SQL Server Express - SQL Server compatibility

I'm developing applications with VWD Beta1 and SQLServer Express, and when its possible I'll want to publish it on the INet.

I'll probably publish it in a server with SQLServer (without Express), and I want to know if I will have to change something in my code for this change.
Thanks!!
subgurim.net: blog de ASP.NET 2.0 con C# en castellano
es-asp.net: el portal de ASP.NET en castellano
0
subgurim
3/14/2005 6:22:14 AM
asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0 1016 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If you don't use any specific SQl 2005 Features, you should probably not need to change your code (Maybe only the connection string so it will target the other Sql Server).
/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitter

Microsoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCT

ASPInsiders
My Blog
0
Fredrik
3/14/2005 6:29:16 AM
OK, thats a good new. Thanks
subgurim.net: blog de ASP.NET 2.0 con C# en castellano
es-asp.net: el portal de ASP.NET en castellano
0
subgurim
3/14/2005 9:08:42 AM
And what about sqlserver 2000?? can I change easyly from sqlserver 2005 to sqlserver 2000?

Thanks
subgurim.net: blog de ASP.NET 2.0 con C# en castellano
es-asp.net: el portal de ASP.NET en castellano
0
subgurim

Running .net 1.1 and 2.0 beta 2 on the same server
Forgive me if this is the wrong forum for this topic - I did some searches and didn't find an answer to my question.I've got a windows 2003/IIS 6.0 box here at work.  Previously, we were running .net 1.1 and .net 2.0 Beta 1 web applications on it side by side.  No problems.  I upgraded to beta 2 (going with the "go live" license), and followed the instructions at the MSDN Lab site - I removed the old version of the framework before installing.  When beta 2 was installed, everything 1.1 stopped working.  Any .aspx page returned a "Server Application Unavailable" ...

Help! Running .net 1.1 website on server with .net 2.0
Hi All,I have problems with running my .net version 1.1 website on a server that has .net version 2.0. Also my database is in sql server 2003 and on the server it is sql server 2005. The error that I am getting is: "unhandled exception..." and "invalid connection..."Please help! Kindly let me know if I have to modify my web.config file or other changes. (The website is working properly on my current server with sql server 2003 and .net framework version 1.1. ) Will let you know more details if required. Regards and thanks.  Hi, did you migrate your application to that server? If...

Can we deploy a .net 1.1 app to a .net 2.0 server?
Hi, We have been hosting an app on a server that has ASP and ASP.net 1.1 support.  We are now moving to an ISP that has ASP, ASP.net 1.1 and ASP.Net 2.0 plans.  We will soon migrate the development environment to VS 2005.  However, today we use VS 2003.  My question is can we initially deply to a server that has .net 2.0 support?  Are the 2.0 libs fully backward compatible? jerry    You can deploy a 1.1 app to a server runnuing both 1.1 and 2.0 by setting the framework version for the application on the server.  You can deploy many (bu...

Running .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 apps on same server. Problem???
I have .NET 1.1 running on remote (dedicated) server.  I have just installed Net 2.0 and created a Hello-World App to test it.  It worked fine yesterday, but today when I try it again I get "Server Application Unavailable" My 1.1 web apps seem to be running ok.  The following message was in the event log.  "It is not possible to run two different versions of ASP.NET in the same IIS process. Please use the IIS Administration Tool to reconfigure your server to run the application in a separate process"Can someone please advise me how to run 1.1 and 2.0 web apps on the sam...

Running server controls compiled for .NET 1.1 in .NET 2.0
Hello, I have tried upgrading our ASP.NET 1.1 application to .NET 2.0 by using Web Application Projects, and it works beautifully. We use several 3rd party controls that we bought for use in .NET 1.1 and these seem to just work in .NET 2.0, except that I get an intermittent problem with one of them. Should DLLs compiled using .NET 1.1 simply work, except if they access classes that have been removed from the framework in .NET 2.0? If I have both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 present on the machine and the ASP.NET application is configured to run using .NET 2.0 and I have a DLL compiled using .NE...

Migrating live servers from 1.1 to 2.0
I've spent 4 hours trying to figure this out.  Yesterday i got our live test website running our applications fine with .NET 2.0, however today (saturday) when I attempted to move our demo sites over, i kept getting errors.  The error resolves around our settings.xml file having empty nodes. (this isn't true).I went and made sure all the Virtural Directories in the IIS website were running the right version of ASP.NET, they were. So I went and deleted settings.xml (the file where our app. was saying the ConnectionString node was empty).  When I deleted the file, it still gave ...

Upgrading web server from .Net 1.1 to 2.x
Hi I have been asked to prepare a web server to host a .Net 2 app - it currently only has Net 1.1 on it and IIS 5 (its a windows 2000 server) I know I need to install the .Net 2  framework on the server - and I'm also going to update MDAC 2.7 to 2.8 - but what else will I need to do to get it to run my .Net 2 app? Also - the IIS Manager is version 5 - will I be able to administer my .net 2 app through this? or do I have to upgrade it? Many thanks.   IIS Manager depends on the version of IIS, which depends on the operating systm version.  For help with IIS see www.ii...

Problem running 1.1 .net application 2.0 server
When our development server failed(1.1) the IT dept built a new one with Windows Server Standard R2 and ver 2.0 of the .net framework.  After deploying our application, which was running fine on the previous Windows Enterprise Edition server, to the development server we receive a 404 page not found error.   I've selected 1.1 under the ASP.net tab of the web sites properties.  I've verified ASP.net is installed and running.  Under Web Service extensions ASP.NET 1.1 and Active Server Pages are both allowed.  There must be something I'm missing...

Can I install two .NEt frameworks (1.1 and 2.0) in the same server
Hi all. I would like to know if two .Net framework versions .NET 1.1 and .Net 2.0 could coexist in the same server.  As far as I know an ASP.Net application build with Ms Studio 2003 uses .Net 1.1, and an application built with 2005 uses .Net 2.0.   Something that I do not understand is, if I build an application with ASP.Net 2003, and deploy it to a production server that has installed both frameworks 1.1 and 2.0, will my application use the framework 1.1 or is there any possibility of creating conflicts because it does not know which framework to select (1.1 or 2.0)   Wh...

using .net framework 1.1 and 2.0 and 3.5 on same server
 i recently created application in 2.0 framework which is asp.net (C#) application ,i have old application running on same server (asp.net 1.1 C#),and in feature i want to deploy my asp.net C#  3.5 application on same server how to achieve all my application working on same server  with out stopping any of the application. thank you  Hi, you cannot run more than one framework within the same Application Pool.  How to fix problem? It’s pretty easy and can be done inside IIS 6.0 alone. Here’s the step by step procedure.http://www.kiko-santos.com/2006/06/runn...

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

Web resources about - SQL Server Express - SQL Server compatibility - asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0

Electromagnetic compatibility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) is the branch of electrical sciences which studies the unintentional generation, propagation and reception ...

Ideal - free compatibility test: zodiac sign, сhinese horoscope, by name on the App Store on iTunes
Get Ideal - free compatibility test: zodiac sign, сhinese horoscope, by name on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer ...

E3 2015 New Xbox One Dashboard with DirectX12/Windows 10 + Backwards Compatibility - YouTube
For more big E3 news and clips be sure to subscribe! BIG changes:Cortana, Shortcut, faster UI, Backwards compatible, Cross platform multiplayer ...

Is compatibility in the stars or your gut?
Is compatability in the stars or your gut? Compatibility; we’re obsessed with it. Does this job suit me? Does this apartment meet my needs? Does ...

E3: Xbox One to gain backwards compatibility
Older Xbox games to work with new console, Microsoft has announced at E3 2015 in Las Vegas.

Apple unveils longer, thinner iPhone 5 with Australian 4G LTE compatibility
APPLE has unveiled a longer iPhone with a large 4-inch screen that will work on Australia's 4G LTE networks operated by Telstra and Optus.

Human frailty and masculinity: Mitch Clark shows their compatibility
Raw and unedited, this was a private hell made instantly public.

Sony brings backwards compatibility to PlayStation with Gaikai deal
First and third-party games to be streamed to hardware

Xcode 5.1, iAd Producer 4.1.2 released with improved iOS 7.1 compatibility
... coverage of AAPL Company , Apple , and iPhone . What do you think? Discuss "Xcode 5.1, iAd Producer 4.1.2 released with improved iOS 7.1 compatibility" ...

‘CheckR’ App Tests USB Type-C For Nexus 5X, 6P Compatibility
USB stands for Universal Serial Bus and is an industry standard originally developed in the mid 1990s, designed to standardize the connectivity ...