__doPostBack function in .NET 1.x and .NET 2.0

It appears that the __doPostBack function has changed in .NET 2.0. The .NET 2.0 version doesn't seem to handle the conversion of dollar signs ("$") in generate control names to colons (":").

I'm using an Axezz datagrid inside of a MasterPage along with 3 other user controls in the MasterPage.

The Axezz datagrid has sorting capablilites. When sorting is enabled the column have script attached to them that reads "javascript:__doPostBack('_ctl0$ContentPlaceHolder1$Grid1','orderby:5:1')" when the grid is rendered.

The problem is that when I click on the column, the page post back, but the grid does not sort. I'm curious to know when does the "$" get converted to ":" in 2.0 in order to match on the unique name. The believe the 1.1 version would have converted the dollar signs to colons. Is this correct?

When I take the reference to the Master Page the grid sorts.

Any assistance is extremly appreciated.

0
MS
3/12/2006 8:02:46 PM
asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0 1016 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Fixed issue by creating a brand new web application and imported all files. Updated web config with settings. Compiled and it worked!!
0
MS

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

Migrate DataGrid .NEt 1.1 to .NEt 2.0
Hi I has just convert my ASP.NET web application from .NET 1.1 to .NEt 2.0 so far there is no problem but my datagrid seems to be acting really weird my datagrid has 3 columns and have paging enabled. When there is one/two row of data. The paging(which shows us the number of page) seems to have a column span of 1)  If i click on the second row of data.... the paging will have the column span of 3 This does not happen if there is more than 2 data   please go to the link for better clarification http://yingleekit.multiply.com/photos/album/1/work#1 http://ying...

.NET 1.X interference with .NET 2.0
Hi, I want to install Microsoft SQL Server Express edition, which requires .NET Framework 2.0 as a pre,I have .NET 1.1 installed (my work station is a development one with Win XP Pro), and I have several local development projects,Does installing .NET 2.0 on my work station will cause an interference with .NET 1.1 ?Thanx,The best glimpse of heaven is on the way into hell ;)yousef.omar@gmail.comhttp://nonstopbiztalk.blogspot.com I run Visual Interdev (for classic asp), Visual Studio .NET 2003 (for asp.net 1.1) and Visual Web Developer 2005 (for asp.net 2.0) and they all run fine. ...

How to migrate from .NET V 1.0 to .NET v 2.0
  I have a asp.net applicatin currently running with v1.1.4322, I want to migrate to v2.0.50727 . I have run a "aspnet_regiss.exe -i". But it seems to be not enouft. When i open a page i get a "The 'system.serviceModel/serviceHostingEnvironment' configuration section cannot be created". And what about Visual Studio, I am using Visual Studio 2003. Does i have to change anything to make Visual Studio 2003 compile with version 2. And does i need to change somthing in machine.config ?  Best Regards   To get vs2003 to build the app for .NET 2.0, you need to upgrade to ...

Migrating .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0/3.5
We have many of our application running in .NET 1.1, and plannig to migrate all one-by-one, i know there will be a big challenge for this activity, What we are planning is not to migrate all in one shot, After migrating one application we will give for some selective users testing once we feel it is OK, do the next. What is best way of doing this thing? Any links, thrid party tools, since opening this in VWD 2005, it is converting the application but many errors are popuping up. Any reference would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance. Hi, Please follow the steps mentioned in this l...

Problem with Project Migrating from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0
Hi i am working in .net 1.1 and i am working on a web service. it 's working fine in .net 1.1 with vs2003 but when i migrated my WS from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 i am getting System.FormatException while converting datetime from string using DateTime.Parse method. it was not happening earlier when i was using .net 1.1. My WS converted from vs2003 to vs2005 using a wizard and it doesn's shows a single error.   i did lots of googling on this issue but didnot gets any help , so any reply in the matter will be highly appericiable.  thanks vishal sharma vishalsharma808...

.net 2.0 to .net 1.1
Hello , This is shrirang. Currently i am working .net2.0 web application. but the same application is runing on production in .net 1.1 freamwork . we are not using any new feature of 2.0 in our application . can i run build of 2.0 on 1.1 freamwork . if yes can you  please tell me necessary steps to achive it .     Thanks in advance for your kind help     Regards Shrirang i think it is not possible to run the 2.0 application in 1.1 , so try to change to the frame work in the production server . ThanksRaja Ragothaman Hi Shrirang, Please contact web adm...

having .net 1.1 and .net 2.0
Was just wondering if you someone could tell me the ramifications of the following:  I have .net 2.0 but did not uninstally .net 1.1, i have visual studio 2003, and visual web developer installed on the computer as well as sql server 2000.  my question is whether that is a problem having the two runtimes installed at the same time?  i did this because i wanted to use VWD but keep vs 2003 in case i needed to do any development for work....any comments are appreciated.  --jpIf my post is helpful please mark as answerRegards -- jp(http://www.rzrsolutions.com/rzrWeb20/...

What are the advantages of migrating applications written in .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0?
Hello,Can someone tell me the advantages of migrating my current aplication which has been developed in ASP.NET 1.1 to ASP.NET 2.0? I have read and implemented some of the technical advantages that come with ASP.NET 2.0 and .NET 2.0. But how do I convince our customer that we should upgrade the existing application in production for a couple of years now to .NET 2.0... like the performance benefits we gain by doing that? Read that .NET 2.0 is a lot (around 40%) faster than .NET 1.1 and has all those performance enhancing features like the precompilation, enhanced data caching... in addition ...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Any advantages of migrating to .NET 2.0 on still using .NET 1.1 projects?
Sorry for the noob Q - but will I get any advantages in installing .NET 2.0 Framework alongside .NET 1.1 if I dont plan to upgrade my ASP .NET 1.1 web applications?I have a few servers that I will be installing the .NET 2.0 Framework so as to develop in VS2005, however on some servers that will not (at this stage) be used for .NET 2.0 apps and that I may not have the time to convert some VS2003 applications to VS2005, I was in the 'if it aint broke, dont fix it' kind of thinking and didn't know if installing .NET 2.0 would bring any advantages.TIA.  I happen to agree. If you don't nee...

Web resources about - __doPostBack function in .NET 1.x and .NET 2.0 - asp.net.migrating-from-1.x-2.0

Bug and Fix: ASP.NET fails to detect IE10 causing _doPostBack is undefined JavaScript error or maintain ...
Scott Hanselman on Programming, User Experience, The Zen of Computers and Life in General

In-Flight Entertainment Systems
Linefit & retrofit in-flight systems include X Series In-Flight Entertainment Systems, IFE, IFEC, eX1, eX2, eX3, eXLite, eXW, eXO, eXK, Digital ...

Buy RAM Memory, Kingston, GSkill Available - eStore
Buy desktops, laptops, tablets, computer accessories, software, printers and IT supplies at cheap prices from eStore Australia. Choose from brands ...

Calendar for Alumni and Friends - UNSW Alumni - UNSW Australia
Search: Login - Register Alumni Home About Us Who We Are UNSWorld Alumni Online How To Get Involved Staff Alumni Alumni Networks Alumni Office ...

Commodity Market Report - LME - Futures market - Support & Resistance
Get daily commodities market report,commodity trading report,london metal exchange,lme stock,support & resistance,futures market,lme copper,aluminum,copper ...

Government of Alberta - Programs and Services
... Licence, Alberta Business Registration, Alberta Corporate Registries, Incorporation and more information about the Alberta Economy. __doPostBack('__Page','') ...

鏀垮姟鍏紑 - 娼窞绉戞妧鍗忎細
2012骞?鏈?4鏃?鏄熸湡浜?/span> 锛屾偍濂斤紒娆㈣繋璁块棶娼窞甯傜瀛︽妧鏈崗浼氱綉绔?a onclick="return true;" id="Sheader1_btnExit" href="javascript:__doPostBack('Sheader1$btnExit','')" ...

Most Followed Members
Investors Hub Most Followed Members

Steps to Invest - AssetBuilder Inc., Registered Investment Advisor
AssetBuilder is a SEC-registered Investment advisory firm that has developed statistically efficient Building Block portfolios using Dimensional ...

Medical displays - Barco
Search English / Germany ( Change ) myBarco log in - New to myBarco? - Preferred language: Deutsch English español français italiano 日本語 한국어 ...