Upgrading web server from .Net 1.1 to 2.x

Hi

I have been asked to prepare a web server to host a .Net 2 app - it currently only has Net 1.1 on it and IIS 5 (its a windows 2000 server)

I know I need to install the .Net 2  framework on the server - and I'm also going to update MDAC 2.7 to 2.8 - but what else will I need to do to get it to run my .Net 2 app?

Also - the IIS Manager is version 5 - will I be able to administer my .net 2 app through this? or do I have to upgrade it?

Many thanks.

0
MDMDMD
10/10/2007 10:07:32 AM
asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0 1016 articles. 0 followers. Follow

IIS Manager depends on the version of IIS, which depends on the operating systm version.  For help with IIS see www.iis.net.

Jeff

jeff

enigmail-1.0.1 for TB-3.0.x and enigmail-1.1.2 for TB-3.1.x available
Hi, enigmail-1.0.1 (TB-3.0.x) and enigmail-1.1.2 (TB-3.1.x) are available at http://enigmail.mozdev.org. Note for Seamonkey-2.0.x you can download and install enigmail-1.0.1. Have fun, Walter ...

Upgrading from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi,We write ASP.NET applications for a large UK organisation for which we have two servers - a dev server and a live intranet server.  I would like to convince management to upgrade the .NET framework from 1.1 to 2.0 (and incidently VS2003 to VS2005).If we install the new version of the dotnet framework, will there be any issues with our existing 1.1 applications?  If so, what will the issues likely to be?Your help is greatly appreciated.Ryan Penfold, Truro, UK. Two versions can coexist, so you shouldn't have any issues. So far we have not had any real issues with asp.net 1.1 a...

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

Migrate DataGrid .NEt 1.1 to .NEt 2.0
Hi I has just convert my ASP.NET web application from .NET 1.1 to .NEt 2.0 so far there is no problem but my datagrid seems to be acting really weird my datagrid has 3 columns and have paging enabled. When there is one/two row of data. The paging(which shows us the number of page) seems to have a column span of 1)  If i click on the second row of data.... the paging will have the column span of 3 This does not happen if there is more than 2 data   please go to the link for better clarification http://yingleekit.multiply.com/photos/album/1/work#1 http://ying...

Enigmail-1.0.1 for OS/2 TB-3.0.x and SM-2.0.x available at enigmail.mozdev.org
I'm glad to announce that after a while, where some smaller quirks had to be ironed out, enigmail-1.0.1 can be downloaded from enigmail.mozdev.org. Thanks to the developers for the upload to their site. Enigmail-1.0.1 works only with Thunderbird-3.0.x and Seamonkey-2.0.x. If you still use TB-2.0.0.x or SM-1.1.x you should stick to enigmail-0.95.7. In case of trouble please post to this list here. Have Fun, Walter ...

How to upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2?
I have 2.1.1 wokring fine and I have spent a lot of time making it just right but I want to make sure I have the latest & greatest so I am trying to get 2.1.2 to work so I can upgrade. When I try to set-up 2.1.2 I get a few errors such as: Could Not Load Skin: ~/Portals/_default/Skins/_default/admin.ascx Error: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40607\Temporary ASP.NET Files\dnn212\295dc47c\1861dacc\3z6nxty1.0.vb(159): error BC30560: 'admin_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'. Is there a simple way to upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2? RDD Iff you have not made any cha...

Running .net 1.1 and 2.0 beta 2 on the same server
Forgive me if this is the wrong forum for this topic - I did some searches and didn't find an answer to my question.I've got a windows 2003/IIS 6.0 box here at work.  Previously, we were running .net 1.1 and .net 2.0 Beta 1 web applications on it side by side.  No problems.  I upgraded to beta 2 (going with the "go live" license), and followed the instructions at the MSDN Lab site - I removed the old version of the framework before installing.  When beta 2 was installed, everything 1.1 stopped working.  Any .aspx page returned a "Server Application Unavailable" ...

how to upgrade .net framework1.0 to .net framework 1.1 or 2
how to upgrade .net framework1.0 to .net framework 1.1 or 2? I have already installed the new versions of the framework, but still y .net 2002 is using 1.0 framework. Is there a way out i can upgrade it? Its an urgency! Thanks, shakun  If you're using VS 2002, then you SHOULD be using .net framework 1.0.  .Net 2.0 applies to VS 2005 and I believe 1.1 applies to VS 2003 (maybe 2002 as well, but not sure). Correct. VS 2002 only capable of using 1.0, VS 2003 uses 1.1 and VS 2005 uses 2.0. You can install 2003 and 2005 on the same machine, but neither can coexist with...

Migrating .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0/3.5
We have many of our application running in .NET 1.1, and plannig to migrate all one-by-one, i know there will be a big challenge for this activity, What we are planning is not to migrate all in one shot, After migrating one application we will give for some selective users testing once we feel it is OK, do the next. What is best way of doing this thing? Any links, thrid party tools, since opening this in VWD 2005, it is converting the application but many errors are popuping up. Any reference would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance. Hi, Please follow the steps mentioned in this l...

Web resources about - Upgrading web server from .Net 1.1 to 2.x - asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0

Mac Spoofed: Upgrading [Low Quality]
PC teaches Mac about the benefits of upgradability.

Nuclear states still upgrading stocks

Looks like Labor's upgrading from Tarago to minibus
The people of Stafford have done the rest of Queensland a favour by electing Dr Anthony Lynham.

Upgrading IOIO to Bluetooth - YouTube