MVC Preview 3 and Web Dev Express 2008 SP1 Beta

When trying to run a new mvc web application, the default project fails to start up.  A BadImageFormatException is throw with the message BAD IL Range.

Anyone seen this before or know how to fix it?

0
bullsbarry
5/29/2008 3:23:39 PM
asp.net.mvc 4300 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Do you get this error if you build the project first? Is the project language VB? We have seen this error before and are currently looking at the cause of it. It is related to the fact that a view page must be built for it to correctly inherit from MVC.ViewPage.

0
joecar
5/29/2008 9:18:19 PM

The language is VB.  And Building the project before attempting to run it did fix the problem. Thanks (can't believe I didn't try that)

0
bullsbarry
5/29/2008 9:26:40 PM

Thanks for the info bullsbarry! We are taking a look at this although it is really part of a larger issue related to the WAP project model. Also, the error is pretty weird so I could definitely see how this could get confusing.

0
joecar
5/29/2008 9:33:02 PM

i wonder when the entire mvc is gona be out... lol

http://www.microsoft.com
0
Nyceane

Just went to look at your MVC web site.  Thought you would like to know that clicking on the Schedule link at the top of the screen gives a fairly ugly Server Error.

Got a c# problem? Try .NET Book Zero from Charles Petzold, it's a free pdf.
0
Paul

Microsoft.Web.Mvc.dll Problems when upgrading Preview 5 into Mvc Beta.
Microsoft.Web.Mvc.dll  causes  Problems when upgrading Preview 5 into Mvc Beta.I have a Mvc Preview 5 application using Microsoft.Web.Mvc.dll.When I upgrading it into the newest Mvc Beta, It cause a problem (System.ExecutionEngineException)  in the root default.aspx.cs   The default.aspx.cs is the default generated file, and I did not modify it. And where's the Html.RadioButtonList() in Mvc Beta ?  The Microsoft ASP.NET MVC Beta:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a24d1e00-cd35-4f66-baa0-2362bdde0766&DisplayLang=en#...

Installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 SP1 but there is no MVC Project template
I upgraded Visual Web Developer Express 2008 to Visual Web Developer Express 2008 Service Pack 1 but could not find MVC Project template. Do I need to download and install ASP.net MVC  framework separately? Hi there, you will need to download it serperatly. Incase of not knowing where to find it, here are the links: http://www.asp.net/mvc/ http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=92F2A8F0-9243-4697-8F9A-FCF6BC9F66AB&displaylang=en thanks  sharp guy Thanks...

Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

Installation Fails: MVC Preview 3 requires the .NET Framework version 3.5
The problem is... I already have it installed.  So I tried uninstalling it, then re-installing it.  Then I tried the MVC preview with the same results.  Then I installed the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and tried installing the MVC preview with the same results. Any ideas? By the way, I have Vista Ultimate, VS 2005 Pro & VS 2008 Standard installed along with the Silverlight 2 Beta 2....

Installed Extensions 3.5 Preview
Hello everyone!I'm new to ASP.NET and have decided to jump straight in with the MVC framework as I've used MVC's on PHP for a while and love the concept!However, I'm having a few problems getting started.I have installed the Extensions 3.5 Preview and Visual Web Developer Express 2008 but the MVC templates are not available and the 3.6.0.0 extensions (of which the MVC objects are apart) do not appear in the object browser Any help would be greatly appreciated.Regards,Jason (aka Freakish_05)  Hi again everyone.  It turns out my problem was that because I am using ...

MVC preview 5 with VS 2008 SP1
hello all ,  if MVC preview 5 is sutiable for VS 2008 SP 1 or there are any  bugs I'm using VS 2008 SP1 to run my ASP.NET MVC projects. So far there is no bug. Regards,Agus Suhanto Michael - Not sure I understand the question.  If you're asking if the MVC previews work with Visual Studio 2008 SP1, the answer is yes.  If you're asking if the MVC previews are bug-free, the answer is no.  I'm running 2008 with preview 5 with great success. ...as expected- there are SOME issues with the preview code- however, it functions just fine for the maj...

MVC preview 3 does not install template in VS 2008
Hello All, for the last 2 days I have been trying to get the MVC template to show up in  visual studio standard edition, but even after a successful installation of preview 3 of MVC I do not see the visual studio template, how can I enable that in Visual studio ?   In addition is there a list of asp.net options that do not currently work with MVC, e.g the Ajax toolkit for asp.net does not work with MVC. Thanks a lot, Imran.Imran AzizSoftware developer http://www.i4t.org  First off, nothing that requires the use of webform controls (stuff that uses runat="serve...

MVC BETA: 'SubmitButton' is not a member of 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper'
I created a new MVC BEta Project and copied over a few views and I get this error now:'SubmitButton' is not a member of 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper' It's not even listed as an option for me - what the hell? Anyone know what I am doing wrong here? I believe this HtmlHelper is only availbe in the Futures assembly.  The Futures assembly is no longer referenced automatically.  It is a seperate download. It looks like this HtmlHelper wasn't doing a whole lot for you in this case anyway.  Why not just write: <input type="submit" id="Sea...

MVC Beta causes VS.net 2008 to shutdown on rebuild
Hi, I just uninstalled mvc preview 5 and installed the new beta. Now I'm not able to rebuild my solution. Every time I selects rebuild/build either by shortcut or by menu, Visual Studio 2008 closes. How do I omit this bug?Rasmus Christensen RasmusChristensen:Hi, I just uninstalled mvc preview 5 and installed the new beta. Now I'm not able to rebuild my solution. Every time I selects rebuild/build either by shortcut or by menu, Visual Studio 2008 closes. How do I omit this bug?   I had Visual Studio 2008 Power Commands installed recently and this was causing my IDE to cra...

maxJsonLength property & .NET 3.5 MVC web service
Hello,I've written a RESTful web service using .NET MVC. All of my controllers return a JsonResult object which serializes whatever I put into it. That all works well except for when I try to return a file (base64 encoded) via JSON, I get this:   Error during serialization or deserialization using the JSON JavaScriptSerializer. The length of the string exceeds the value set on the maxJsonLength property. So I did the research and found out how to modify my Web.Config file with:    <system.web.extensions>        <scriptin...

Cant work it out MVC Preview 5 + VWD Express'08 SP1
I installed VWD 2008 Express edition with SP1, then installed MVC Preview 5 I can create a new project, but there is something wrong I cant figure out,   I tied to install Preview 3 instead of 5, but It's the same problem    I found the sln by chance when one of my friends told me to build the project :D I was going to tell him that I have done this 100 times ... But I had a tought: to click "Clean solution" and Yes! it worked fine :D enjoy ...

Severe MVC 1.0 .Net 3.5 SP1 assembly referencing problems
DLL Hell Revisited  I have Visual Studio 2008 version 9.03072.1 SP; .Net Framework 3.5 SP1  + 3 hotfixes and MVC 1.0 When I try to add a reference to a class library assembly X of which an older version exists somewhere in a different project on my computer, then the referencing to the newer version dll (located in a solutionmap dependencies) does not succeed resulting in the warning: The referenced component X could not be found. However, if I place the older version dll in the dependencies folder and try to add the reference then the reference succeeds. But...

Installing MVC preview 5 after uninstalling VS Express and then installing VS 2008 Pro
 Can someone let me know how to convince the MVC preview 5 installer that I have a compatible version of visual studio installed?  I had Express installed to "play with" but then uninstalled it and install VS2008 pro.  now the installer says it can't install on an Express edition...I'm using WinXP sp3VS2008 with latest service packthanks in advance  ok - seems I mispoke a little.  MVC preview 5 did install but won't create a new project reporting that "the project type is not supported by this installation" and won't complete in...

machine.config problem after installing .net 3.5 and visual web developer 2008 express
 I had asp.net 2.0 and visual web developer 2005 installed on my windows xp computer. I then installed .net 3.5 and visual web developer 2008 express on the same computer with out uninstalling .net 2.0 and VWD 2005 express and did not encounter any errors during installation. Problem is, i can no longer run any project.When i create a web site in visual web developer 2008 and click "start Debugging" i get the error message below"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config(138): Build (web): Unrecognized configuration section system.serviceModel.&qu...

Web resources about - MVC Preview 3 and Web Dev Express 2008 SP1 Beta - asp.net.mvc

Marvel Preview - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An umbrella title that showcased a different heroic-adventure, science-fiction or sword-and-sorcery character in virtually every issue. The title ...

Is Facebook Testing A News Feed Ad Preview In Ads Manager?
... Manager , as some users are now seeing the option to view what their ads will look like in the News Feed , rather than only being able to preview ...

Driveclub - Japan Tracks Preview 1/5: Full run of Nakasendo - Facebook
Follow us into Japan. :) Watch this full preview of Nakasendo, one of the new Japanese tracks coming in a free game update later this month. It's ...

Preview sponsored stories with the Action Spec Preview Tool
Today we're launching the action spec preview tool to make it easier for you to preview sponsored stories. Sponsored stories are stories that ...

Preview Screenshots of Facebook for iPhone 2.0
Facebook today released a preview of version 2.0 of Facebook iPhone application. The upshot? Both the home page and profile page in Facebook ...

G4 Preview Tour (@G4Preview) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here G4 Preview Tour @ G4Preview ...

Sneak preview of the #CMAawards on Twitter
As country music’s superstars arrive in Nashville for the 48th Country Music Association Awards ( @CountryMusic ), #CMAawards buzz is at an all-time ...

Eurogamer.net • video game reviews, news, previews, forums, and videos • Eurogamer.net
Eurogamer Network Ltd. uses cookies on its websites in order to provide enhanced functionality to users, such as user accounts and saved preferences. ...

SCOTUS Preview: Trademark Confusion - Jason P. Steed
... term the Supreme Court will decide at least two important trademark cases. (There's still time for them to add more.) Here's a quick preview ...

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution College Football Preview for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get The Atlanta Journal-Constitution College Football Preview on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.