Comparison Web Form <-> Mobile Web Form

Hi all,

Is there any overview of the (dis-)advantages using Mobile Web Forms compared with normal Web Form? I know I need to use Mobile Web Form if it should be accessible with handhelds, but does it make sense using Mobile web Form when the webpage should not be available for handhelds?

Thanks!

0
Ich
10/20/2007 10:47:56 PM
asp.net.mobile_devices 3052 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The benefit on using the mobile web form is the ability to use the mobile controls that had adaptive rendering for different handsets. The built in features of controls like the objectlist and selectionlist are great and and form paging is also a neat thing.

If you are not developing for portable hand held devices like pdas/mobile phones then don't even look into mobile web forms. Mobile web forms have a very limited set controls and unless you use device specific filtering (which gets ugly maintaining a code base and type safety) you cannot use ASP.NET controls and HTML, javascript etc.

0
jimmy

Web forms and mobile web forms

how to place a <form> in web form form
i placed a <form> in the web form, but i can't submit coz i neet to submit to another web site how can i do??? Mike Chan You cannot submit a <form> to another page if you have a RunAt="Server" in the form tag. Remove that RunAt="Server" and you can (though then you will need to use plain old HTML inside that form). What are you trying to do? Why do you need to post to another form?Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog COZ I NEED TO POST SOME INFORMATION TO ANOTHER WEB SITE IS THERE ANY OTHER SOLUTION?M...

I've placed <forms loginUrl="home.aspx"></forms> in web.config and now all users that log in go to default.aspx
I've placed <forms loginUrl="home.aspx"></forms> in web.config and now all users that log in go to default.aspx.        <authentication mode="Forms">        <forms loginUrl="home.aspx"></forms>      </authentication>What attribute I should add, to make the user stay on the same page. Btw when I remove  <forms loginUrl="home.aspx"></forms>, users stay on the same page after login.Thanks. try one of these.....

Viewstate <--> Methods; Session <--> Web Forms; Something?? <--> Email?
This is along shot but I'm cautiously optimistic someone has thought of it long before and possibly an simple answer does exist... If I want to move a thing between methods (I still call them subroutines) I can put the thing in a ViewState and then later take it out. If I want to move a thing between web forms, I can put the thing into a Session and then later take it out. Is there a somethingX that if I want to I can take the thing put it into a somethingX put the somethingX into a file and email the file take the somethingX out of the file read the somethi...

Difference between mobile web applications and standard web applications + mobile web forms in them ?
I have a series of existing sites, but I need to make a PPC version of them (there already is one, but it uses standard web forms). Since the code-behind looks a lot in the PC and in the PPC version, I'd like both versions to use the same files for the code. I'm left with 2 options : - either create a new mobile web application for each existing web application, and put all the code behind in .dlls which I'll call from each page ; - or, if this is possible (and I'd rather do it), simply add mobile web forms to the existing web applications and redirect at login to the appropriate ve...

What is the use of actio attribute of <form> tag in a web form?
Hi, I am having two Button controls on my web-page. These two Buttons post the web-page to two different target page usign their PostBackUrl attribute. Everything working fine. But in all this scenario what is the use/ significance of action attribute of <form> tag?   when you use PostBackUrl it alters the action attribute of the server form to contain that value. This can cause some problems if you have autopostback controls , http://www.dentaku.com/2006/06/how-to-fix-autopostback-error-for-aspnet-pages-with-postbackurl-button.aspx details this and a possible s...

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Include web form inside web form

Web resources about - Comparison Web Form <-> Mobile Web Form - asp.net.mobile_devices

Comparison - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Saudi Arabia ‘to sue’ over ISIS comparison after Ashraf Fayadh death sentence
A POET who was sentenced to death in Saudi Arabia has sparked a Twitter hashtag after the kingdom threatened to sue any user who compared it ...

Apple TV (2015) vs NVIDIA Shield Android TV – Comparison
... the 500GB version, hook up an external drive to one of its two USB 3.0 ports, or use the Micro SD card slot on the back. Check out our comparison ...

Of course Donald Trump says he might have backed Japanese internment, isn’t bothered by Hitler comparisons ...
... saying that Japanese internment may not have been such a bad idea and flatly dismissing the question of whether he’s bothered by Hitler comparisons. ...

Phone Comparisons: Apple iPhone 6S vs LG Nexus 5X
Introduction Do we have a good one for you today – the infamous Apple iPhone 6S goes up against the new mid-range LG Nexus 5X. The iPhone 6S ...

Useless Comparisons & Bad Journalism
I used to read the Christian Science Monitor regularly. It was a good, relatively balanced, source of information. In the last few years, it ...

Has Karl ever had a PG like Rondo? Coach has one comparison...
... Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch Has Karl ever had a PG like Rondo? Coach has one comparison ...

Hillary Defends Obama’s ISIS ‘JV’ Comparison
Hillary Defends Obama’s ISIS ‘JV’ Comparison

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD graphical comparison
Check out the above video that compares The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD 's graphics to the original releases for Wii and GameCube from ...

The Tyranny of Negative Comparisons: Learn To Run Your Own Race
Our comparisons leave us feeling like we’re just not measuring up on some parameter. How can you liberate yourself from the comparison trap? ...