application,written in VB.Net,developed on .Net Framework 1.0 .I am trying to port it on to .Net framework 1.1.   For achieving this,I follow the following steps-   1.Open the project using the .vbproj file. 2.I am prompted with the conversion message "Do you want to convert the solution and all projects to .Net framework  1.1....." 3.I click "Yes" 4.I assume that the project is now converted. 5.I build the project & try to run it. 6.I get the following error -     Server Error in '/Consert.Net' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load type CONsERT.Net.Global'.Source Error: Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb" Inherits="CONsERT.Net.Global" %> Source File: e:\inetpub\wwwroot\Consert.Net\global.asax    Line: 1 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573   My project includes aspx and vb files, as well as some crystal report files.   Can anyone please help me? This is almost certainly a namespace case issue. I can't believe that you have a namespace CONsERT. The FCL is case sensitive, even if VB.NET isn't, so check all of your namespace declarations,...

Support for dw.NET 2.5 in VS 2008, .NET framework 3.5 and Oracle 10.2g
Hi, I intend to use the datawindow.NET 2.5 in VS 2008 (.NET framework 3.5) using a Oracle 10.2g database as a backend and later using Oracle 11g as backend. Can someone please let me know if the product is supported in the environments mentioned. All help will be highly appreciated and many thanks in advance. Regards Hasan Kasamali On Nov 24, 3:06=A0am, Hasan Kasamali wrote: > Hi, > > I intend to use the datawindow.NET 2.5 in VS 2008 (.NET > framework 3.5) using a Oracle 10.2g database as a backend > and later using Oracle 11g as backend. > > Can ...

Automated cleanup tool to remove the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5
"I have posted an updated version of the .NET Framework cleanup tool that now contains support for automatically cleaning up the .NET Framework 1.0, the .NET Framework 1.1, the .NET Framework 2.0, the ..NET Framework 3.0 and the .NET Framework 3.5. This tool automates the manual cleanup steps for the .NET Framework 2.0 that I posted a while ago. These steps have helped solve most of the known .NET Framework 2.0 beta uninstall issues that I know of. In addition, the tool can be useful to return your system to a known (relatively clean) state in case you run into any .NET Framew...

How do I connect to SAW 5.5 with VB.NET/ADO.NET?
I want to connect to a SQL Anywhere 5.5 database running on a W2K Pro server, using VB.NET and ADO.NET. Here's how I connect to MS SQL Server with VB.NET and ADO.NET: gstrADOConnectionString = "Data Source=" & gstrServerName & ";" & _ "Initial Catalog=" & gstrDatabase & ";" & "Integrated Security=SSPI;" & _ "Connect Timeout=" & Convert.ToString(gshoADOConnectTimeout) Example: Data Source=PSI_Dell;Initial Catalog=BRM;Integrated Security=SSPI;Connect Timeout=60 Here's how I did it...

Max on datetime, with .net connector 5.1
´Hello people,   I am rewriting my site to use .net connector 5.1, and have a problem with a select returning a date time. I use a SqlDataSource and wants to display the selected datetime like this. <%# Convert.ToDateTime(DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "submitted")).ToString("dddd dd MMMM kl. HH:mm")%> This doesn't work for some reason. The datetime is selected by a sub select with max function, to get the newest datetime. Select executes fine but when evaluting the expression for the datetime i get "System.Byte[]' cannot be converted to ...

Web resources about - .Net Connector 5.0 Encryption vs .Net Connector 5.1 Encryption - asp.net.mysql

Encryption - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For technical reasons, an encryption scheme usually uses a pseudo-random encryption key generated by an algorithm. It is in principle possible ...

REPORT: Facebook’s Outdated Web Encryption Technology May Have Enabled Prism
Facebook still uses encryption keys with 1,024-bit lengths, while the industry standard used by Internet companies — including Apple, Microsoft, ...

WhatsApp CEO Jan Koum Supports Apple and Tim Cook in Encryption Fight
WhatsApp CEO Jan Koum: I have always admired Tim Cook for his stance on privacy and Apple’s efforts to protect user data and couldn’t agree ...

Search Twitter - encryption
Sign in Sign up Search Refresh Tech Investor News @ TechInvestNews 2m Secusmart puts its BlackBerry encryption chip to work on the desktop (Netflash) ...

Nature - Private Photo Gallery, Video, Password and Noted Manager with encryption on the App Store
... compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Nature - Private Photo Gallery, Video, Password and Noted Manager with encryption. ...

Google CEO Pichai appears to side with Apple in series of vague tweets on FBI encryption battle
It has been a wild 24 hours when it comes to smartphone encryption and user privacy versus national security. Last night, a U.S. judge ruled ...

User security, privacy issues draw sharp contrast between Apple iOS, Google Android in FBI encryption ...
Apple Insider User security, privacy issues draw sharp contrast between Apple iOS, Google Android in FBI encryption case Apple Insider The ...

Apple Court Order Heats Up Encryption Battle on Capitol Hill
... the FBI’s goal here — to create a political controversy driven by fear of terrorism committed by Muslims, and get egregious new anti-encryption ...

Google CEO offers some support for Apple in encryption battle
Technically Incorrect: Sundar Pichai says that what a court is expecting from Apple "could be a troubling precedent."

Apple encryption fight with FBI could go to the Supreme Court
Apple may have taken on the fight of its life in standing up to the FBI, which is demanding that it help break into an iPhone used by one of ...