MobilePage and SessionState Error "Page requires session state that is no longer available"

I get the "Page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, ....." error when I use Inherits System.Web.UI.MobileControls.MobilePage

but i can use a page just find that just inherits UI.Page.

I've tried setting cookieless=true...setting the historySize greater, and increasing the timeout, nothing works!.  I'm using a blackberry to access the page.

Like I said, It's not an issue with a regular page...i can post back and retain info just fine.....but i want to take advantage of the mobile controls....What gives????

Please HELP

0
Jorel
6/29/2007 4:40:21 PM
asp.net.mobile_devices 3052 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Have you checked the IIS Log? The cookieless session is using token string in the URL to indicate its session. e.g.

http://localhost/MobileQuickStart/(p5bbz555jx3f34552km4bn55)/Default.aspx?url=doc/HowToView.aspx

The existence of (p5bbz555jx3f34552km4bn55) indicates that cookieless sessions are enabled for this application. So I think if you look for the last occurrence of the string token before the problem occurred, the log entries around the time may contains information telling what had happened.

Zhao Ji Ma
Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
0
Zhao
7/4/2007 5:31:03 AM

Yeah, I couldn't find any error in the log file when cookieless sessions are enabled?  Like I said, the page never opens up initaially, just trys to redirect 7 or 8 times and then comes back with a max number of redirects reached.

How come a regular ui.page works fine (viewstate and session), but a ui.mobilepage bombs out?

I need more of an explaination of mobilepage, because any tutorial or example i follow will not work.

Jorel
7/5/2007 2:58:42 PM

 as far i know session state is not present in wap.

Thanks,
Kamrul Hassan

please mark as answer if it helps u.
0
kamrul3d
7/8/2007 8:45:41 AM

Check iis application pool for that application to assure that the recycle worker process is set to default.  The default is unchecked for everything on the "recycle" page.

Also on the Identity tab, the security account is usually "network service".

jcg

0
grimms1
7/12/2007 4:26:16 PM

Try setting SessionState to StateServer e.g.

 <sessionState mode="StateServer" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"/>

Remember to start  ASP.NET State Service from Services MMC.

HTH

0
MikeLim

Do you use a tilde ("~") in a path?

For mobile pages, if your application relies on cookieless sessions, or might receive requests from mobile devices that require cookieless sessions, using a tilde ("~") in a path can result in inadvertently creating a new session and potentially losing session data. To set a property on a mobile control with a path such as "~/path", resolve the path using ResolveUrl "~/path" before assigning it to the property.

Zhao Ji Ma
Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
0
Zhao

"The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increa
Hi.. I am making a mobile application using .net framework 2.0. My Application has web farm scenario so for state management I am using Sateserver in my application. My application runs fine if I dont use web farm scenario But in case of web farm scenario it is giving me error "The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit." I am not getting why this error is coming ..Though I already h...

Error message
Hello,I have developed an ASP.NET c# application.I have a "Reports" page in which i put the the report's DataTable in a session (to use it later on for paging and sorting).This works on my localhost but on production I get the follwong error:Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic...

The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increas
Hi.. I am making a mobile application using .net framework 2.0. My Application has  web farm scenario so for state management  I am using Sateserver in my application. My application runs fine if I dont use web farm scenario But in case of web farm scenario it is giving me error "The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit."   &...

Good news for those of you who get "Unable to make the session state request to the session state server." error..
Dear all,Due to the known problem of session variables getting lost if using InProc-server during frequent changes in development, I had to choose between SQL and ASP.NET State server, so I opted for the second. Initially, all fine, but after using it for a few days, I started to get this error: Server Error in '/cv2' Application.Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accep...

"Error on page" when clciking "Jobs" in "Printer Control" with iManager
Hello all, I have the following issue in iManager : when I click on "Jobs" in "Printer Control" tab for a printer object, I have the following error message : "Error on page"/"Done with Error" in the left down corner of my Internet Explorer (v6.0) If I double click on the error message, I have either "Expected ')'" or "Object Expected" in the error description window. What surprise me is the fact that it occurs only on printers from one of our four NDPSM. (This is why I didn't post on the imanager forum) Tho...

Beta2 : Error >> {"Session state is not available in this context."} (in global.asax)
I still have a problem to upgrade my application to Beta2.... Maybe you'll could help me for this one : I have in the global.asax file the following method : void Application_PostAcquireRequestState(Object sender, EventArgs e){   // Code that runs when a user is authenticated   if ((User.Identity.IsAuthenticated) && (Session["idCedant"] == null))  {      // Récupère l'utilisateur enregistré      MembershipUser user = Membership.GetUser(User.Identity.Name);      Guid uid = new Gu...

Session("userCount")=0 in Application_Start
Dear Experts I followed the video tutorial No.2 that demonstrates no of users accessing the website at a given moment. In the global.aspx on Application_Start i have intialized a session variable as follows Session("userCount")=0and am incrementing this in Session_Start event as follows Session("userCount") +=1 When i debug and run the application i get the following error Server Error in '/SessionTest' Applicaiton. Session state is not available in this context (in the Application_Start Event) When i hit the refresh button a couple of times it works. but open another window the cou...

{"Session state can only be used when enableSessionState is set to true, either in a configuration file or in the Page directive." error
Hi. Wonder if anyone can help me out. The above error occurs when I add the statement in below in my web.config. I have tried adding "<add name="Session" type="System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule" />" but doesn't seem to resolve the error.  FormsAuthSession is a class that implements IHttpModule. This class is used to make sure that the current request is associated with current login session.Any ideas? <httpModules><add name="FormsAuthSession" type="FormsAuthSession" /> </httpModules> ...

Migrating Session "In proc" from "State Server"
Hi all, I am using Asp.net with vb.net I just migrate the session state In proc to State server... but it gives error.... "Unable to serialize the session state. Please note that non-serializable objects or MarshalByRef objects are not permitted when session state mode is 'StateServer' or 'SQLServer'" I just stored Login Name and some other string properties of User is session ... like, Session("UserName") = strUserName or Session("UserType") = strUserType. "strUserName" and "strUserType" both are string. Any idea ? thanks, SajjadPlease Mark as Answer, if the post Solve you...

Mac OsX -no "page down" or "page up"
Name: Kurt Email: bruderkurt_at_yahoo.com Product: Bon Echo Summary: Mac OsX -no "page down" or "page up" Comments: Congratulations to you on Bon Echo Alpha 1! I'm using OSx for the Mac and the "page down" and "page up" buttons don't operate with Bon Echo (when wanting to scroll the page itself). They haven't operated with earlier Mac Firefox versions either, in my experience. I love Firefox, its speed and features. I'm loving the same and more with Bon Echo Alpha 1. The "page down" and "page up" wor...

"Error on page" error?
Hello, I have recently set up Webaccess and it seems mostly to behave ok, at least when accessing it internally (on the LAN) but when accessed remotely, two things occur: Sometimes, when clicking on any of the links, I will get a "page not found" error. Then if I reload the page, it will load quite happily. The more annoying thing, though, is when I click on "Compose ...", Search Address Books" or "Search in Mailbox" I get a message on the status bar that says "Error on page" and nothing loads. I found nothing in the KB on this one...

What is a "Session" and a "Request" ??
Hello,  I'm new to ASP.Net 2.0 , and I still can't understand what is a "Session" and what is a "Request" ??   Thank You the client browser will request a page and the Request object will give you information about what page they are requesting. the session is a statebag where you can store information that will continue to exist after the page has executed.  information can be added to the Session in page A and then read back from the Session in page B.  the session object is unique per user - so one users does not see data stored b...

Error during method "CreateMailMessage" from "MailDefinition" object
 Hi, I am having trouble to send E-mail when using maildefinition object. I need to read email body from external txt file, then do some replacements and send it. Only way (what i know - instead of writing my own code), how to get the text  to the body of MailMessage is using the MailDefinition method BodyFileName() When I set everythig up after atempt to send the email I get this error: "The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address." I am sure, that the adress i right(it' even valiated throug regularexpretion validator).  Does any b...

Paging Repeater treating page 11 as "1" and "1" not "11"
Dear AllI have a paging repeater, and I am displaying pages according to the amount of records I am retreiving from the database.  My code is as follows:-ASPX           <asp:Repeater runat="server" ID="rptPageNumbers" OnItemCommand="rptPageNumbers_ItemCommand">              <ItemTemplate>                <asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat=&quo...

Web resources about - MobilePage and SessionState Error "Page requires session state that is no longer available" - asp.net.mobile_devices