Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

Came in this morning and im getting the following error in our Provisioning tool. This was working as of yesterday and no changes were made to the web.config file. Ive failed over the cluster on the sql servers and also restarted the provisioning engine.

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

The SQL server is setup for mixed mode authentication and ive opened my web.config file with visual studio and can make a connection with the same sql user and pass thats in my web.config to the proper databases.

 The provisioning server and sql server are individual boxes on the same domain.

Event log error when im trying to connect:

A failure occurred while connecting to the transaction log database.

Connection String = 'server='MPSSQLVS01';database='MPFTranLogData''.

SQL server reported errors:

[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Any Ideas?

0
fairview
2/1/2008 4:32:15 PM
asp.net.mps 1200 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Resolved my issue. I went into IIS to the MPSWEB virtual directory and went into properties, directory security, and turned off anonymous access. I then turned it back on and it worked fine. Seems like it lost permissions somehow and switched to null instead of the local IUSR_servername authentication.

0
fairview

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
Dear All,I am trying to establish a connection to my SQL Server which is on the Remote machine. My ASP.Net application is on the local machine. Below is my connection string: <appSettings><add key="NorthConn" value="server=ABC;integrated security=sspi;database=Northwind"/></appSettings>The North wind Database has the following user accounts:1) ABC\ASPNET2)ABC\IUSR_ABCboth of these accounts have permissions granted to them.My SQL Server has both Windows and SQL Server authentication checked. I checked the properties of my  web project in IIS  and it has both Anony...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
Hi i installed msde with follwoing attributes for a project DotnetNUke..C:\sql2ksp3\MSDE\>Setup.exe SAPWD="password "INSTANCENAME="DNNV3" SECURITYMODE=SQLin my web.config file here is what i am using==><appSettings>    <add key="SiteSqlServer" value="Server=(local);Database=DNNV3;uid=;pwd=password;" />   but i am getting below error...can anyone PLEASE help me on this.thanks a lotInstalling DotNetNukeUpgrade Error: ERROR: Could not connect to database specified in connectionString for SqlDataProvider   ---------------------------------------------...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
I dont believe that no one can help me in this damn error,Please, I'm gonne lose my job offer If I didnt fix this. I have spent 7 days searching with no use !! I use ASP.NET 2.0 with C# to develop an intranet site, it was working perfectly when i was on Visual Studio, when i tried to publish the site it gave me that error. Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. the web application on IIS server, windows 2003 - the database on a different server windows 2003, sql server 2000. Regaeding that we have proxy server, one fi...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection #3
Hi I have am developing on xp machine with iis 5.1 and trying to connect to a seperate windows 2003 machine with mssql 2000 installed.I would like to use a trusted connection and I added an asp account on the sql server with permissions to the database and also edited the security tab on IIS to have this account. I unchecked allow IIS to control this password.  When I look in the event viewer on my local machine I get an error:Process information:     Process ID: 2388     Process name: aspnet_wp.exe     Account name: MACHINENAME\ASPNET &...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection #2
Hello,since now we had the SQL Server(2000,SP4) and the IIS on one Windows 2003 Server running. Now we shared both. One Server for SQL Server and one for the IIS. But now we always get this error Message:Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connectionHas anyone an idea how we can solve the problem ? On the IIS Integrated Windows Authentication is activated.GreetingsBN...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. #2
Basic setup IIS 6 with ASP.Net 2.0, Integrated Windows Authentication turned on (anonymous turned off) SQL Server 2000 with Windows Only Authentication on (SQL Server authentication turned off) web.config file contains the following relevant entries:<identity impersonate="true" /><authentication mode=Windows" /> connection string:Data Source=[server name]; Integrated Security=SSPI; Initial Catalog=[database name]; When I run my query on my development server, it runs perfectly. When I run it on the production server (which is just an exact xcopy of the development web site...

Web resources about - Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. - asp.net.mps