The page requires session state that is no longer available

Since deploying my application to my live hosting site and trying the mobile application for the first time on a live mobile phone (Nokia 6310i) I keep getting the following error when moving from one form to another. . .

The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit.
I have looked through all the posts relating to this and most seem to be addressing this problem when it occurs in development or on a emulator. I had no problems in this area, only when I put it live did my troubles begin.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Cheers
Mark
0
scrumbeans
9/10/2004 11:03:35 AM
asp.net.mobile_devices 3052 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Try out cookiesless session in ur application add this code to ur web.config file.

<system.web>
<sessionState cookieless="true" timeout="10"/>
</system.web>

Vinodh Kumar

Microsoft MVP|Author|Arch

www.dotnetforce.com

Force Behind .NET

mobilemagic
9/10/2004 1:08:44 PM
That was exactly the problem. Thanks for your help.

Mark
0
mark_anscomb
9/10/2004 6:26:46 PM
Greetings,

I have the same problem, I've just started with .NET Mobile. I tried the "cookieless" but I get the same message error. I am working with imode handsets.
Please advice.
Thanks in advance

Sisifos

Greetings from Greece
0
sisifos
9/22/2004 12:27:43 PM
<httpRuntime useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="true" />

This will solve it.
Sisifos

Greetings from Greece
0
sisifos

The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increas
Hi.. I am making a mobile application using .net framework 2.0. My Application has  web farm scenario so for state management  I am using Sateserver in my application. My application runs fine if I dont use web farm scenario But in case of web farm scenario it is giving me error "The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit."   &...

"The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increa
Hi.. I am making a mobile application using .net framework 2.0. My Application has web farm scenario so for state management I am using Sateserver in my application. My application runs fine if I dont use web farm scenario But in case of web farm scenario it is giving me error "The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit." I am not getting why this error is coming ..Though I already h...

The page requires session state that is no longer available..
When using MobileControls in .Net 2.0 it seems whenever a user's session times out and they do a post back they get the error: The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit.If I disable viewstate for the page this error won't happen but I get other errors when asp.net tries to re-bind the values of drop downs.To reproduce this issue create Default.aspx with <%@ Page Language=&q...

The page requires session state that is no longer available.
Hi i am new in developing a wap application by asp.net . i get the following error   The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit."   Any one help me , How to short this problem. shames web developerTechwave.com This is because you are using Session Variables in ur page. Session is by default 20 minutes... please go through the link below for more r...

MobilePage and SessionState Error "Page requires session state that is no longer available"
I get the "Page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, ....." error when I use Inherits System.Web.UI.MobileControls.MobilePage but i can use a page just find that just inherits UI.Page. I've tried setting cookieless=true...setting the historySize greater, and increasing the timeout, nothing works!.  I'm using a blackberry to access the page. Like I said, It's not an issue with a regular page...i can post back and retain info just fine.....but i want to take advantage of the mobile controls....What gives????...

Unable to use session state server....requires session state server version 2.0 or above.
So, I have Windows 2003 IIS latest service packs running. Its running .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 applications in seperate application pools. Just today I applied the following patch to the server. (The server is not running any 3.0 or 3.5 applications or application pools)  Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86 Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 is a full cumulative update that contains many new features building incrementally upon .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and includes cumulative servicing upda...

Page requires session state error if application open in multiple browsers on same machine
I have an asp.net mobile application and I have found that if you open multiple instances of the application on the same machine (on a desktop node), then the exception "The page requires session state that is no longer available..." is thrown.  It would appear that there is only 1 session cookie per machine.  Perhaps this makes sense because on the actual mobile device you can only have one instance of IE running.  Is there any way to allow for multiple instances of the application.  In other words; can you force unique session cookies?  If not, are there...

Session("userCount")=0 in Application_Start
Dear Experts I followed the video tutorial No.2 that demonstrates no of users accessing the website at a given moment. In the global.aspx on Application_Start i have intialized a session variable as follows Session("userCount")=0and am incrementing this in Session_Start event as follows Session("userCount") +=1 When i debug and run the application i get the following error Server Error in '/SessionTest' Applicaiton. Session state is not available in this context (in the Application_Start Event) When i hit the refresh button a couple of times it works. but open another window the cou...

How can Content Page Sub Page_Load read Master Page session state?
Using the ASP.NET 2.0 Session State Server. MasterPage has a radiobuttonlist btnAB with two radiobuttons A and B. I am able to store index and values for A and B in Session("btnABIndex") and Session('btnABValue")   and read these from any Master Page VB sub routine when the radiobutton is initialized on Master Page Load or button is selected forcing page reload. In the Content Page, I added the <@MasterType directive>. But attempting to retrieve Master Page session state information in the Content Page Sub Page_Load, such as showing session state in a label control as a...

Session is not available on some pages.
Hi all, I have developing a simple website using ASP.NET 1.1. i have a login.aspx, where i authenticate user and puts username in session variable as follows:Session["Username"] = "abc";and redirect user to another page named index.aspx. Whenever i access this session variable in index.aspx page as follows: if(Session["Username"] != null){doSomething;} here in index.aspx, it finds this sesion variable. but on some of my pages the above code did'nt find this session variables, don't know why?What i am missing on other web forms?Any suggestions? Regards,Imran Ghani.Imran Abdul Ghani Hi,...

Session availability in base page
I've created a base page on a project I'm working on and I'm having all of the pages within the site inherit from it. I'm trying to include all globally needed functionality in it including session management. The problem I'm running in to is that anytime I use session in the base page in its page_load event I end up getting a null reference exception. For instance I've been testing with this bit of code:        HttpContext.Current.Session["test"] = "test";        Response.Write((string)HttpContext.Current.Session["test"])...

Session to hold page state
Hi I am fairly new to ASP.net and I need some advice on how to write a session that will hold a view of a treeview. What I have  are a number of treeviews that are held in panels, and each panel is visible when the user selects the treeview from a dropdown list. However, I want to keep the user selected treeview visible on the page when the user posts back the page when carrying out another action on the page. Unfortunately, I can't use AJAX or any javascript as it is an internal system, and therefore, I would like to try and do this as a session, but I am not sure how I can ...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server.
 Hello,           I’m receiving this error when I put my website on production."Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.  If the server is on the local machine, and if the before men...

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server
Hi all, I'm working on the website http://universityauction.net and I was using session variables using InProc session mode to manage session state. This worked fine until I put the website in a load balanced environment, as inproc sessions get lost when jumping from server to server. I decided to move to a state server mode, so I changed my web.config to: <sessionState             mode="StateServer"             stateConnectionString="tcpip=123.456.7.8:42424"      ...

Web resources about - The page requires session state that is no longer available - asp.net.mobile_devices

'Suspicious' Fire Breaks Out at Texas Mosque on Christmas Day
NBCNews.com 'Suspicious' Fire Breaks Out at Texas Mosque on Christmas Day NBCNews.com A "suspicious" two-alarm fire broke out at a Houston ...

Syrian Rebels Mourn Loss of Leader, Name Replacement
Voice of America Syrian Rebels Mourn Loss of Leader, Name Replacement Voice of America December 26, 2015 8:23 AM. Syrian militant groups mourned ...

Tornado hits Birmingham as severe weather batters the South
A tornado hit Birmingham, Ala., on Friday, causing damage over about a two square mile area as the wave of severe weather that hit the South ...

The Latest: Flooding Expected to Hit Northern Alabama
The Latest: Flooding expected to hit northern Alabama following days of heavy rain

Behind the scenes, Pakistan's military helped revive talks with India
By Mehreen Zahra-Malik ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - The quiet involvement of Pakistan's powerful military in its foreign policy this year paved the ...

Evacuation of Islamic State fighters from Damascus delayed
Hindustan Times Evacuation of Islamic State fighters from Damascus delayed Reuters BEIRUT A U.N.-sponsored deal to evacuate more than 2,000 ...

A Boxing Day explainer
LONDON (AP) — In Britain and other countries like Australia and Canada, the day after Christmas is a secular national holiday known as Boxing ...

Obama to service members: We never take you for granted
CNN Obama to service members: We never take you for granted CNN Washington (CNN) President Barack Obama thanked troops and their families ...

Imprisoned Journalist Able to Celebrate Part of Christmas with Family - FOX40
(CNN) Imprisoned Washington Post journalist Jason Rezaian got a surprise Christmas gift Friday while being held in an Iranian prison. Rezaian, ...

The Week in Pictures: Steve Harvey Edition
(Steven Hayward) I have a hunch Steve Harvey is going to be the gift that keeps on giving, for his horrendous gaffe at the Miss Universe competition ...