Installation Fails: MVC Preview 3 requires the .NET Framework version 3.5

The problem is... I already have it installed.  So I tried uninstalling it, then re-installing it.  Then I tried the MVC preview with the same results.

Then I installed the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and tried installing the MVC preview with the same results.

Any ideas?

0
DevDave
8/23/2008 4:20:57 PM
asp.net.mvc 4300 articles. 0 followers. Follow

By the way, I have Vista Ultimate, VS 2005 Pro & VS 2008 Standard installed along with the Silverlight 2 Beta 2.

0
DevDave

Can we replace Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 with Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5
Hi, I have installed vs2008 in C drive and removed it from there  including Microsoft .Net framework 3.5, due to space crunch, then I started installing it in D drive, in this case it did not install .Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 and now it does not show me Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 it shows .NET Compact Framework 3.5 in Add remove program list. My question is will VS2008 work fine with .NET Compact Framework 3.5. apart from it it also has .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in the list, all what is missing is microsoft .net framework 3.5  Please let me know ...

installing .net 3.5 on Server 2003. IIS does not show the 3.5 version on the tab
I installed a trial version of Windows Server 2003 and installed .net 2.0 and 2.5 but when I install my asp.net app in IIs and then go to the tab, it does not show any other version of the .net then 1.1 I also installed the SP2 of server 2003.  asp.net tab should show 1.1 and 2.0. It will not show 3.5 as a version .Jeev~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer. Thank you for your reply. I have first installed .net 2.0 then 3.5. So why does it not show any of them? only 1.1?   bcweed966: I installed a trial ver...

MVC is only for .Net 3.5? Is it not available for .Net 2.0?
Hello. I´m new to MVC and I want to try it.. My fist question is: MVC is only for .Net 3.5? Is it not available for .Net 2.0?Thanks!  You could get it to run on 2.0: http://www.hanselman.com/blog/DeployingASPNETMVCOnASPNET20.aspx, but you would be better advised to get 3.5 SP1.  It is free, after all.  So is Visual Web Developer Express, so you can play with it. Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site ASP.NET MVC distributed assemblies reference System.Core.dll assembly from .NET FW 3.5 so you need .NET FW 3.5 to run ASP.NET MVC.Don't forget to click &qu...

.NET MVC 3.5 Framework release
 Does anyone know when the .NET MVC Framework will be officialy released this year? Based on this comment (no name/id on anchor so scroll down to comment " December 12, 2007 12:23 AM by ScottGu": > We are still finalizing how we'll ship the features in the ASP.NET 3.5 Extensions release.  I'll blog about the plan once it is closed.It would appear nothing is final yet.Richard Would love to give you a general idea, but we're in the middle of some interesting planning. So we can't tell you...

Failed on installing .net Framework 3.5
[11/17/07,12:15:02] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (CBS): [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (CBS). MSI returned error code 1[11/22/07,17:43:31] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (CBS): [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (CBS). MSI returned error code 1[11/23/07,10:19:12] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (CBS): [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (CBS). MSI returned error code 1[11/23/07,10:46:35] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (CBS): [2] Error: Installation failed for ...

.NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 2.0
Hi All,            I wana know i have .net framework 2.0 running on my pc with sql server 2005. I wana install .net framework 3.5. My question is that can i keep both the framework on same pc if yes can u tell me the way how can i do this.  The 3.5 version of the framework actually adds to the existing 2.0 framework. after you install 3.5, you will still have 2.0 on your system.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ actually by default and automatilcally when you ...

ajax 3.5 extensions preview and .NET 3.5
I'm a little bit confused.On one hand you say the AJAX framework is included in .NET 3.5. On the other hand there's an ajax extensions preview which "provides new functionality being added to ASP.NET 3.5 and ADO.NET in 2008." Is the latter like an addon to the .NET 3.5 built-in framework? Out of a developer perspective I would like to know if it is "safe" to develop with the 3.5 extension preview.. and if at any state its functionality is added to the .NET framework. Do I need to install the 3.5 extension preview on my host running IIS, too? Or i...

Install Turbo Delphi on .NET 3.5
Hi, I'd like to install Turbo Delphi on my laptop running .NET 3.5, I get a message saying that Delphi requires SP1 of .NET v1.1 to be installed. I'm not sure what to do, maybe I need to roll back my .NET installaion to v1.1 in order to install Turbo Delphi, and then upgrade .NET back to 3.5 afterwards? michael collier wrote: > Hi, > > I'd like to install Turbo Delphi on my laptop running .NET 3.5, I get > a message saying that Delphi requires SP1 of .NET v1.1 to be > installed. > > I'm not sure what to do, maybe I need to roll back my .N...

.net framework 3.5 incompatibe with firfox 3.1 beta 3
Name: Abel B. Alvarez, Jr. Email: riogranderiveratlivedotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: .net framework 3.5 incompatibe with firfox 3.1 beta 3 Comments: ..net framework 3.5 compatible with Firefox 3.1 beta 3 When will it work with framework 3.5 Abel Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender ...

Can I switch from .Net 3.5 to .Net 3
After finishing the website that I built in VS 2008 and has AjaxControlToolkit controls. I was informed by the network admin that the server has .Net 3 and that we can't install .Net 3.5. I tried to change the application settings from Property Page --> Build node, and then select .Net Framework 3.0 from Target Framework Dropdownlist, and then click OK BUT then I can't run my application I get error message and the     <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />   is unknown even when I try ...

MVC Toolkit compatibility with .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
I downloaded the source for the MVC Toolkit and tried to build it in VS 2008. Prior to setting up the MVC Toolkit I also installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1. The project does not build. References to DynamicMetaMember, DynamicMetaTable, DynamicMetaForeignKeyMember cannot be found in the referenced assemblies. There are Image Extension helper methods I want to use that are not available as part of the standard helpers. Has anyone encountered these problems with the latest Service pack? Is the Toolkit now replaced by MVC Futures assembly? Thanks     ...

Installed Extensions 3.5 Preview
Hello everyone!I'm new to ASP.NET and have decided to jump straight in with the MVC framework as I've used MVC's on PHP for a while and love the concept!However, I'm having a few problems getting started.I have installed the Extensions 3.5 Preview and Visual Web Developer Express 2008 but the MVC templates are not available and the 3.6.0.0 extensions (of which the MVC objects are apart) do not appear in the object browser Any help would be greatly appreciated.Regards,Jason (aka Freakish_05)  Hi again everyone.  It turns out my problem was that because I am using ...

Whether .Net Framework 3.5 can be installed without special pack of previous versions?
Whether .Net Framework 3.5 can be installed without special pack of previous versions.?If yes, can you pls give download link     With Regards,T.SwaminathanWeb Application Engineer,Steadfast Technology Services (P) Ltdwww.steadfastglobal.com Can anyone give me the links for visual studio 2008 team suite trial edition download?. Actually i am trying to run blogo.net pages in .net framework 3.5. Even though .net framework 3.5 is installed, still parser error that comes shows that page runs in framework v2.0 .Net Framework 3.5 download from any link automatically instal...

Web resources about - Installation Fails: MVC Preview 3 requires the .NET Framework version 3.5 - asp.net.mvc

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blink Twice video installation at Summer Set Festival: 3D motion faces projected on trees - YouTube
Blink Twice is a video installation that transforms trees into huge 3D faces that smile, move, gesticulate and even follow the viewer's gaze. ...

Ghosts of the Murrumbidgee to come alive in National Museum's eerie installation
Collections from the National Museum of Australia will come alive on Friday night in a ghostly installation on the banks of the Murrumbidgee ...

Australia leads world in household solar panel installations
Australia has the highest rate of household solar panel installation in the world.

Tesla Powerwall home installations are starting for pilot customers
A first look at the consumer-facing Powerwall from Tesla. (credit: Megan Geuss) Tesla has begun shipping 7kWh stationary batteries— branded ...