How to create SQL Mobile 2005 database from a MS SQL 2005 database?

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find solutions to help me in creating a SQL Mobile 2005 database from a SQL 2005 database, with the same table structure and data.

May I know how can I achieve this?

Thanks.

Regards,
Jenson

0
jensonchew
9/19/2007 7:07:27 AM
asp.net.mobile_devices 3052 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Jenson,

Visual Studio 2005 or SQL Server 2005 is able to open SQL Mobile 2005 database. However you need either SQL or .NET code to convert SQL Mobile 2005 database this way.

Here is an example from MSDN forums which is to convert to xls instead:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=78640&SiteID=1

Zhao Ji Ma
Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
0
Zhao

Move a Table from one SQL 2005 Database to Another SQL 2005 Database
I created a table in an SQL 2005 database, however, I want to move that table and the data to another SQL 2005 database (within the same server). I am new to SQL 2005 and detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Bill You have two options the first is clean but the second is easier.  Try the links below for details.  Hope this helps. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174335.aspx http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188029.aspx  Kind regards,Gift Peddie Thanks, but the documentations is somewhat overwhelming and was hoping of a ba...

SQL Attached mdf database files VS database imported into or created in SQL Server 2005
 Hi all (newbie @ asp.net)(oldie @ ASP 3)What is the purpose of using an attached MDF database files in the App_Data folder on a web site as to importing it into the SQL server directly or creating it on the SQL server. Does a mdf database attached file purely use the SQL server as a connection interface.Is it something similiar to DSN(ODBC) Connections for ms access databases. AFAIK it is only for deployment conveniance, I have always imported the database directly into SQL Server and set up the connection string accordingly.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the...

How do I create a SQL 2005 database from a SQL 2000
I have a SQL 2000 database on one server that I'm trying to transfer to a new server.  The new server has Small Business Server R2 Premium Edition, which includes SQL 2005. I tried to transfer the database in the normal way that I'd create a copy database, which was: -1.   Backup the source database2.   Create a new database (empty) in the new server3.   Restore to this database from the backup taken in #1. Of course on previous occasions I wasn't changing version, but I expected that this would either fail immediately (message "incorrect...

Moving SQL Server 2005 Database to SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi, I have SQL Server 2005 in my Development machine but the hosting server has only SQL server 2005 Express. I was wondering if I develop the DB in SQL server 2005 would be able to move/deploy it to SQL Server Express in the production server? If so how? Can I just generate the script and then run it on the productions server? Or there is a better/easier way? Thanks in advanceShuaib----------------------- I don't anticipate any problems creating database in SQL Server 2005 and moving it to Express. If you need to generate the script to create an empty shell (no d...

Restoring a SQL Server Express 2005 Database to SQL Server Standard 2005
Hello,If I backup and restore an express database to sql server 2005 standard, will there still be limitations in regards to the database size, cpu...etc.? Thanks,Jon  I suppose that no. Limitations are connected to SQL engine not to database itself. But probably if your database will grow up connected to SQL Standard and you will try to move it back to SQL express you will be in trouble.  ThanksJPazgier...

Transfer database created in SQL Express to SQL Server 2005
Using VWD 05 Express & SQL Server 05 Express, how do I transfer my database to my host that is using SQL Server 2005. On the SQL Server express web site http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/sql/powerful/ one of the features listed for SQL Server 05 Express is: Transfer any database created in SQL Express to other editions of SQL Server 2005. Thanks You can just use a simple export dump of the schema and data.  Im sure with the SQL Server Management Express you can do this.Eric RamseurRainbow Portal 2.0 AdminDownload Rainbow 2.0!!Rainbow Code Rainbow Portal CommunityC# 200...

Migrate Database from SQL Server 2005 beta 3 to Sql Server 2005 Release
Do you now, How can I move database with datas to release version of sql server? Procedores backup/restore can't help becouse of unsuported version database. Any ideas? What about generate a schema script?  Then run an install of your schema in a new query.  You could at least get the db schema but not the data.Eric RamseurRainbow Portal 2.0 AdminDownload Rainbow 2.0!!Rainbow Code Rainbow Portal CommunityC# 2005 Group but I have many datas...

New errors access MS SQL Server Database on (CREATE DATABASE and Batch SQL Statement)
------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C2F2CB.0C201FF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm running ActiveState perl 5.8.0 on a WIN2K box with MS SQL Server = 2000. Recently I updated DBD-ODBC to v1.05 and DBI to v1.35 Now I get the following errors executing some sql commands CREATE SQLSTMT:[CREATE DATABASE POMS_SER ON (NAME =3D 'POMS_SER_DAT', = FILENAME =3D 'd:\Database\POMS\POMS_SER_Data.MDF', SIZE =3D 10MB) LOG ON = ( NAME =3D 'POMS_SER_LOG', FILENAME =3D = 'd:\Database\POMS\POMS_S...

Can microsoft SQL Server 2005 database upgrade to microsoft SQL Server 2008 database?
I have a microsoft SQL Server 2005 database, I don't know how to upgrade the 2005 database to 2008 database, I try to use SQL Server Management Studio Express 2008 to open the 2005 database, it's OK, does it mean that the 2005 database have been upgraded to 2008 database? BTW, is SQL Server 2005 database compatible with SQL Server 2008 database completely?SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator Yes. It is compatible. Anyhow go through this url for more informationhttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/li...

How to create a copy of SQL Server 2000 database in SQL Server 2005 Express?
I have a database called 'DB1' in SQL Server 2000. I want to create the same database in SQL Server 2005 Express including the original data in tables. How would I do that? I cannot find any option to do this upgrade in SQL Server Management Studio.sun21170 Check out this:How to: Upgrade to SQL Server 2005 with the Copy Database Wizard Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! The article you mentioned does not apply to the 2005 Express Edition. The Management Studio for the Express Edition contains no Copy database opti...

Problem with creating new SQL server database in VWDExpress using SQL Server 2005 Express
 when I try to create a SQL Database from Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition, I get the following error message: "Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to function properly.  Please verify the installation of the component or download from the URL http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=49251" When I go to that URL, it brings me to the page to download SQL Server Express 2005. any ideathanks for advance  Did you install SQL Server Express on your server/system? JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answe...

How to create a data diagram in SQL Server 2005 Management Studio for a SQL Server 2000 database
Hello: I have an old database created in SQL Server 2000, now I can open, access it in SQL Server 2005 Management Studio, but I can't create Data Diagrams. Please advise on how to make it work.... Thank you Expand the database folder in Object Explorer and the first folder under the databases is the "Database Diagrams". Right click -> New database diagram.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** Thank you for replying :)  but that only works for database created in SQL Server 2005, my database is created in SQL Server ...

Web resources about - How to create SQL Mobile 2005 database from a MS SQL 2005 database? - asp.net.mobile_devices

Ben Carson calls for a database on 'every foreigner'
Boston Herald Ben Carson calls for a database on 'every foreigner' Boston Herald Republican presidential candidate, Dr, Ben Carson, center, ...

GOP rivals condemn Donald Trump for backing Muslim database
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson said Saturday that he wants to expand the government's surveillance operations aimed at ...

Donald Trump walks back Muslim database comments - Videos - CBS News
Republican candidate Donald Trump stepped back from comments that appear to suggest that he wants to register all of the Muslims in the United ...

Trump: ‘I Didn’t Suggest A Database’ For Registering Muslims
Trump: ‘I Didn’t Suggest A Database’ For Registering Muslims

Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database
Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database

Donald Trump is Under Media Assault for Suggesting ‘Muslim Database,’ But Here’s What He Says About It ...
"Donald Trump's plan for a Muslim database draws comparison to Nazi Germany"...

Trump is getting pummeled by his political opponents over Muslim database
WASHINGTON — Republican presidential rivals rushed Friday to condemn Donald Trump's support for a government database to track Muslims in the ...