Sharepoint Max size limits (database size)

Hi,

The call to create a sharepoint site takes a uint, which limits the max sharepoint size to about 3300MB (so nothing larger then 3.3gig).

This is a major problem for us, and i was wondering if anyone knows of a workaround.

 Eric

0
ehanig
10/25/2007 10:15:53 PM
asp.net.mps 1200 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Mailbox size --there is a max size?
I've got several users who's mailbox sizes are well over 4 GB in size. Due to some political issues, I am trying to set a mailbox size limit to say, 200MB OVER what their current size is. But when i go into ConsoleOne and set a limit of anything over 4095, ConsoleOne reverts it back. The docs don't state anything about gwise 6.5 (6.5.2) mailbox size limits actually having a limit of 4 GB Is this working as designed? Kevin Hurni wrote: > But when i go into ConsoleOne and set a limit of anything over 4095, > ConsoleOne reverts it back. Actually yes ...

increase max attchment size / max email message size.
Hello all, I'm having a bit of a issue with max message size. I'm using hmc 4.0. I have set maxsendsize to 50mb on transport hub/exedge and some emails that get over 10mb don't go through. I was wondering if there is a way in hmc to increase max message size. so far I have used. get-TransportConfig ClearCategories                : TrueGenerateCopyOfDSNFor           : {5.4.8, 5.4.6, 5.4.4, 5.2.4, 5.2.0, 5.1.4}InternalSMTPServers   &n...

About translate the data from big size database to small size database! thanks.
Hi: My server is Sybase 11.5 for NT4(called 'a machine'),because something reasons,i create a new database on other machine(called 'b machine'), and made the size different with 'a machine'.then load the .DMP file from 'a machine' into 'b machine'. now , i want to decrease 'b machine' database(device) size. how can i do? or how do migrate the data tables into a different size, some tables use identity data type! Another question is : How can i make a dual server, except mirror. thanks ...

Database size limits
The manual states the file size limit for Sybase 6.03 is 2Gb What is the impact on exceeding this database size ? Would there be any noticeable issues ? What are the options available to address this ? Thanks in Advance Tim Buric Hi, the correct limitations: File size (FAT 12) 16 MB File size (FAT 16) 2 GB File size (FAT 32) 4 GB File size (NTFS, HP-UX 11.0 and later, Solaris 2.6 and later) 256 GB (for 1K pages) 512 GB (for 2K pages) 1 TB (for 4K pages) So with Unix and NT you sould anyway not reach this file system limit. Che...

Database Size Limit
Hi, Am looking at the difference in DBase size limits between ASA 6.0.4 and ASA 8.0. I know that this depends on the platform configuration,i.e. RAM, Hard Disk Space and so on, but just looking at a ballpark figure. Want to know until what point can the dbase of 6.0 and 8.0 grow comfortably before it starts impacting the replication? Thanks, Glenn. I assume that by "DBase", you mean database? If that's what you mean, please say so (or say 'db'). dBase is a trademark of dBase, Inc. In article <10FB2857477F4F590080757885256CB7.0080758885256CB7@w...

i have a error message when i log in with username?? error message is that CREATE DATABASE or ALTER DATABASE failed because the resulting cumulative database size would exceed your licensed limit of 4
hello friends i have a error message when i log in with username. error message is below.. i use VS 2008 professional edition 90 days trial version. i used SQL 2005 expression version but i uninstalled it and i install SQL 2005 Enterprise version..but i see Express Edition with Advanced Services when i look at version information.. What should i do fix my error ? Cheers CREATE DATABASE or ALTER DATABASE failed because the resulting cumulative database size would exceed your licensed limit of 4096 MB per database.An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\Users\Jet\Deskto...

Database Size Estimation same as actual data size?
Hi, I want to estimate the size of a database from the table structure and the estimated data volume. Example : A table has a structure as shown below : CWLL_MAIN ( ID int, MO char(15), Ctr1 int, Ctr2 int, ... Ctr100 int ) go Create clustered index idx1 on CWLL_MAIN(ID, MO) go The Total size per row = 4+15+100*4 = 419 Bytes. Estimated Rows in table= 1000000 Can we say that the table size = 1000000*419 bytes ? Does sybase stores the data in compressed format or directly stores ? Thanks in Advance Regards Vasanth Vasanth wrote: > ...

Database size Vs offiles folder size
I made a gwcheck to check the user databases and if I add all user databases size, it gives me 130GB. But, only in offiles folder, there are more than 200GB. Does it mean that there are files with no owner? How can I maintain that? We need more free space on that volume, actually it has less than 15% of free space. Thankyou! FM Fabio, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: -...

Samba
Hye, I am using OpenSuse 11.1. I installed samba and the version is 3.2.7-11.3.2. My samba setup was successful. I can view my share folder in another Windows XP computer which is in the same network. Now i want to limit the size for shared folder. For example:- limiting a user to access only 20mb size for a shared folder. I tried modifying the fstab in /etc using quota command. But when i restart, repair filesystem appeared. So i used command to copy back the original fstab file.Maybe the method i used was wrong. Can u plz guide me the proper way? I just want to limit the size of access to a shared folder. Thank you. -- Rebecz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ooppss sorry.. i should state the problem like this.. For example:- A user from windows XP wanted to copy a folder into linux-pc shared folder. The user can only copy a folder within 20mb size range. If the folder size is above 20mb, the user cannot copy the folder. How can i do this using Samba? -- Rebecz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rebecz's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=35353 View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=423401 Hye again... My smb.conf file is like this.. Code: -------------------- [global] add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -c Machine -d /var/lib/nobody -s /bin/false %m$ domain...

Max size of a Firebird database
What is the maximum size of a firebird database on Windows XP? Can I use dbExpress to query any size Firebird database? Pier > What is the maximum size of a firebird database on Windows XP? The maximun size depends on your hard drive partition. You can check this link: http://www.firebirdfaq.org/faq59/ Hernando. Hernando Duque wrote: >> What is the maximum size of a firebird database on Windows XP? > > The maximun size depends on your hard drive partition. You can check this link: http://www.firebirdfaq.org/faq59/ > > Hernando. Hernando, that link is w...

Database Row Size Limit
Hi, All,I came cross a problem like this.Cannot create a row of size which is greater than the allowable maximum of 8060  Is there any method to solve this ?   This is by design, determined by data page size 8KB. Do you really need such a large row? You can put large columns like VARCHAR(8000) into TEXT columns.Welcome to my SQL/ASPNET forum for Chinese http://51up.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=38...

Max K9 database size?
Does K9 have a max size or will it just continue to grow. I have been getting a lot of missed spam it the last few days. might have been from copying the dat files after receiving smart HD failure warring in my laptop. The HD did not survive to complete the backup. After restoring my email backup files from K9 and rebuilding my database I was surprised at the results. Size words Size Words Good 308.5K 27,275 after rebuild 292.4K 25,925 Spam 50.0K 57,821 after rebuild 1,188.6K 102,432 ...

Max Database size for ASA8 ?
Hello, Does anyone have details on the max database size, max number of rows, tables, columns etc in an ASA 8.0.3 database ? Thanks in advance. The ASA documentation does. Look for "limitations" in the index. For an NTFS file system with 4 KB page size, you are looking at 1 TB per dbspace. Each database can consist of 13 files. So, the theoretical limit is 13 TBs (if you opt for 8k pages, it can be 26 TBs). Cache size is limited to between 1.8 and 2.7 GBs without the use of AWE memory on windows. It is limited by (Available memory -128 MBs) for AWE based cach...

Limit on Database name size?
I am attempting to have DBsrv50.nlm (on novell5.0 running sqla 5.5.04 bld 1929) handle two seperate databases; I am using the @ parameter to tell the server to get its commands from a file; all is well to this point; The first database is located and no errors are reported; when the server tries to get the next database I get a message on the console : Could not find (locate) the specified database; the two databases are located on the same drive in the following directories: p:\ma\netdata\marswsql.db p:\ma\netdata2\marswsql2.db If I change the name of the seco...

Limiting size of SQLite database
I have an extension that makes frequent requests to RSS feeds and stores their items in a SQLite database using the Storage service. As you can imagine, the size of the database grows quickly. I make sure to delete items from the DB that are older than 5 days on browser startup. But I am worried about fragmentation. I know there is a VACUUM SQLite command for defragmenting the db file, but the operation is too slow to consider. Is there a way of limiting the disk size of the SQLite db? Or does anyone have any performance suggestions to offer? from http://sqlite.org/pragma.html...

Max ASA Database Size
Hi, We are building a financial system that will utilise ASA. It will be a SQL Remote Environment. The central, consolidated ASA database looks like being around 6-7 GB in size. Being brought up on ASE, this seems a little large for ASA to handle. Can anyone provide real world examples of an ASA database of this size. I'm looking for concrete, real work examples, not salesmans answers here. Many thanks Matt There was a guy who posted a msg just recently on this forum who claims to be running a 20GB database on ASA! My feeling is that the techniques that ASA ...

Message Database size limit
What is the maximum size limit of a message database. I thought I saw somewhere that the message database becomes unrecognizable if it's either 0kb or over 2GB. If 2GB is the limit, and one of my message databases is currently larger than that, how do I shrink or reduce the size? Or is this even possible? I have a backup of the msg.db that is slightly smaller than 2GB but it's a few days old and I don't know how to prevent it from growing larger than 2GB. I'm having a ton of groupwise problems accross two separate POs, both of which have at least one message database that ...

mailbox max size limit?
Is there a limit or a recommend size (message count) to have the mailboxes at in Groupwise 5.5? I've got a client that has one user with over 7000 messages in her inbox. -- .. Drew Oglesby wrote: > Is there a limit or a recommend size (message count) to have the mailboxes > at in Groupwise 5.5? I've got a client that has one user with over 7000 > messages in her inbox. > Mike wrote: I'd be real interested in knowing if there is an "official" maximum number of mail items in a mailbox also. I have a few users who have...

Database Size and Limitation on x64
If I understand it correctly, Sybase ASA 9.0.1 and higher support 64-bit. I will use it on Windows Standard Edition 64-Bit, which support up to 32GB RAM and the Machine will have AMD DualCore. Are the Sybase limitations on Windows / Linux x64 identical to Windows / Linux x86 ? Database size, Cache size etc=85 What are the main differences between ASA x86 and x64 (Windows / Linux) ? Database size limitations (if you call 1TB for a 4K page size a limitation) are the same for all 32bit & 64bit versions of SQLAnywhere. The 64bit servers are not restricted by the 32bit addr...

Size limit on database name ?
I am attempting to have DBsrv50.nlm (on novell5.0 running sqla 5.5.04 bld 1929) handle two seperate databases; I am using the @ parameter to tell the server to get its commands from a file; all is well to this point; The first database is located and no errors are reported; when the server tries to get the next database I get a message on the console : Could not find (locate) the specified database; the two databases are located on the same drive in the following directories: p:\ma\netdata\marswsql.db p:\ma\netdata2\marswsql2.db If I change the name of the seco...

<svg> size limited by window size
Hello, I have encountered the following bug in Firefox 2: the actual width and height of the SVG root element do not grow larger than the width and height of the window (the client area, specifically) even when explicitly assigned larger values. Is there a known workaround for this? Thanks. Rumith wrote: > Hello, I have encountered the following bug in Firefox 2: the actual > width and height of the SVG root element do not grow larger than the > width and height of the window (the client area, specifically) even > when explicitly assigned larger values. > Is there a k...

Cache page size vs database cache size
Hello everyone...I was wondering about the implications of attaching databases with different page sizes to the same ASA 7 server and came up with the following scenario: Given 1 server and a mixture of 2k and 4K databases - the server cache page size is at least 4K. Which scenario is better: 1) Don't worry about it even though there will be a mismatch between database page sizes and the cache page size or 2) Change the page size of the databases that use 2K , to 4K (which isn't their optimal page size) so that they match the page size of the server cache Any tho...

GWIA silent max size limit ?
Hello, I've met a problem with large messages: using GWIA, users in our "unlimited" Class of Service on GWIA (GW6 SP4) cannot receive larges messages. A message appears in the GWIA log: DMN: Send Failure 552 5.2.3 exceeds maximum message size (20000000) although both sender and receiver are members of the unlimited CoS. Is there a general limit to message size somewhere ? FGM Er that's a SEND. Are you sure it's not the other mail server getting that? -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.o...

Change max. mailbox size in MPS
Hi All, i can't seem to find out where to change the max mailbox size of an account in such a way that the MPS front-end will report the correct max. size of the mailbox. Currently when i use MPS to enable exchange on an account the max. mailboxsize is 10Mb. When i then change the max. size on the exchange server where the account is on it works good but MPS keeps reporting the max. size is 10Mb. Thanks for any help. gr, Marcel Hey Marcel,   First of all, you definitely don’t want to change the mailbox size via ESM. As soon as you start making changes like that, MPS will be out...

Web resources about - Sharepoint Max size limits (database size) - asp.net.mps

Home - SharePoint Buzz
Turn on more accessible mode Turn off more accessible mode Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content To navigate through the Ribbon, use standard ...

Sharepoint Outlook Email Solution - EmailFiler
Tired of uploading emails to SharePoint one by one? EmailFiler is a SharePoint email solution that lets you drag emails to SharePoint from within ...

SharePoint Magazine
Your Premier Source for SharePoint Information

Microsoft SharePoint Workspace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2010 (14.0.4761.1000) / June 15, 2010 ; 3 years ago ( 2010-06-15 ) where different organizations do not share a common security infrastructure ...

SharePoint - Collaboration Software for the Enterprise
SharePoint collaboration software helps simplify business intelligence, content management, search, and sharing for intranet and internet sites. ...

Formotus: Business forms for data collection and SharePoint on the App Store on iTunes
Get Formotus: Business forms for data collection and SharePoint on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Todd Klindt's SharePoint Podcast 253 - Long Time Listener First Time Caller - YouTube
In tonight's podcast I talk a lot about Windows 10. How to install it, where to install it, ways it won't let me install it, the whole gamut. ...

International Airlines Group deploys Office 365 - IAG, lync, Sharepoint, Yammer, chief information officer ...
The International Airlines Group (IAG) has deployed Microsoft Office 365 as its business communication solution to enable anytime, anywhere collaboration ...

Six Reasons to Empower Your SharePoint Citizen Developers - CIO
Information Technology strategy insight for senior IT management - resources to understand and leverage information technology.

SharePoint-Yammer integration promising, but a long-term plan - applications, Microsoft, Yammer, software ...
CIOs and IT managers tracking the progress of the SharePoint-Yammer integration got more details about the road map this week, but the updates ...