Side by Side Execution of .net v1.1 and .net v2.0 (continued)

Hi,
Dave wrote a previous post that said:
"If you are referring to web applications - each Virtual server must specify the framework to run under.Β  Both can run side-by-side.. but not under the same virtual server (application pool)"
That looks fine, but I wonder:
  • Is it just as easy as going to Administrative Tools --> IIS -->Β Select the virtual directory --> go to the property's ASP.NET tab and then selecting the ASP.NET version?
  • Is there some important information that I need to know before going into this? Are there going to be ANY issues I should be aware of?

Thanks a lot
0
carlos
4/5/2006 10:28:25 PM
πŸ“ asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0
πŸ“ƒ 1016 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

πŸ’¬ 1 Replies
πŸ‘οΈβ€πŸ—¨οΈ 1642 Views

One thing to be aware of:
if you currently have this structure
MainApp - v 1.1
Β Β Β Β  SubApp - v 1.1 (marked as a separate application in IIS)
You won't be able to upgrade just the MainApp to 2.0 and still run SubApp as v 1.1
The other way works (MainApp 1.1, SubApp v 2.0)
cs

Curtis Swartzentruber / CLARITY CONSULTING
http://blogs.claritycon.com/blogs/curtis_swartzentruber
Work for us: http://www.claritycon.com/careers/
Personal Blog: http://feeds.feedburner.com/swartzentruber/QFjK
0