MPS Web Services VS WES Web services

Hi All,

I am new to this post and I am looking for clarifications on HMC 4.5 provisioning. I am building an sample application that uses the MPS Web Services to provision HMC 4.5. I am confused with the terminology difference between a MPS Web Service and a WES  Web service. I have a architecture diagram for HMC 4.5 provisioning where in MPS can be connected to as follows:

a) Sample Provisioning UI ----> MPS Web Services ------> MPF Client Wrapper .Net ----> .....

b) Connected Services Framework (CSF) ----> WES Web Services -----> MPF Client Wrapper .Net ----> .....

Now it seems that we could provision HMC 4.5 in 2 ways i.e. using MPS Web Services and via the WES Web service. What are the differences between the MPS and WES Web Services?

The MPS SDK documentation section titled "Generate ASP.NET 2.0 Web Services" speaks about WES and not about MPS Web services. That is the section leading to confusion.

The "Sample Provisioning UI Dev .Net solution" i.e. "MPSSampleWebUI.sln" (that ships as part of MPS SDK or HMC 4.5 solution kit) has web references to Hosted AD, Hosted Email 2007 and the web URI for example is "--http://provfe/mpsws/hostedemail2007/service.asmx".

Does this mean that the MPSSampleWebUI.sln invokes the MPS Web Services? If not, can some one point me to a sample .Net solution that invokes the MPS Web services? I am also looking for WSDLs for the MPS Web Services (I am assuming that the WSDL resulting from the Service.asmx file mentioned above is WES).

Any help/clarification in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks

Nandi

0
nandi
9/5/2008 1:28:30 PM
asp.net.mps 1200 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I share this confusion, did you figure it out ?

Lars

0
larswise

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Verify MPS and MPS Web services are running correctly and that the web.config are set correctly
Hi We have HMC 3.5 FP1 Usually it works... Now we found a problem when we change the SAM Account ether directly in AD or with the function RenameUser. After this change when the user wants to login to the Control panel (e.q. to change his password) he cannot login he receives an error message: Verify MPS and MPS Web services are running correctly and that the web.config are set correctly If I change the SAM name back as it was before it works again. Any idea why? Where is this SAM Account name stored? How can I change it correctly? Thanks for help Martin just wondering - have you def...

multiple web services vs one web service?
Hi,Can someone tell me in term of performance and flexibility which approach is better: Using multiple web services within an application, each web service contains only 1 web method VS using a single Web Service with multiple web methods..(each web method will retrieve data from  the database and populate the Web form). I want to know if it is better to transform each web method to web service or to regroup all web methods in only one Web Service.Thanks in advance. Use one WebService. For each Web Service you'll need a WebReference in VS. 1 WebService = 1 WebReference ...

Is web services a part of web Service?

Another MPS problem while trying to install MPS web services
I was able to get down to the part in the install where it wants you to Install MPS Web Services. IT installed the web services just fine but #11 where it says to right click prov01 under webservices and select user input...i get the following...ee the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text **************System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   at Microsoft.Provisioning.DeploymentTool.DlgWebSiteVirtualDir.ValidateName(String name)   at...

Adding a VS.NET web reference for more than one web service?
I have a web app exposing several web services: SignOnService.asmx UserService.asmx AdminService.asmx etc I have a Winform app that consumes these services. When I go to Add Web Reference in the winform app, I have to add each one individually as their own web reference. How would I set this up so that they can all be added as one web reference? I think you will have to add them to one file (.cs or .vb) the reason they are comming up separately is becuase they are seperate, they are seperate web services(asmx files), classes and have seperate WSDL description...

Creating Web Service
Hello everyone, I am creating a new web service, and was wondering what you all thought the advantages and disadvantages of creating it using a Web Site vs using a Web Application Project...thoughts?  Is one better than the other in terms of deployment?  Is one better for development and debugging? Thanks! Hi d_helland, To understand which one is prefer to your situation, please read the following two articles. What's New in Web Projectshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/f7fb46ye(VS.80).aspx Introduction to Web Application Projectshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en...

What action by a web service requires an app to update their web reference to a Web Service
I create a web reference to a web service in my aspx web application which returns an XML object. If the owner of the web service makes a change to their object am I required to do an update web reference? What if I dont use the information from the new object? thanks Larry You should make the change only if the contract b/w the two has changed (e.g. parameters, return values), etc.-Mathew Nolton Website=www.cybral.com Email=mnolton@cybral.com Blog=weblogs.asp.net/mnolton If the web service now returns a new element and my class reference doesn't match their new class ref...

Web resources about - MPS Web Services VS WES Web services - asp.net.mps

Public Broadcasting Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... such as PBS NewsHour , Masterpiece , and Frontline . Since the mid-2000s, Roper polls commissioned by PBS have consistently placed the service ...

ESPN president says Apple ‘frustrated’ over building TV service, expects new packages in 2016
... Apple reportedly hopes to offer on its set-top box, the ESPN exec says that Apple has been “frustrated” with the process of building a service ...

Chinese consumer demand set to drive services economy
Despite the market turmoil Chinese consumer demand is holding up well and that will help Australia.

WhatsApp drops annual 99¢ fee , vows service will remain ad-free
(credit: Warner Bros.) Facebook's lip-service 69p ($1) annual subscription fee for its WhatsApp messaging service has been dropped by the company. ...

listen to Jarvis Cocker's all-Bowie tribute edition of "Sunday Service" BBC radio show
... Yavin) Jarvis Cocker had already paid tribute to the late David Bowie but, unsurprisingly, dedicated the entirety of this week's "Sunday Service" ...

Password service LastPass was forced to increase its security
... email address and passwords. In response to Cassidy's post, LastPass upped the security requirements for people trying to log into the service. ...

Netflix Laughs Off NBC’s Obsession With Streaming Service’s Ratings
... TV “has been remarkably negative in terms of the quality of shows.” Another reason why ratings may be a pointless metric for streaming services: ...

Verizon Tests Net Neutrality With 'FreeBee' Zero Rating Service -
... on "zero rating," or the controversial practice of exempting some data from customer usage caps. Verizon's new " FreeBee " sponsored data service ...

How to become a certified Amazon Web Services engineer
How to become a certified Amazon Web Services engineer

Are Enterprises Taking On More Cloud Services Than They Can Handle?
... sense to have a lot of clouds doing different things for the enterprise? A recentstudy suggests enterprises may be taking on more cloud services ...