Migration problem from 1.1 to 2.0-Very Urgent

Hi All,

I have a web project in vs-2003.This application contains number of user controls. one page might be have more then one user controls.Now i have migrated the same vs-2003 web project to vs-2005 web project. convertion was successfully done. After convertion i could see in soluction explorer one new "Migrated" folder inside App_Code folder. This migrated folder contain some of the user controls are created as abstract classes.

After compile i am getting error like, "The type or namespace name 'BOAN5700' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\BOA-Release\BOA\BOAUI\App_Code\Migrated\Stub_BOAN4300Tab_ascx_cs.cs" in that abstract classes.

But all pages are under single namespace only. Why this migared folder has been created?

Help me!!

0
karthik_123_kk
3/25/2009 8:08:25 AM
asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0 1016 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The Migrated folder is created by MIgration wizard, which keeps a copy of migrated classes or assemblies of your existing application. but at execution time that folder is not used, it just for your reference to see ehat files have been migrated. you can discard that folder from your application or solution and run it, you wont have problems with that.

THIS REDUCES TIME FOR OTHERS..!
0
SurendraKishore
3/25/2009 10:07:29 AM

Thanks for your quick reply.

But all user controls are inherited from that Migrated folder classes. So we cant delete. I converted the VS 2003 by below steps.

File->open-->project/Solution. Is it right flow or any other steps is there to convert.

0
karthik_123_kk
3/25/2009 10:23:45 AM

alryt, just take your old solution, i.e vs2003 developed solution marked as 7.1 on file image, just open the solution in vs2005, this triggers the conversion wizard, i think u've did in the same way.

sometimes we have to rebuild some user controls, as we have a native conversion problem, with the conversion wizard, i've faced the same problem earlier when vs2005 was released, i had to manually convert and make changes to coupls of errors, just checkout you have common namespace for all your pages, user ctrls n custom contrls if any, i know its a bit painful, but i haven't found any patches to fix this too.

hope this helps.

THIS REDUCES TIME FOR OTHERS..!
0
SurendraKishore
3/25/2009 11:17:38 AM

So i need to convert manually which user controls are giving problem rt?

0
karthik_123_kk
3/25/2009 11:43:52 AM

Your are right. just go ahead and make changes manually to code you are getting error, thats the only option.

THIS REDUCES TIME FOR OTHERS..!
0
SurendraKishore

Problem with Project Migrating from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0
Hi i am working in .net 1.1 and i am working on a web service. it 's working fine in .net 1.1 with vs2003 but when i migrated my WS from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 i am getting System.FormatException while converting datetime from string using DateTime.Parse method. it was not happening earlier when i was using .net 1.1. My WS converted from vs2003 to vs2005 using a wizard and it doesn's shows a single error.   i did lots of googling on this issue but didnot gets any help , so any reply in the matter will be highly appericiable.  thanks vishal sharma vishalsharma808...

Problem when migrating from gecko 1.9.1.2 to 2.0
Hi, =20 I have a C++ embedding application, in which I'm using nsIScriptContext:: EvaluateString() to execute JS commands. Under Gecko 1.9.1.2 it works fine, but after migrating it to Gecko 2.0, I get these assersions: =20 1. JS_ASSERT(!initialVarObj->getOps()->defineProperty); - in jsutil.cpp When I get this assertion, the value of initialVarObj->getOps()->defineProperty is js: proxy_DefineProperty =20 2. JS_ASSERT(entries); - in jsscope.cpp After getting this assertion, my application crashes. =20 Does someone know why these assertions happ...

enigmail-1.0.1 for TB-3.0.x and enigmail-1.1.2 for TB-3.1.x available
Hi, enigmail-1.0.1 (TB-3.0.x) and enigmail-1.1.2 (TB-3.1.x) are available at http://enigmail.mozdev.org. Note for Seamonkey-2.0.x you can download and install enigmail-1.0.1. Have fun, Walter ...

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

From 2.1.2 to 3.1 or 2.1.2 to 3.0.13 to 3.1

Problem with application blocks (Migrating from .NET 1.1 to 2.0)
Had any one converted the code developed in .NET 1.1 using application blocks to ver 2.0. I changed the application blocks to new version of application block (Enterprise Manager), but getting lot of compilation error. Is there any document that talks about the changes in two version of application blocks. Or if someone have already done this exercise then do let me know what I have to do to get the application working.Thanks in advance....

Migrate DataGrid .NEt 1.1 to .NEt 2.0
Hi I has just convert my ASP.NET web application from .NET 1.1 to .NEt 2.0 so far there is no problem but my datagrid seems to be acting really weird my datagrid has 3 columns and have paging enabled. When there is one/two row of data. The paging(which shows us the number of page) seems to have a column span of 1)  If i click on the second row of data.... the paging will have the column span of 3 This does not happen if there is more than 2 data   please go to the link for better clarification http://yingleekit.multiply.com/photos/album/1/work#1 http://ying...

updated 1.2.2 to 2.0.1 but still shows 1.2.2
I just reinstalled the SBS 6 with the NW6 SP3 Overly cd and i put web access, iprint, dhcp/dns, naas on the initial install. I then proceded to upgrade edir to 8.7.1 ( i updated jvm and the other stuff that 8.7.1 required first) and everything went great. I then udated imanager from 1.2.2. to 2.0.1 and the install went as expected no errors or anything. Here is the problem when i surf to iManager with internet exploder 6 it shows me i am using 1.2.2. I read the instructions and they talk about some migrating but the direction don't match imanager 1.2.2 (i assume they are reffe...

Enigmail-1.0.1 for OS/2 TB-3.0.x and SM-2.0.x available at enigmail.mozdev.org
I'm glad to announce that after a while, where some smaller quirks had to be ironed out, enigmail-1.0.1 can be downloaded from enigmail.mozdev.org. Thanks to the developers for the upload to their site. Enigmail-1.0.1 works only with Thunderbird-3.0.x and Seamonkey-2.0.x. If you still use TB-2.0.0.x or SM-1.1.x you should stick to enigmail-0.95.7. In case of trouble please post to this list here. Have Fun, Walter ...

Migrating .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0/3.5
We have many of our application running in .NET 1.1, and plannig to migrate all one-by-one, i know there will be a big challenge for this activity, What we are planning is not to migrate all in one shot, After migrating one application we will give for some selective users testing once we feel it is OK, do the next. What is best way of doing this thing? Any links, thrid party tools, since opening this in VWD 2005, it is converting the application but many errors are popuping up. Any reference would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance. Hi, Please follow the steps mentioned in this l...

Graphic-rendering problems firefox verion 2.0 (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; nb-NO; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0)
Name: Marcus Edvardsen Email: marcus.edvardsen_at_gmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: Graphic-rendering problems firefox verion 2.0 (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; nb-NO; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0) Comments: It is very hard to explain the problem with words...But you could send an e-mail to me and I will send you a dump of the screen back to you. It seems like it is a problem loading graphics correctly, when loading the startpage...my startpage is www.google.com/ig Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; nb-NO; rv:1.8.1) G...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2
Name: R. Bijster Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 Comments: I want to report that Windowsbrowser V 6.0.2900_SP2, 12 seconds faster started then FireFoxbrowser. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

Web resources about - Migration problem from 1.1 to 2.0-Very Urgent - asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pope Francis urges review of migration laws to welcome refugees
... and indifferent to the tragedies facing humanity. Vatican City: Pope Francis on Tuesday called on countries to review their laws on migration ...

Paris deal considers climate change role in mass migration
Global warming has already contributed to the the large-scale displacement of people that has been an ominous, politically sensitive undercurrent ...

Security is a major concern for cloud migrations
... Moreover, 40 percent worry about the loss of physical control over data in the cloud. In particular, 69 percent of companies fear migration ...

Website migration guide: building an SEO checklist for moving your site
... in other countries also which makes it vital that it’s as easy as possible to present users with the correct version. Combining a site migration ...

Christian Charities Combat Resistance to Muslim Migration
The Obama administration intends to bring 10,000 Syrian refugees, almost all Muslim, to the U.S. in FY 2016 unless Congress rejects funding. ...

IBM Nabs Giant Eagle Cloud Migration Deal
IBM can now count Giant Eagle among its growing list of cloud customers, as Big Blue works to overhaul the supermarket chain's IT operations. ...

Is Migration a Basic Human Right?
The latest Freakonomics radio podcast grapples with the question Is Migration a Basic Human Right? ( itunes ) As usual, Stephen Dubner and his ...

Site Redesign & Migration Tips To Avoid SEO & UX Disasters
Planning to overhaul your website? Check out contributor Modestos Siotos' tips to help you minimize the potential negative impact of a site relaunch. ...

Can the European Nation-State Survive the Current Wave of Mass Migration?
A few courageous journalists are now describing the dire consequences of Muslim mass-migration into Europe. Many of the migrants have the wrong ...