error after convert .net framework 1.0 to 3.5 sp1

i just downloaded the DotNetSCORM LMS app. for review. i think it was built in 1.0, however i'm runnnint 3.5 SP1. VS 2008 upgraded it and now i have a veiw compile errors. One i dont know how to resolve is in the class SQLHelper where its trying to return a sqldatareader from a shared method. the compile error is :

Error      52           Overload resolution failed because no accessible 'ExecuteReader' can be called without a narrowing conversion:

    'Public Shared Overloads Function ExecuteReader(connectionString As String, spName As String, ParamArray parameterValues() As Object) As System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader': Argument matching parameter 'connectionString' narrows from 'System.Data.CommandType' to 'String'.

 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\DotNetSCORM\App_Code\DAL\SQLHelper.vb

and the method is :-

Public Overloads Shared Function ExecuteReader(ByVal connection As SqlConnection, _

ByVal spName As String, _

ByVal ParamArray parameterValues() As Object) As SqlDataReader Dim commandParameters As SqlParameter()

If Not (parameterValues Is Nothing) And parameterValues.Length > 0 Then

commandParameters = SqlHelperParameterCache.GetSpParameterSet(connection.ConnectionString, spName)

AssignParameterValues(commandParameters, parameterValues)

Return ExecuteReader(CommandType.StoredProcedure, spName, commandParameters)

Else

Return ExecuteReader(connection, CommandType.StoredProcedure, spName)

End If

End Function

any idea ow to resolve this? helppp.....

thanks a lot.

i'm novis of .net... helppp.. :)
0
wacoo
5/4/2009 5:57:38 AM
asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0 1016 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Automated cleanup tool to remove the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5
"I have posted an updated version of the .NET Framework cleanup tool that now contains support for automatically cleaning up the .NET Framework 1.0, the .NET Framework 1.1, the .NET Framework 2.0, the ..NET Framework 3.0 and the .NET Framework 3.5. This tool automates the manual cleanup steps for the .NET Framework 2.0 that I posted a while ago. These steps have helped solve most of the known .NET Framework 2.0 beta uninstall issues that I know of. In addition, the tool can be useful to return your system to a known (relatively clean) state in case you run into any .NET Framew...

Migrating .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0/3.5
We have many of our application running in .NET 1.1, and plannig to migrate all one-by-one, i know there will be a big challenge for this activity, What we are planning is not to migrate all in one shot, After migrating one application we will give for some selective users testing once we feel it is OK, do the next. What is best way of doing this thing? Any links, thrid party tools, since opening this in VWD 2005, it is converting the application but many errors are popuping up. Any reference would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance. Hi, Please follow the steps mentioned in this l...

Hi All, I am using Visual Studio .NET compiler for compiling my application . We have plugins (as library) which the user can write by their own in .NET . We are building our code in Visual Studio 2005 but we have already some plug-ins which are written in previous versions of Visual Studio (i.e. 2002 and 2003). Is these plug-ins will work with the new build of the application or I need to build these plug-ins as well in Visual Studio .NET 2005. These plugins are created as library. Is their any differences between .NET 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 because of which the old libraries (created in old .NET version, i.e 1.0 and 2.0) will not work with the application created in new verion(3.0 or 3.5)  Any help will be highly appreciated.  Thanks.darshi No prob it will work. Framework 3 will have all the namespaces of the version 1 and 2....

autocomplete not working in IE7 after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5
IE7 autocomplete not working after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5. OS: Windows XP. Autocomplete worked fine on IE6 and IE7 before migration.  Is there anything thats needs to be configured on the server for IE7 autocomplete to work with the new migrated 3.5 application?  Appreciate the feedback         How are you impleneting Autocomplete? Can you show us problem causing code..My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." there is no autocomplete implementation. This is purely using...

error in converting a framework 1.1 vb.net web site to framework 2.0
  I am trying to convert a framework 1.1 vb.net web site to framework 2.0 site, and it's not possible to rewrite it.  I have gone through the convertion wizard and compliled successfully. Sound great so far. However, when I run the page via the virtual web server, I get a error message said, "Parser Error Message: Could not load type BizWeb.WebPages.DefaultSettings.FeeForm"   Did anyone exprience this problem when doing convertion? Please share some experience to me.   Thanks in advance!   vcllvc  Hi, One way: Go to IIS manager, right click...

enigmail-1.0.1 for TB-3.0.x and enigmail-1.1.2 for TB-3.1.x available
Hi, enigmail-1.0.1 (TB-3.0.x) and enigmail-1.1.2 (TB-3.1.x) are available at http://enigmail.mozdev.org. Note for Seamonkey-2.0.x you can download and install enigmail-1.0.1. Have fun, Walter ...

NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 1.1
Can framework 2.0 and framework 1.1 be installed and used on the same PC at same time? can asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 running site by site together? Thanks. Hi,yes they can. At my current machine I have these installed .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 without any problems.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. after creating a website don't forget to check that this website uses which version of .net (go to website properties--> ASP .NET in IIS)feed the creative machine...

Hello,   I have a ASP.Net web application,written in VB.Net,developed on .Net Framework 1.0 .I am trying to port it on to .Net framework 1.1.   For achieving this,I follow the following steps-   1.Open the project using the .vbproj file. 2.I am prompted with the conversion message "Do you want to convert the solution and all projects to .Net framework  1.1....." 3.I click "Yes" 4.I assume that the project is now converted. 5.I build the project & try to run it. 6.I get the following error -     Server Error in '/Consert.Net' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load type CONsERT.Net.Global'.Source Error: Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb" Inherits="CONsERT.Net.Global" %> Source File: e:\inetpub\wwwroot\Consert.Net\global.asax    Line: 1 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573   My project includes aspx and vb files, as well as some crystal report files.   Can anyone please help me? This is almost certainly a namespace case issue. I can't believe that you have a namespace CONsERT. The FCL is case sensitive, even if VB.NET isn't, so check all of your namespace declarations,...

using .net framework 1.1 and 2.0 and 3.5 on same server
 i recently created application in 2.0 framework which is asp.net (C#) application ,i have old application running on same server (asp.net 1.1 C#),and in feature i want to deploy my asp.net C#  3.5 application on same server how to achieve all my application working on same server  with out stopping any of the application. thank you  Hi, you cannot run more than one framework within the same Application Pool.  How to fix problem? It’s pretty easy and can be done inside IIS 6.0 alone. Here’s the step by step procedure.http://www.kiko-santos.com/2006/06/runn...

Proplem with..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Name: Tony Email: Accuscopeathotmaildotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Proplem with..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Comments: I have used Firefox for many years but I am not happy with latest version. You can set options such as home page and security and privacy settings but as soon as you close the browser and re start it remembers none of the settings??? Very frustrating! I have re-installed several times and rebooted every time but it always goes back to a default page as though I had just do...

Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0
Dear All Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it. But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code. By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall ...

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

Will AJAX Extensions 1.0 (for .NET 2.0) be affected by .NET 3.0?
Hello all,I have a web server that has a couple of site running using .NET 2.0 with the AJAX Extensions 1.0 (but not the ControlKit) and I need to install another Web App site that uses .NET 3.0. I need to know if installing .NET 3.0 will affect the sites that currently use 2.0 and the AJAX Extensions 1.0 as these sites are live and any down time would get me in the @~!£$.If there are issues, are there any work arounds? Many Thanks in advance  The .net Framework 3.0 and 3.5 add features to the .net framework 2.0 so installing the additional framework should not cause any pro...

Firefox 1.5.0.2 / 1.5.0.3 build errors
I've been trying all day to build Firefox 1.5.0.2 and 1.5.0.3 under Windows XP Pro, using a fresh install of cygwin, and MS Visual Studio 2003 (i.e., VC7.1). I've followed all the steps on the web site, I've set my environment variables appropriately, and no matter what I do, I end up with an error in c:\mozilla\dist\include\string\nsString.h(55): error C2006: '#include' : expected a filename, found 'identifier'. When I look at the line in question, it's "# include NEW_H"--which is obviously invalid. The only reference I've fo...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729
Name: Patrick Email: plakt97312atmsndotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729 Comments: Firefox 3.5.7 running on HP Laptop hp G60, with Vista. When opening various websites, Firefox has functionality problems, specifically the minimize, size window, or close buttons in the upper left corner do not work. The scroll bar still works. Also, if I go to a website (i.e. Hotels.com AAA.com, etc.) and use a calendar at the site to select a date, Firefox freezes some of the time and shuts down. All I get is a rotating circle when I select the date and then Firefox shuts down. I have been sending the reports to you all. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Name: hajori Email: hajoriataondotat Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Comments: (Deutsch) Seit den Update braucht Firefox 5 Minuten um eine neue Seite zu laden das kann doch nicht normal sein ?????????? Oder ? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wis...

Migrate DataGrid .NEt 1.1 to .NEt 2.0
Hi I has just convert my ASP.NET web application from .NET 1.1 to .NEt 2.0 so far there is no problem but my datagrid seems to be acting really weird my datagrid has 3 columns and have paging enabled. When there is one/two row of data. The paging(which shows us the number of page) seems to have a column span of 1)  If i click on the second row of data.... the paging will have the column span of 3 This does not happen if there is more than 2 data   please go to the link for better clarification http://yingleekit.multiply.com/photos/album/1/work#1 http://ying...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

stalled transfer Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.8.0.3) Gecko/20060425 SUSE/1.5.0.3-7 Firefox/1.5.0.3
I experience stalled or no download of all (not only specific web-sites) using firefox while another browser "Konquereor" is working normally. Firefox is looking up.. connecting... transferring and then stalled sometimes I get the message "I cant find the server", surprisingly because the status shows transferring, or a login window for the router shows up what has not been seen with the other web browser. A second Linux PC in the network is working as supposed, the router is wide open... connection settings are already checked. May be anybody has a hint? ...

Web resources about - error after convert .net framework 1.0 to 3.5 sp1 - asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0

Google releases open-source iOS UI testing framework, EarlGrey
On Wednesday, Google released their aptly named UI testing framework , EarlGrey. Having been using the framework in a few of their current iOS ...

Frameworks sign to Deathwish for new album, add leg with O'Brother to tour
by Andrew Sacher photo: Frameworks at Saint Vitus in 2014 (more by Greg Cristman) The increasingly interesting Gainesville screamo revivalists ...

Sneak Peek: Leading Innovation Framework
My newest book, Leading Innovation , debuts on Monday. Here’s a sneak peek about implementing innovation as a framework. Innovation doesn’t ...

13 frameworks for mastering machine learning
... way. The trend isn't fueled by cheap cloud environments and ever more powerful GPU hardware alone; it’s also the explosion of frameworks now ...

Node.js Foundation take jurisdiction of Express Web framework
The Node.js Foundation, which has jurisdiction over the popular server-side JavaScript platform, is adding the Express MVC Web framework for ...

Agile Frameworks: Does Anyone Know What A Framework Is?
[Welcome to the first in a series of posts about Agile frameworks. In this series, Cutter consultants in the Agile Product Management & Software ...

Weaving Nanomaterials Gives Strength To Covalent Organic Frameworks
Scientists in California have found a way of weaving long chain molecules together to create covanelt organic frameworks for use in catalytic ...

Democrats attempt to set legal framework to sue the gun industry out of existence
Well, most of the Democratic 2016 field supports this, as do anti-gun activists, so it’s no surprise that some members of Congress are trying ...

Prez Pranab Mukherjee asks Governors to act within framework of Constitution
President Pranab Mukherjee yet again asked Governors to act within the framework of the Constitution and "they must not only be fair but also ...