from Visual studio 2003 to VS2008

hello everybody,

i have developed a website on visual studio 2003 now i copied the solution file to my laptop where i'm using Visual studio 2008 ,

i know it's a comon problem but i couldn't fix it, i open the solution from VS2008 he begins the 'convert' process then he show me this

"ASP.NET has not been registered on the web server.you need to manualy configure your web server for ASP.NET 2.0in order ..."

please can some bosy give me a detailed steps to follow so i can open my file

thank you in advance and kind regards

for more details please check http://forums.asp.net/p/1386170/2954196.aspx#2954196

0
bachNet
2/20/2009 9:23:49 AM
asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0 1016 articles. 0 followers. Follow

HI I dont think so you can change it directly from VS2003 TO 2008 It will go like this VS2003 to 2005 then from VS2005 to 2008. Because there are lot of assembly version will be mismatching. Thanks Venky

0
venziar
2/20/2009 11:16:40 AM

thank you for ur answer i'll give it a shut
0
bachNet
2/20/2009 12:14:48 PM

 I have the same problem, but I only have VS2008.  When I tried to build the website in VS2008, it produces a lot of errors.  How can I convert these old projects?

Update: I created a new Web Application Project and added a fresh global.aspx (the one in the old project would not build).  I imported the various event handlers from my old global.aspx.cs and confirmed it was working.

I then added the aspx pages from the old project one by one.  For each one, I right-clicked and selected "Convert to Web Application"  This creates the designer.cs file with the control definitions.  So far, the converted pages seem to work.

0
kaborka

Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Stu
Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Studio 2005. Then, he changed to another company. Now, I take over his job. Unfortunately, when I attempted to open that solution, Visual Studio 2005 prompted me the conversion wizard again to forced me to perform a conversion on the solution. Does someone know why?--Harish Patel www.MicrosoftSQLandASP.netpatelharish@gmail.com Hi, How many projects are in the solution, does it have UNLOADE...

installing .net 2.0 with visual studio.net 2003
Hi, I'm currently developing using VS.net 2003, .net1.1. Due to development reasons i can't upgrade to vs2005 yet. However i want to upgrade to SQL Express 2005, but this needs .net 2.0. Will my VS.net 2003 still work if i install .net 2.0? Are there any known problems? Thanks, drazic19 .Net 1.1 and  .Net 2.0 will work side by side. Baiju  "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights"...

How Do I Upgrade to .NET Framework 2.0 From Visual Studio .NET 2003
Hello,I am currently using Visual Studio .NET 2003, which uses the .NET Framework 1.1. How do I upgrade to 2.0, and integrate it into my IDE?Thanks!~ Di You need to get VS2005 to develop under .Net 2.0."This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights"...

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

Sharepoint 2003 - .net 1.1
Hello !As a consultant, I was asked to develop a simple web application using .net 2.0 and a SQL Server 2005 database. I tried to deploy that application at the client's site : Windows Server 2003, Sharepoint 2003, IIS 6 (with .Net 1.1 and 2.0).The thing is that the application is to be deployed under the default web site used by sharepoint with .net 1.1, without being managed by sharepoint.Actually, when accessing the app from a remote computer, the browser shows a 'Page cannot be displayed'. How can get my application to work side by side with sharepoint and the 2 framework ver...

Migrate DataGrid .NEt 1.1 to .NEt 2.0
Hi I has just convert my ASP.NET web application from .NET 1.1 to .NEt 2.0 so far there is no problem but my datagrid seems to be acting really weird my datagrid has 3 columns and have paging enabled. When there is one/two row of data. The paging(which shows us the number of page) seems to have a column span of 1)  If i click on the second row of data.... the paging will have the column span of 3 This does not happen if there is more than 2 data   please go to the link for better clarification http://yingleekit.multiply.com/photos/album/1/work#1 http://ying...

Visual Studio 2.0 (Whidbey) / .NET 2.0
Does anyone know when is the approximate release date of Visual Studio 2.0 (Whidbey) and the .NET framework 2.0? I think it is scheduled for sometime in 2004, but approx which month? Also, does Microsoft plan to release a new version of the framework every year or so? I would think you will get better answers at PDC Check at http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/events/pdc/ Or wait may be others might have better answers than this!! Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti Here is what has been announced so far. Microsoft Developer Tools Roadmap...

Enigmail-1.0.1 for OS/2 TB-3.0.x and SM-2.0.x available at enigmail.mozdev.org
I'm glad to announce that after a while, where some smaller quirks had to be ironed out, enigmail-1.0.1 can be downloaded from enigmail.mozdev.org. Thanks to the developers for the upload to their site. Enigmail-1.0.1 works only with Thunderbird-3.0.x and Seamonkey-2.0.x. If you still use TB-2.0.0.x or SM-1.1.x you should stick to enigmail-0.95.7. In case of trouble please post to this list here. Have Fun, Walter ...

problem with Visual Studio 2008, Net Framework 2.0 and AJAX 1.0 doesn't work!
I wrote simple web application with update panel but when I loaded application, update panel didn't work..I think It's problem with AJAX 1.0... How to fix this problem???ASP.NET 3.5VISUAL STUDIO 2008 PROMS SQL SERVER 2005 You really need to be more specific about what you're trying to do, what's happening, post your source code, something...When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a reply which answers your question.My latest ASP.NET AJAX blog entries. I have side by side installed visual studio 2005 and 2008.In visual studio ...

Visual Studio 2003 and .net 2.0
I have a copy of Visual Studio 2003 which I am just starting to use and like it alot.  It comes with net 1.1.  From various readings I conclude that .net 2.0 is much improved over 1.1.  Will VS 2003 work well with net 2.0?  What shortcomings?  What benefits form upgrading to VS 2005? Thanks, Andy You need VS2005 to use .Net 2.0. For your second question, as .Net 2.0 is next version than 1.1, it has so many new features. Especially in ASP.NET 2.0, you get lot of new features out of the box. So using 2005 is better. One other thing is, if you develop some th...

Does Visual Studio .NET 2003 (version 7.1.3088) & NET Framework 1.1 support AJAX ?
Dear friend, 1. Does Visual Studio .NET 2003 (version 7.1.3088) & NET Framework 1.1 support AJAX ? 2.  i don't know if i can implement AJAX for my case below ? pls advise... i have built a windows application to connect to a card reader DLL,   but right now i have to build it for web application..and it's a real challenge since i have blank idea...   i also write the source code for the windows application below , for analysis...   the case is like these : --------------------------1. we have a card reader (usb port connection)...   2. we must connect...

Web resources about - from Visual studio 2003 to VS2008 - asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0

Visual flight rules - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Visual flight rules (VFR) are a set of regulations under which a pilot operates an aircraft in weather conditions generally clear enough to allow ...

Visual arts year in review: Catherine was great, but more cross-cultural curatorship needed
... comes to securing loans, but there are many options to be pursued at all levels. There have been some extraordinary treats in 2015 in the visual ...

‘Fallout 4’ mods reportedly altered following Nexus mods hack; PS4, PC, Xbox One update downgraded visuals ...
“Fallout 4” mod uses may have been altered in a data breach, while developer Bethesda releases updates for the game.

AMD Discusses 2016 Radeon Visual Technologies Roadmap
... from AMD’s earlier GPU groups. As part of AMD’s RTG technology summit, I had the chance to sit down and hear about RTG’s plans for their visual ...

Mali-470 to enable smartphone-quality visuals on wearable and IoT devices
... at ARM recently announced a new highly-efficient graphics processing unit (GPU), the ARM® Mali™-470 GPU, to enable smartphone-quality visuals ...

Your visual guide to 2017 Formula 1 car changes
Filed under: Motorsports , Videos , Racing Motorsport.com presents a visual comparison of current Formula 1 cars compared to the cars built to ...

Open Thread: Visual Proof
I wonder how it feels to be an appendage to Trump's lower bowel. https://t.co/mORG92sg3R — Billmon (@billmon1) December 12, 2015 The Establishment's ...

Panasonic Signs Partnership to Deliver Visual Solutions for the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Ceremonies ...
Panasonic has signed an agreement to become an "Official Ceremony Partner" with the Rio 2016 Olympic Organizing Committee of the Olympic ...

HP tackles 'visual hacking' with privacy filters in laptop, tablet screens
HP is putting integrated filters in laptop and tablet displays this year so Peeping Toms can't steal confidential information when surreptitiously ...