Server 2003 Web Edition and .NET 2.0?

I am planning the hardware and OS purchases for a .NET 2.0 app that is in development and noticed that MS's website says that Sever 2003 Web Edition SP1 does NOT support .NET 2.0 (see http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/features/comparefeatures.mspx).

Is this really true?  If so, do I need 2003 Standard to serve 2.0 apps?  Or maybe there is a SP2 version of Web Edition that just isn't listed on the MS site?

0
e2canoe
2/8/2006 7:50:10 PM
asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0 1016 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I maybe true. The chart deffinately says that it is so. We use standard and enterprise editions and have not had any problems. Have a great day.

Later,

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Brian Parker
CEO, Cofounder
NeoTekSystems
Phone:(864)770-0473
Fax:(864)770-0476
www.neoteksystems.com
bparker@neoteksystems.com
0
brianparker
2/8/2006 8:48:19 PM

ASP.NET 2.0 and the .NET Framework is definitely supported on Windows Server Web edition.  The chart with the URL above lists what features are included in a release vs. not -- not actually what is supported on it.

Because the web edition of Windows Server shipped before the .NET Framework 2.0 release, it doesn't include it built-in.  Instead, you need/want to download the .NET Framework 2.0 Redist on it and run the install manually.

Future releases of the web edition will have it included built-in.

Hope this helps,

Scott

0
ScottGu
2/9/2006 2:25:26 AM

Thanks.  I figured as much but wanted to make sure before I bought.

0
e2canoe

Access .Net 2.0 Application from .Net 2.0 Web Site
I need to populate a specific form in a .Net desktop application from a .net web application.  Is there an easy way to go about this? Hi, Based on my understanding, you want to start an executable application from your ASP.NET websit, right? We can invoke Process.Start method (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.aspx) to launch an executable application from ASP.NET application. Note: Please keep in mind, the ASP.NET application is running on the server, so it will start the executable application that exists in the server.   I look...

How to migrate from .NET V 1.0 to .NET v 2.0
  I have a asp.net applicatin currently running with v1.1.4322, I want to migrate to v2.0.50727 . I have run a "aspnet_regiss.exe -i". But it seems to be not enouft. When i open a page i get a "The 'system.serviceModel/serviceHostingEnvironment' configuration section cannot be created". And what about Visual Studio, I am using Visual Studio 2003. Does i have to change anything to make Visual Studio 2003 compile with version 2. And does i need to change somthing in machine.config ?  Best Regards   To get vs2003 to build the app for .NET 2.0, you need to upgrade to ...

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

web.config problems when upgrading from .NET 2.0 Beta to .NET 2.0 release version
We uninstalled .NET 2.0 Beta and replaced it with .NET 2.0 release version.  And it messed everything up.  All applications now give weird errors indicating the lack of web.config files, despite the fact that they already have web.config files in place.  For example, the following error occurs even though the web.config file has <customErrors="Off">: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for securit...

Bad web.config in AJAX.NET 1.0 under .NET 2.0 Express
My setup is MS.NET v2.0 with the C# and Web Express editions of 2005. I also installed the AJAX 1.0 release with the respective toolkit as indicated in the AJAX.NET site. However, when I create a new project I am presented with the usual bare bones default.aspx and the web.config. However the web.config shows a lot of warnings and errors.One of them was being that the "requiredPermission" (or something like that) attribute was not recognized. Somewhere on the net there is a post of a correction to the DotNetConfig.xsd schema file in VS.2005 so I used it and it got rid of THAT warning.&n...

Migrate DataGrid .NEt 1.1 to .NEt 2.0
Hi I has just convert my ASP.NET web application from .NET 1.1 to .NEt 2.0 so far there is no problem but my datagrid seems to be acting really weird my datagrid has 3 columns and have paging enabled. When there is one/two row of data. The paging(which shows us the number of page) seems to have a column span of 1)  If i click on the second row of data.... the paging will have the column span of 3 This does not happen if there is more than 2 data   please go to the link for better clarification http://yingleekit.multiply.com/photos/album/1/work#1 http://ying...

Sharepoint 2003 - .net 1.1
Hello !As a consultant, I was asked to develop a simple web application using .net 2.0 and a SQL Server 2005 database. I tried to deploy that application at the client's site : Windows Server 2003, Sharepoint 2003, IIS 6 (with .Net 1.1 and 2.0).The thing is that the application is to be deployed under the default web site used by sharepoint with .net 1.1, without being managed by sharepoint.Actually, when accessing the app from a remote computer, the browser shows a 'Page cannot be displayed'. How can get my application to work side by side with sharepoint and the 2 framework ver...

Will AJAX Extensions 1.0 (for .NET 2.0) be affected by .NET 3.0?
Hello all,I have a web server that has a couple of site running using .NET 2.0 with the AJAX Extensions 1.0 (but not the ControlKit) and I need to install another Web App site that uses .NET 3.0. I need to know if installing .NET 3.0 will affect the sites that currently use 2.0 and the AJAX Extensions 1.0 as these sites are live and any down time would get me in the @~!£$.If there are issues, are there any work arounds? Many Thanks in advance  The .net Framework 3.0 and 3.5 add features to the .net framework 2.0 so installing the additional framework should not cause any pro...

Migrating .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0/3.5
We have many of our application running in .NET 1.1, and plannig to migrate all one-by-one, i know there will be a big challenge for this activity, What we are planning is not to migrate all in one shot, After migrating one application we will give for some selective users testing once we feel it is OK, do the next. What is best way of doing this thing? Any links, thrid party tools, since opening this in VWD 2005, it is converting the application but many errors are popuping up. Any reference would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance. Hi, Please follow the steps mentioned in this l...

Web resources about - Server 2003 Web Edition and .NET 2.0? - asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0

Evening Edition
New news site from my pals at Mule Design: The perfect commute-sized way to catch up on the day’s news after a long day at work. Smart, concise, ...

Encyclopædia Britannica Eleventh Edition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Encyclopædia Britannica Eleventh Edition (1910–1911) is a 29-volume reference work, an edition of the Encyclopædia Britannica . It was developed ...

Jeep celebrates with 75th anniversary editions
Filed under: Jeep , Crossover , SUV Jeep is marking its 75th anniversary in 2016 with a special edition for each of the six models in its lineup, ...

Charlie Hebdo Unveils Special Edition Cover To Mark One Year Since Deadly Attacks
... anniversary of the deadly attacks on its Paris headquarters, French satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo will release 1M copies of a special edition. ...

HTC Details Vive Pre, 2nd Gen Developer Edition Model With Front-Facing Camera
This week at CES, HTC introduced the 2nd generation developer edition of the Vive VR system, the Vive Pre . With an upgraded design, more suited ...

Lenovo Y900 'Razer Edition' gaming desktop to launch in June
Project Christine, Razer's boldly designed modular gaming PC, still hasn't surfaced as a commercial product but that doesn't mean you can't get ...

SAPVoice: New Year's Resolutions Shenanigans, 2016 edition
It’s the time of year when New Year’s resolutions are all around us. In a quick news search, I found more than 100 articles published in the ...

Texans Friday Playoff Edition: Fuddruckers
Texans Friday Playoff Edition: Fuddruckers

News: Apple debuts special edition Apple Watch models for Chinese New Year
Apple is releasing a limited edition of the Apple Watch Sport model in honor of the Chinese New Year. Debuting in new yellow gold aluminum and ...

Comment Of The Day: Revenge Of Carmax Edition
And lo, there was much rejoicing in the land, for The Doug had found himself a new #DougCar. Read more...