Migrating live servers from 1.1 to 2.0

I've spent 4 hours trying to figure this out.  Yesterday i got our live test website running our applications fine with .NET 2.0, however today (saturday) when I attempted to move our demo sites over, i kept getting errors.  The error resolves around our settings.xml file having empty nodes. (this isn't true).

I went and made sure all the Virtural Directories in the IIS website were running the right version of ASP.NET, they were. So I went and deleted settings.xml (the file where our app. was saying the ConnectionString node was empty).  When I deleted the file, it still gave me that error.... it should've erroed way before that because the XML file it was supposed to load wasn't there.... that tells me something is cached and our new software is not looking for the new file.

I deleted all the temporary files out of winnt/microsoft.net---temporary internet files and I still got this error.

I restarted IIS on our live servers, and restarted both asp_net processes.

Is there anything I missed? I did the exact same thing today that I did with our test site yesterday, which works.

Thanks,

The Killer Ninja Coding Monkeys thank those that mark helpful posts as answers.

My Site | My Examples | My Blog

0
RTernier
2/5/2006 12:27:58 AM
asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0 1016 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Could you please give us the error message, also what os your using and iis version that your currently running.

-Blake Niemyjski
Blog - Website: windowscoding.com
0
Blake05
2/6/2006 4:55:27 AM

I fitured out the issue this morning.

Our sites run on Server 2000, SQL 2000. Our main XML file (settings file) was being cached by the server.  I found this out when I deleted the XML file from one of our demo instances, and on the next day, tested the site. It told me the file was still there, but the XML nodes were empty. So I went back to the server and restarted it... worked fine after that :\

<-- will be glad when we migrate to Server 2003.

The Killer Ninja Coding Monkeys thank those that mark helpful posts as answers.

My Site | My Examples | My Blog

0
RTernier

enigmail-1.0.1 for TB-3.0.x and enigmail-1.1.2 for TB-3.1.x available
Hi, enigmail-1.0.1 (TB-3.0.x) and enigmail-1.1.2 (TB-3.1.x) are available at http://enigmail.mozdev.org. Note for Seamonkey-2.0.x you can download and install enigmail-1.0.1. Have fun, Walter ...

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

From 2.1.2 to 3.1 or 2.1.2 to 3.0.13 to 3.1

Migrate DataGrid .NEt 1.1 to .NEt 2.0
Hi I has just convert my ASP.NET web application from .NET 1.1 to .NEt 2.0 so far there is no problem but my datagrid seems to be acting really weird my datagrid has 3 columns and have paging enabled. When there is one/two row of data. The paging(which shows us the number of page) seems to have a column span of 1)  If i click on the second row of data.... the paging will have the column span of 3 This does not happen if there is more than 2 data   please go to the link for better clarification http://yingleekit.multiply.com/photos/album/1/work#1 http://ying...

updated 1.2.2 to 2.0.1 but still shows 1.2.2
I just reinstalled the SBS 6 with the NW6 SP3 Overly cd and i put web access, iprint, dhcp/dns, naas on the initial install. I then proceded to upgrade edir to 8.7.1 ( i updated jvm and the other stuff that 8.7.1 required first) and everything went great. I then udated imanager from 1.2.2. to 2.0.1 and the install went as expected no errors or anything. Here is the problem when i surf to iManager with internet exploder 6 it shows me i am using 1.2.2. I read the instructions and they talk about some migrating but the direction don't match imanager 1.2.2 (i assume they are reffe...

Enigmail-1.0.1 for OS/2 TB-3.0.x and SM-2.0.x available at enigmail.mozdev.org
I'm glad to announce that after a while, where some smaller quirks had to be ironed out, enigmail-1.0.1 can be downloaded from enigmail.mozdev.org. Thanks to the developers for the upload to their site. Enigmail-1.0.1 works only with Thunderbird-3.0.x and Seamonkey-2.0.x. If you still use TB-2.0.0.x or SM-1.1.x you should stick to enigmail-0.95.7. In case of trouble please post to this list here. Have Fun, Walter ...

Migrating .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0/3.5
We have many of our application running in .NET 1.1, and plannig to migrate all one-by-one, i know there will be a big challenge for this activity, What we are planning is not to migrate all in one shot, After migrating one application we will give for some selective users testing once we feel it is OK, do the next. What is best way of doing this thing? Any links, thrid party tools, since opening this in VWD 2005, it is converting the application but many errors are popuping up. Any reference would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance. Hi, Please follow the steps mentioned in this l...

Problem with Project Migrating from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0
Hi i am working in .net 1.1 and i am working on a web service. it 's working fine in .net 1.1 with vs2003 but when i migrated my WS from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 i am getting System.FormatException while converting datetime from string using DateTime.Parse method. it was not happening earlier when i was using .net 1.1. My WS converted from vs2003 to vs2005 using a wizard and it doesn's shows a single error.   i did lots of googling on this issue but didnot gets any help , so any reply in the matter will be highly appericiable.  thanks vishal sharma vishalsharma808...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2
Name: R. Bijster Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 Comments: I want to report that Windowsbrowser V 6.0.2900_SP2, 12 seconds faster started then FireFoxbrowser. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

What are the advantages of migrating applications written in .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0?
Hello,Can someone tell me the advantages of migrating my current aplication which has been developed in ASP.NET 1.1 to ASP.NET 2.0? I have read and implemented some of the technical advantages that come with ASP.NET 2.0 and .NET 2.0. But how do I convince our customer that we should upgrade the existing application in production for a couple of years now to .NET 2.0... like the performance benefits we gain by doing that? Read that .NET 2.0 is a lot (around 40%) faster than .NET 1.1 and has all those performance enhancing features like the precompilation, enhanced data caching... in addition ...

Migrating form .NET 1.1 to 2.0
Hi, I need some help to solve my issue: Recently we have migrated the .NET 1.1 code to .NET 2.0. With .NET 1.1 we have used Infragistics Net Advantage 2004 ,after migrating to .NET 2.0 also we have used the same version of infragistics,as we are facing problems with it ,we have upgraded the Infragistics version to Net Advantage 2008. Now we are getting "object reference not set to an instance" error,we are unable to debug the issue as it is straight away going to the error even if we put some break point in the previous steps. Please help me in solving this issu...

Web resources about - Migrating live servers from 1.1 to 2.0 - asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0

Thunderclap Migrating From Twitter to Facebook
Thunderclap, a mass-messaging service that gained popularity on Twitter, has set its sights on Facebook . Twitter recently booted Thunderclap ...

Facebook Migrating Unofficial Page Fans to Official Pages at Brand Owner’s Request
Rupesh Mandal is such an avid fan of the Opera Mini web browser that he set up a Page on Facebook totally devoted to celebrating it, and then ...

YouTube - Evaluating & Migrating to Cloud Storage
Hochgeladen am 31.08.2011 When evaluating cloud storage, no matter the need, there are criteria that must be placed above the rest, including: ...

UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating professionals, study finds
... with 28 per cent, was the leading source of professionals, according to the LinkedIn study. The UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating ...

Enchanting video shows hundreds of stingrays migrating through shallow waters
A video showing hundreds of stingrays migrating through shallow waters&nbsp;has gone viral,&nbsp;months after being uploaded to Facebook.

The krilling season: Whales keep tourists migrating south
Earlybird whale watchers in Eden have been rewarded with astounding acrobatic displays in the bay.

Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great
Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great

Researchers say Irukandji jellyfish migrating further south along Qld coast
Researchers say climate change could be altering the migration patterns of the dangerous Irukandji jellyfish along Qld's east coast.

Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating to more advanced technology
... Company , iPhone , and iPad continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating ...

More eBay Merchants Migrating to Amazon in Search of Sales Growth
EBay's once-loyal merchants are moving more of their business to Amazon, saying they get more for their money by selling merchandise via the ...