Any advantages of migrating to .NET 2.0 on still using .NET 1.1 projects?

Sorry for the noob Q - but will I get any advantages in installing .NET 2.0 Framework alongside .NET 1.1 if I dont plan to upgrade my ASP .NET 1.1 web applications?
I have a few servers that I will be installing the .NET 2.0 Framework so as to develop in VS2005, however on some servers that will not (at this stage) be used for .NET 2.0 apps and that I may not have the time to convert some VS2003 applications to VS2005, I was in the 'if it aint broke, dont fix it' kind of thinking and didn't know if installing .NET 2.0 would bring any advantages.
TIA.

0
sallas001
1/17/2007 1:23:49 AM
📁 asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0
📃 1016 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 1 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1334 Views

I happen to agree. If you don't need the .NET Framework 2.0 installed, don't install it. Since they are completely seperate, the .NET Framework 1.1 and 2.0 do not effect each other, so you won't get any benefits from installing 2.0 if you aren't going to use it.

Cheers,

       Kevin Jones

0
vcsjones