datagrid migration error

hi

In web application created in asp.net1.1. I migrated asp.net1.1 to asp.net2.0. Datagrid have textboxes, enter the textbox values and click save button the values are disappear in asp.net2.0. Its working in asp.net1.1.  please guide me why it is disappear in asp.net2.0. how to solve this problem.

Regards,

Devan.G

0
devangopinathan
4/6/2009 11:27:35 AM
asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0 1016 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Migrate DataGrid .NEt 1.1 to .NEt 2.0
Hi I has just convert my ASP.NET web application from .NET 1.1 to .NEt 2.0 so far there is no problem but my datagrid seems to be acting really weird my datagrid has 3 columns and have paging enabled. When there is one/two row of data. The paging(which shows us the number of page) seems to have a column span of 1)  If i click on the second row of data.... the paging will have the column span of 3 This does not happen if there is more than 2 data   please go to the link for better clarification http://yingleekit.multiply.com/photos/album/1/work#1 http://ying...

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

How to migrate from .NET V 1.0 to .NET v 2.0
  I have a asp.net applicatin currently running with v1.1.4322, I want to migrate to v2.0.50727 . I have run a "aspnet_regiss.exe -i". But it seems to be not enouft. When i open a page i get a "The 'system.serviceModel/serviceHostingEnvironment' configuration section cannot be created". And what about Visual Studio, I am using Visual Studio 2003. Does i have to change anything to make Visual Studio 2003 compile with version 2. And does i need to change somthing in machine.config ?  Best Regards   To get vs2003 to build the app for .NET 2.0, you need to upgrade to ...

Migrating .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0/3.5
We have many of our application running in .NET 1.1, and plannig to migrate all one-by-one, i know there will be a big challenge for this activity, What we are planning is not to migrate all in one shot, After migrating one application we will give for some selective users testing once we feel it is OK, do the next. What is best way of doing this thing? Any links, thrid party tools, since opening this in VWD 2005, it is converting the application but many errors are popuping up. Any reference would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance. Hi, Please follow the steps mentioned in this l...

Problem with Project Migrating from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0
Hi i am working in .net 1.1 and i am working on a web service. it 's working fine in .net 1.1 with vs2003 but when i migrated my WS from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 i am getting System.FormatException while converting datetime from string using DateTime.Parse method. it was not happening earlier when i was using .net 1.1. My WS converted from vs2003 to vs2005 using a wizard and it doesn's shows a single error.   i did lots of googling on this issue but didnot gets any help , so any reply in the matter will be highly appericiable.  thanks vishal sharma vishalsharma808...

What are the advantages of migrating applications written in .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0?
Hello,Can someone tell me the advantages of migrating my current aplication which has been developed in ASP.NET 1.1 to ASP.NET 2.0? I have read and implemented some of the technical advantages that come with ASP.NET 2.0 and .NET 2.0. But how do I convince our customer that we should upgrade the existing application in production for a couple of years now to .NET 2.0... like the performance benefits we gain by doing that? Read that .NET 2.0 is a lot (around 40%) faster than .NET 1.1 and has all those performance enhancing features like the precompilation, enhanced data caching... in addition ...

Any advantages of migrating to .NET 2.0 on still using .NET 1.1 projects?
Sorry for the noob Q - but will I get any advantages in installing .NET 2.0 Framework alongside .NET 1.1 if I dont plan to upgrade my ASP .NET 1.1 web applications?I have a few servers that I will be installing the .NET 2.0 Framework so as to develop in VS2005, however on some servers that will not (at this stage) be used for .NET 2.0 apps and that I may not have the time to convert some VS2003 applications to VS2005, I was in the 'if it aint broke, dont fix it' kind of thinking and didn't know if installing .NET 2.0 would bring any advantages.TIA.  I happen to agree. If you don't nee...

Migration of .NET 1.0 to 2.0
I have an application that I wrote using VS .NET 2003 and complied on the .Net 1.1.... framework. I have recently purchased VS 2005 and migrated the app to the new 2.0 framework. After getting a bunch of variable declarations removed automatically from the program I had a little more cleaning up to do. But, the program functioned fairly normal. I have noticed however that for some reason my calendars do not show the date selected. I have code to set the selected date to a specific date and the code runs, the watch window shows the calendar's selected date is correct, but when the page is...

.net 1.1 to .NET 2.0 migration generates additional .aspx.xx files
 Hi all,when doing the upgrade in VS 2005 two more additional pages get created, aspx.designer.cs and aspx.resx, do I need to keep these files?Thanks  The designer and resx pages are normal - just ignore them.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped.  Refer below links regarding migration  http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration/Migration.aspx http://rextang.net/blogs/work/archive/2006/04/16/3645.aspx P...

Migrated datagrid 1.1 to gridview 2.0
Hello,   I try to convert my application to Frameworks 2.0. I've successed migrate all objets but I've just a problem with edititem in grid view. I use this following code but the e.Item.ItemIndex doesn't exist anymore. Do you have a solution to fix it ?  Tanks for your help    protected void DataGridSignature_RowCommand(object sender, GridViewCommandEventArgs e)        {            switch (e.CommandName)            { &n...

Migrating form .NET 1.1 to 2.0
Hi, I need some help to solve my issue: Recently we have migrated the .NET 1.1 code to .NET 2.0. With .NET 1.1 we have used Infragistics Net Advantage 2004 ,after migrating to .NET 2.0 also we have used the same version of infragistics,as we are facing problems with it ,we have upgraded the Infragistics version to Net Advantage 2008. Now we are getting "object reference not set to an instance" error,we are unable to debug the issue as it is straight away going to the error even if we put some break point in the previous steps. Please help me in solving this issu...

Web resources about - datagrid migration error - asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EU-Turkey summit to center on stemming migration flow
EU-Turkey summit to center on stemming migration flow

Microsoft Office 2016: Tips for a seamless migration
... between older and alternative systems amongst the workforce, reducing the negative externalities caused from large scale system migration. ...

GOP Lawmakers Call For Curbs, Freeze On Muslim Migration To U.S.
... support for reducing or suspending visa issuances from Muslim countries. Weber told the panel that in the last year alone the Senate Immigration ...

THE US EMV MIGRATION REPORT: What new chip cards mean for consumers, issuers, and merchants
... includes cards that store user information on a chip rather than a magnetic stripe — to make card-present payments more secure. The migration, ...

U.S.-Mexican migration study counters 2016 campaign narrative
Finding by Pew Research Center represents turning point in one of the largest mass migrations in U.S.

G20 leaders agree to cooperate on migration
G20 leaders agree to cooperate on migration

Migration to Windows 10 to be fastest yet, says Gartner
Windows 10 is poised to become the most widely installed version of Windows ever, following on the path of Windows XP and Windows 7 before it, ...

Huawei, Telefonica Partner on Enterprises Cloud Migration
The first countries where the enterprise cloud service will be deployed are Brazil, Mexico and Chile during the first quarter of 2016.

Africa-Europe: The politics of migration
While Western eyes have recently focused on the east and arrivals from Syria and Afghanistan, people from a dozen or so African countries continue ...