XML SiteMap Generator:

hey there

I want to make a sitemap for my website. But there are more than 5000 pages on that website. And i want such software which can index all of these pages automatically because its almost impossible to write the code for all of them?

Please Suggest any free software or any other alternate way.

Thanks

Nouman Rasheed

If the going seems easy, You are going DownHill...
0
khnouman

There are some sites which provide the sitemaps in xml format if we enter the deployed site address. Just do a google search for that...

Probably you can get atleast something.

0
mejohn
11/5/2008 8:35:55 AM

If you can make changes to the server, then the below link may be of some use to you.

 http://code.google.com/p/googlesitemapgenerator/

Thanks
Dean
Dean Simpson's Personal Site
0
Dean

SQL XML Query
Hay Gurus'  Please can you help out this with this question????  I have created a SQL 2005 select statement that returns an XML file with the correct items (in the correct format) to be used as a sitemap...  This needs to have a function and then a select statement run in conjunction 1 CREATE FUNCTION QuickNav(@MenuItem int) 2 RETURNS XML 3 WITH RETURNS NULL ON NULL INPUT 4 BEGIN RETURN 5 (SELECT ID as "@ID", Title as "@title", url as "@url", Description as "@Description", ParentID as "@ParentID", NodeGroupParent as "@NodeGroupParent", ImageU...

SQL XML Query
Hi there'  Can  any one help out this with this question????  I have created a SQL 2005 select statement that returns an XML file with the correct items (in the correct format) to be used as a sitemap...  This needs to have a function and then a select statement run in conjunction 1 CREATE FUNCTION QuickNav(@MenuItem int) 2 RETURNS XML 3 WITH RETURNS NULL ON NULL INPUT 4 BEGIN RETURN 5 (SELECT ID as "@ID", Title as "@title", url as "@url", Description as "@Description", ParentID as "@ParentID", NodeGroupParent as "@NodeGroupP...

tool in vs.net to generate xml documentation for vb.net
hello i need a tool in vs.net to generate xml documentation for vb.net thank you for the help and for the time Check out the VB.NET add-in for XML comments.Regards,Alex hello thank you for the support i click the link add-in and the page that has been opened does not have relation what i want Click around in the workspaces area. I think they are redirecting to the 'site update' page no matter what you go to initially. Once you've visited a couple pages, try the link again as it works fine.Regards,Alex...

Migrate from VS2003 to VS2005
Hello, please help me with my problem. Projects were successfully migrated from 2003 to 2005. I have VS2005 Team Edition, installed: VS80-KB898904-X86-ENU.exe, VS80-KB915364-X86-ENU.exe, WebApplicationProjectSetup.msi. I tried to open solution. At first I couldn’t open solution at all I have done the next changes: “You will need to change the MSBuild targets in the project file. Open this file with a text editor and replace the VSTO target with this one <Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\Microsoft.VisualStudio.OfficeTools.targets" />”. Now I can open solution but...

XML Sitemap Generator?
Hi All: I have a database-driven website where virtually every page is dynamically generated from the dB...sort of a CMS. I'd like to be able to dynamically generate an xml sitemap by querying the dB and returning an xml-formatted sitemap when the search engine requests the "page". I understand what I need to do in my code-behind to generate the output, but... Would I want to create a web form to do this, or a web service, or something else? All I've ever created up to this point are .aspx pages with VB in the code-behind controlling the content, but I'm not sure...

Migrating VS2003 to VS2005.
Hello, I have recently migrated VS2003 web application(ASP.NET 1.0) to VS2005 (ASP.NET2.0). But after migration I am getting an error saying a particular DLL is not defined. How do I register this DLL in the server so that I can overcome this problem. Note: I have migrated the application which is in different machine(i.e., Shared drive).   Thanks, Renil. You don't have to register the dll on the server.  Just put it in your App_Code folder  and then add a reference to it in Solution Explorer.http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/1886a4bb-c9d8-4ba6-8078-04b...

.net 1.1 to .NET 2.0 migration generates additional .aspx.xx files
 Hi all,when doing the upgrade in VS 2005 two more additional pages get created, aspx.designer.cs and aspx.resx, do I need to keep these files?Thanks  The designer and resx pages are normal - just ignore them.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped.  Refer below links regarding migration  http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration/Migration.aspx http://rextang.net/blogs/work/archive/2006/04/16/3645.aspx P...

how to generate a sitemap.xml for a website
 Hello all,can someone please guide in how to generate a sitemap.xml (xml format) for an entire website. i know they are lot of paid sitemap generators for xml format. was wondering if this possible.Thanks This one is free and seems to work (July 2008): http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/Hope that helps. If it did, please click 'Mark as answered'....

Migrating a VS2003 project to VS2005
I need to migrate a web project from VS2003 to VS2005. I am a novice user. List down the steps that need to take care before migrating. Is there a tool (don't want that tool in VS2005 setup) that will migrate my solution to 2005 hassle free? Thanks! Viswanth V.G Check out this article:Step-By-Step Guide to Converting Web Projects from Visual Studio .NET 2002/2003 to Visual Studio 2005 Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! Great link... Thanks a ton! My problem is to convert all the *.vb code files to Partial classes. ...

Upgraded VB.NET from VS2003 to VS2005
I have added new components in C#.  The C# code preforms normally.  But changes in the VB code are not executed.  I can step through the VB code and watch it execute code that is no longer there.  I have run clean, and rebuilt the solution and web site. But I still get old code executed.  Where is the old module stored and how can I replace it? Thanks, Hi, Based on my understanding, when you run the code, the changes on the code is not applied. If we insert the breakpoint on that code, does it can be hit or show some warning message on the breakpoint? This looks ...

About migrating the managed Dll from VS2003 to VS2005
Hi everyone!I have a managed C++ Dll which compiled by Visual Studio 2003,and I migrate it to Visual Studio 2005 these days,and call it by some C# applications.Unfortunately it always report error:"is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)",I also can not tarce into it,for once I refer the class in the dll,the C# console application will report that error when I press F5!Please suggess me if any one have solve.Birch Howe First, make sure you are compiling in the proper mode.  Check Visual Studio 2005's Configuration Manager (Build menu, Confi...

Error on migrating webapplication from VS2003 to VS2005
I created web application with C# with VS2003 successfully. Now I pulled the solution to VS2005.  But a build error appears as " It is an error to use a section registred as allowDefinition = " Machine to application" beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS". The error occrurs with in the authentication tag in web.config. I have confiremed that the virtual directory is configurated as an application through virtual directory properties.  Can some one help on this issue?  Can you make sure you...

.net app to generate Web.sitemap
Hi im n newbie to ASP.NET Does anybody have an application that could be called on the server to generate a new sitemap that would be mapped to the folder structure of the root folder? Basically I need a script that when called would traverse through the folders of the site and add all folders to a new Web.sitemap It is important that it would add all folders, even if they are not linked to by any page or file. i.e. if somebody has just added a new directory to the structure, it should be linked to. If anybody has an app that would do this it would be much appreciated. ...

Web resources about - XML SiteMap Generator: - asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005