how do i import a library from .net 2 framework to compact framework?

hello,

i would like to know if i can import a library (system.security.cryptography.xml) to compact framework.
if yes how do i do that and shall i expect it to work without any problems?
compact framework does not support xml encryption or xml signatures but desktop version does so i thought i could just import a dll to spare me all the trouble...
is it possible?
0
max_payne
1/17/2008 10:12:31 AM
asp.net.mobile_devices 3052 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi max_payne,

Compact framework can't import other class , you can try to reflect the source code and find the API,  try to P/Invoke the API to implement it. But it may be a little difficult.

For how to P/Invoke:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306285/en-us

Best regards,
Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Guang

NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 1.1
Can framework 2.0 and framework 1.1 be installed and used on the same PC at same time? can asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 running site by site together? Thanks. Hi,yes they can. At my current machine I have these installed .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 without any problems.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. after creating a website don't forget to check that this website uses which version of .net (go to website properties--> ASP .NET in IIS)feed the creative machine...

.NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 2.0
Hi All,            I wana know i have .net framework 2.0 running on my pc with sql server 2005. I wana install .net framework 3.5. My question is that can i keep both the framework on same pc if yes can u tell me the way how can i do this.  The 3.5 version of the framework actually adds to the existing 2.0 framework. after you install 3.5, you will still have 2.0 on your system.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ actually by default and automatilcally when you ...

Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0
Dear All Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it. But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code. By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall ...

Net framework 2.0 installled on my server, can i replace it with .net framework 3.5
Hi all I have .Net framework 2.0 installled on my server,  and  websites are currently running  that are developed in .net 2.,  my  clinets wants .net framework 3.5 or  if i installed .net framewrok 3.5 in my server, there is any problems to my previous  web application that was hosted using .net framework 2.0   if yes ,how  can i installed .net framewrok 3.5 adilahmed Don't worry...just install it. .net 3.5 is incremental and works on top of 2.0. Any existing websites will reference the 2.0 binaries and will still work.   Also, I...

Can we replace Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 with Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5
Hi, I have installed vs2008 in C drive and removed it from there  including Microsoft .Net framework 3.5, due to space crunch, then I started installing it in D drive, in this case it did not install .Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 and now it does not show me Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 it shows .NET Compact Framework 3.5 in Add remove program list. My question is will VS2008 work fine with .NET Compact Framework 3.5. apart from it it also has .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in the list, all what is missing is microsoft .net framework 3.5  Please let me know ...

DW.Net for .Net Compact Framework
Would DW.Net work on Pocket PC or other PDAs with .Net Compact Framework or is there a version planned for it? Thanks. Harshad No, not at this point. The DataWindow engine is still managed code and hasn't been tweaked for PocketPC. PocketBuilder, however, would let you take those same datawindow objects to that platform. On 15 Nov 2004 10:58:32 -0800, Harshad Rathod wrote: >Would DW.Net work on Pocket PC or other PDAs with .Net >Compact Framework or is there a version planned for it? > >Thanks. >Harshad Sorry for harping on the same string. Since...

Hello,   I have a ASP.Net web application,written in VB.Net,developed on .Net Framework 1.0 .I am trying to port it on to .Net framework 1.1.   For achieving this,I follow the following steps-   1.Open the project using the .vbproj file. 2.I am prompted with the conversion message "Do you want to convert the solution and all projects to .Net framework  1.1....." 3.I click "Yes" 4.I assume that the project is now converted. 5.I build the project & try to run it. 6.I get the following error -     Server Error in '/Consert.Net' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load type CONsERT.Net.Global'.Source Error: Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb" Inherits="CONsERT.Net.Global" %> Source File: e:\inetpub\wwwroot\Consert.Net\global.asax    Line: 1 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573   My project includes aspx and vb files, as well as some crystal report files.   Can anyone please help me? This is almost certainly a namespace case issue. I can't believe that you have a namespace CONsERT. The FCL is case sensitive, even if VB.NET isn't, so check all of your namespace declarations,...

.Net Compact Framework #2
Hi I have used the Beta Version on my IPack and works Fine. Now I'm testing Version 4122 for Windows CE and when I open a Connection the programs closes without error. Can anyone Help me? Code: Public myConn As New AsaConnection("eng=pdacrena.DB;UID=DBA;PWD=SQL") Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load Try myConn.Open() Catch ex As AsaException MessageBox.Show(ex.Errors(0).Message) End Try End Sub Thanks Ricardo Alba ...

What is the difference between microsoft .net framework and microsoft .net framework SDK
What is the difference between microsoft .net framework and microsoft .net framework SDK. And are the advantages of .net framework sdk over .net framework.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- Hi, the .NET framework is the runtime environment that enables your code to run properly. The SDK is the Software Development Kit which holds code snippets etc for developers to check if it needed (that's my basic interpretation of the SDK). I haven't installed the SDK as I use Visual Studio and the MSDN library...

NET Framework & .NET Framework Software Development Kit??
I know some regular HTML, just enough to get me in trouble if I'm not careful. So basically I am completley new to this stuff. I do some programming here at home for my own use but nothing Web style, my son has suggested this for me as another project to learn on. My question is I have downloaded and installed the 2 files referenced in the subject line. This is the question, is there susposed to be an Editer in there somewhere? If so where if not just say no. I did download WebMatrix and have looked at it. But a 508Mg SDK file surely has something in there. Thanks alot. I'm tring to learn....

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

I am trying to find .NET FrameWork class libraries and ADO.NET libraries maps to hang in my cube at work or at home.
Hello,    I am in search of the .NET Framework 1.x and 2.0 and 3.0 class library maps and ADO.NET class library maps to hang/pin to my cube at work and also at home. I believe that helps understand more about the Framework and also if some thing is presented in a pictorial representation I guess I can learn more than reading whole lot of stuff.   So is there a place on the net or any company that offers this to buy or down load?   Any inputs or help me finding on this is greately appreciated.   Thanks in advance, -L   The Visual Studio magazine use...

.net framework 2.0 in vs.net 2003
I have installed .net framework 2.0 beta. I already have vs.net 2003. Is it possible for me to get all the features of .net framework 2.0 in vs.net 2003? no, it's not possible, but ASP.Net 2.0 will be 100% backward compatible with ASP.Net 1.1./Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog...

How to configure VS.NET to use NET Framework 2.0?
Hello I have just downloaded the beta version of .NET Framework 2.0 and I have Visual Studio 2003. How can I configure VS to use this new version 2.0, instead of 1.1? Thank you in advance. - Jasem Jasem Al-ShamlanInternet Applicationshttp://i.com.kwKuwait You can't, to build a .Net 2.0 application you need VS 2005./Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog...

Question about .NET Framework 1.1 and Framework 2.0
HI I have a question rrelated to .NET framework.So here's the deal, I have a Visual Studio .NET 2003 installed on my machine and it's using (of course) .NET Framework 1.1. Then I want to try using Visual Studio .NET 2005 and by the way it's using .NET Framework 2.0 right? so my question is:1. If I installed .NET framework 2.0 on my machine that already have .NET Framework 1.1, will they collide, will my machine crash or goin' haywire ?2. If It succeded installing the 2.0 framework, will my Visual Studio .NET 2003 still working, can my program that usually runs on framework 1....

Sybase ADO.NET Provider for .NET Framework 2.0
Hi, We are developing a .net application( Visual Studio 2005 and .NET Framework 2.0) which needs to support Sybase, SQL Server and Oracle. We are using Microsoft Data Access Application block (DAAB) to support SQL Server and Oracle. Now we would like to customize that application block to support to Sybase 12.5.* onwards. When I installed client utilities for sybase, I could see a ADO.NET Provider with the version 1.1.327, which does not have the following classes which are required to customize the Microsoft DAAB. 1. AseClientFactory class : This class is required to custom...

MySQLDirect .NET with .NET Framework 2.0 support Released!
Core Lab team is glad to announce a release of the new MySQLDirect .NET Data Provider version 2.70. 100% managed MySQLDirect .NET is a full-featured .NET data provider for direct access to MySQL server for the Microsoft ..NET Framework and .NET Compact Framework. MySQLDirect .NET 2.70 offers you new features: - Support for .NET Framework 2.0 added - Support for Visual Studio .NET 2005 Beta 1 - ADO.NET 2 features supported - Support for metadata schemas - The Base-Class-Based provider model used - Connection pooling enhancements functionality added,...

Enterprise Library for .NET Framework 2.0:
Does anyone know when Microsoft is planning to release the final version of Enterprise Library for .NET Framework 2.0:. Last I heard it was supposed to be by the end of 2005, but that hasn't happened. Thanks. Apparently they just released it. It can be found at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/entlib2.asp...

Urgent! .Net Compact Framework 2.0
Dear all, I need to develop a PDA application (which should would with DB in the PDA ---sql server 2005 mobile edition). And the PDA is running windows mobile 5.0. I want to develop the application with .Net Compact Framwork 2.0.  But I have no reference about .Net Compact Framework 2.0. Can anybody introduce some web site or reference book for me . Urgent , Thank you very much.   Check out these links: msdn.microsoft.com/mobility/netcf/ http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/CompactFramework/ www.c-sharpcorner.com/Code/2003/Oct/...

Support for .NET compact framework 2.0?
I'm sorry if this isn't the appropriate forum to ask, but what is the status of Adaptive Server Anywhere's support for the .NET Compact Framework 2.0. If I create a .NET CF 2.0 application, I can't reference and use the iAnywhere.Data.AsaClient because it references interfaces defined in System.Data v1.0 which apparently aren't in v2.0 Similarly, if I try to connect to (by creating a project data source) an ASA database using ODBC or OLEDB, I get an error that the new connection uses a data adapter that is not supported. What's the ETA on support for ...

Refering the .NET 2.0 Assembly in .NET 1.1 Framework
Hi Friends,I have created one class libray which is having one public method of addition using .NET Framework and VS.NET 2005 beta.Now i am referening that dll in my another project which is in VS.NET 2003 but i unable to add that assembly in my reference. it gives an following error "A reference to ..\ClassAdd.dll' could not be added. This is not a valid assembly or COM component.  Only assemblies with extension 'dll' and COM components can be referenced.  Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that it is a valid assembly or COM component."Can you tell me can i take the...

Web resources about - how do i import a library from .net 2 framework to compact framework? - asp.net.mobile_devices

IBM brings Swift to the cloud, releases web framework Kitura written in Apple’s programming language
... and sharing packages to the Swift Package Catalog . IBM’s announcement today comes with the news that they are also releasing a web framework ...

Frameworks streaming 'Time Spent' EP
by Andrew Sacher photo: Frameworks at Saint Vitus in 2014 (more by Greg Cristman) Gainesville screamo band Frameworks recently released the title ...

Sneak Peek: Leading Innovation Framework
My newest book, Leading Innovation , debuts on Monday. Here’s a sneak peek about implementing innovation as a framework. Innovation doesn’t ...

13 frameworks for mastering machine learning
... way. The trend isn't fueled by cheap cloud environments and ever more powerful GPU hardware alone; it’s also the explosion of frameworks now ...

Node.js Foundation take jurisdiction of Express Web framework
The Node.js Foundation, which has jurisdiction over the popular server-side JavaScript platform, is adding the Express MVC Web framework for ...

Agile Frameworks: Does Anyone Know What A Framework Is?
[Welcome to the first in a series of posts about Agile frameworks. In this series, Cutter consultants in the Agile Product Management & Software ...

AT&T teams with Cisco, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel on smart cities framework
Network World AT&T teams with Cisco, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel on smart cities framework FierceWireless LAS VEGAS—AT&T (NYSE: T) is collaborating ...

The Purpose Of A Brand Framework
Think about NASA. When IsayNASA you might think exploration, innovation, ingenuity.NASA means something. It’s not just what NASA does that provides ...

Democrats attempt to set legal framework to sue the gun industry out of existence
Well, most of the Democratic 2016 field supports this, as do anti-gun activists, so it’s no surprise that some members of Congress are trying ...