VS 2003 Call Stack logging

 Hi,

I need to find the find the flow of code in my application.

Currently I looking the call stack window and identifying the code flow.

I want to log the content of call stack window in to a flat file.

Also is there is any other way to find the code flow?

Plz help me in this regard.

Thanks,

Rajiv.

Thanks,
Rajiv.
0
rajivharris

You could get the information programmatically:

    {
        System.Diagnostics.StackTrace Stack = new StackTrace();

        StackFrame[] Frames = Stack.GetFrames();

        foreach (StackFrame Frame in Frames)
        {
            Response.Write("Method: " + Frame.GetMethod().Name + "<br />");
        }
    }

Steve Wellens

My blog
0
SGWellens
9/29/2008 1:58:02 PM

 Thanks Steve.

But i need to track the code flow.

Say method1 calls method2 which inturn calls method3.

Is it possible to track this code flow?

Thanks,
Rajiv.
0
rajivharris
10/4/2008 6:41:20 AM

 Thanks Steve.

But i need to track the code flow.

0
jlqm
12/15/2008 3:02:24 PM

Doesn't the supplied code do that?

    {
        function1();
    }
    void function1()
    {
        function2();
    }
    void function2()
    {
        function3();
    }
    void function3()
    {
        System.Diagnostics.StackTrace Stack = new StackTrace();

        StackFrame[] Frames = Stack.GetFrames();

        foreach (StackFrame Frame in Frames)
        {
            Response.Write("Method: " + Frame.GetMethod().Name + "&lt;br />");
        }
    }

Sample partial output:

Method: function3
Method: function2
Method: function1
Method: Button1_Click
Method: OnClick
Method: RaisePostBackEvent

Steve Wellens

My blog
0
SGWellens

Migration VS.Net 2003 to VS.Net 2005
I want to migrate to framework 2.0.Questions :1) Can i use Vs.Net 2005 and framework 2.0 with Sql Server 2000 ? or must i migrate too 2005 2) I read in some forums there is some problem to migrate vs.net 2003 solutions/project to 2005, It's right ?3) Is it necessery to modify a lot of c# code (deprecate, ...) ?4) Can i work both Vs.Net2003 framework 1.1 ans Vs.net 2005 framework 2.0 on the same development machine ?Thanks. Patrick Ducret Hi, 1) Yes you can. You can use SQL2000 from .NET 2.0 as you did from .NET 1.x. SQL2005 just has some additional features to offer. 2) It can be if...

Migrating from VS.NET 2003 to VS.NET 2008
 We are getting ready to start migrating all our applications from Visual Studio 2003 to Visual Studio 2008. Is anyone aware of any direct conversion issues? Also. a lot of our 1.1 apps use datatables as the datasource can we still do this in 2008? Yes you can.I have done some migration between 1.1 and 2.0 and there were some small issues but in general most of the things worked fine.For example Microsoft has changed the html validator in Visual Studio.also some events works a little different. If you share session cookie between some 1.1 and 2.0 (or) later apps you have to do so...

Migration issues from VS.Net 2003 to VS.Net 2005
I have a ASP.Net 1.x web application developed using VS 2003. The language used for this application is VB.Net. When I tried to migrate to VS 2005 I am getting the list of errors and warnings as shown below. I have been trying the migration in a new machine which does not have VS 2003.  List of Error:  1. Expression of type 'String' can never be of type 'System.DBNull'.   List of Warnings: 1. The referenced component 'CDONTS' could not be found.   2. Cannot load type library for reference "CDONTS". Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003 #2

Vs.Net 2002 and Vs.Net 2003
Hello: I've one question that keeps messing with my head, I want to know if you have: 1. VS.Net 2002 with Framework 1.0 and 1.1 in the same PC, which Framework it compiles apps for? 2. VS.Net 2003 with Framework 1.0 and 1.1 in the same PC, which Framework it compiles apps for? Is it possible to have an app compiled for framework 1.0 that uses DLLs or assemblies compiled for framework 1.1???? and still work ok?? thanks a lot....

VS.NET 2003 to VS.Net 2005
Hi   I just converetd my VS.Net 2003 project to VS.NET 2005 using the convert wizard in Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project. It compiled with no build errors and a few warnings. When Iam trying to view the project, then it gives me 404 error. Can someone help ? Thanks Could you confirm you are using WAP (Web Application Projects) versus the built-in WSP (Web Site model)? If you have a project file after converting, then you are using WAP. Could you post the actual 404 error you got? Also, did you set your start page in the converted project?  -Mike-...

Migration issues in UI portion of .Net 1.1 from VS 2003 to VS 2005
Hi there, We are trying to migrate VS2003 app (client and web app) into VS 2005. We were successful compiling the application. But when we try to run the app from Web it gives us the following error: Unable to locate the file containing one of the providers referenced in web.config.  Please check your file and correct the errorCould not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\DDDD\UI\bin\some..dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Everything seems to be going well but I am not sure what I need to do.Thanks JOhn   Hi John - Is the client app ...

VS.NET 2000 Versus VS.NET 2003
Hi, I'm using VS.NET 2003 at home, but at my uni's using VS.NET 2000. So if i do work at home and bring to UNI and run on VS.NET 2000. Does any problem with that ? Thanks. Jeff. any projects you create in VS2003 won't open on VS2002 once you open a VS2002 project in VS2003 and covert it, it won't open again in VS2002 Nick www.vb-tech.comhttp://www.vb-tech.com Thanks nickswan....

Upgrade IBS from VS.NET to VS.NET 2003
Anyone encountered any problems while performing this upgrade? Like "ASPNetPortal.PortalModuleControl could not be loaded." If so, what is the casue, how did you fix it ? Thanks I know it is of no help but ... It went painlessly for me Sorry DavidMVarious IBS Addons available at http://www.snowcovered.comLead Developer [vb & c#] - MCAD I not have any problem. check the project references or try a clean install hmmm - thanks for the replies. I'm trying to help out the user who posted this message I'm struggling to find a reason why he's having suc...

VS.NET 2003 and VS.NET 2005 on same machine
I've seen some postings indicating that you can have VS.NET 2003 and VS.NET 2005 side by side on the same machine.  I've also seen some comments that if doing this there is something that gets messed up, but I can't locate what it is and what the solution might be. Can someone shed some light on this for me regarding what might get messed up and where I can find the fixes to it? Thanks, Ira  Ira Richard Smith I have this set up. no prob at all.-DarrenNeese.com-DNN ROCKS!-DeveloperSchool.com Same here along with VS.Net 2002 & VS 6.0 I'm running 2003 and 2005 on wi...

VS.NET 2005 to VS.NET 2003 converter
All -- Please help. I need a VS.NET 2005 to VS.NET 2003 converter. OOPs. (It is a long story.) Anyway... Does such a thing exist? Do you have any hints? (The VS.NET 2005 code is simple and does use much of the new stuff.) Please advise. Thank you. --Mark Kamoski  http://www.NetBrainer.com...

VS.net 2003 and VS.net Whidbey on same machine
Is it possible to install (and run) Visual Studio Whidbey on a computer where Visual Studio .net 2003 (and .net Framework 1.1) is currently installed? Or smashes it my Visual Studio 2003 installation? Yes, this is possible. I am doing it on two machines at the present time.JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]Old Dog Learns New TricksPreferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets I also do that, and do not have noticed any problems, but I have heard that other developers have some problems with running the CTP with VS.Net 2003. /Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MV...

Web resources about - VS 2003 Call Stack logging - asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005

Logging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
or skeleton cars . In forestry , the term logging is sometimes used in a narrow sense concerning the logistics of moving wood from the stump ...

More Japanese Users Logging On To Facebook
For years, Mixi has been the social media site of choice in Japan. But new reports suggest that Facebook could overtake Mixi by the end of the ...

‘Trusted Contacts’ lets users turn to friends for help logging into Facebook
Facebook today announced “Trusted Contacts,” an update to its “ Trusted Friends ” security feature that sends access codes to a few of a user’s ...

Reps & Sets - Gym Logging on the App Store on iTunes
Get Reps & Sets - Gym Logging on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Logging into the iPad...jailbreak style - YouTube
Very early work on porting "Spirit" jailbreak by @comex to iPad ... Questions: http://twitter.com/MuscleNerd

Halting highlands logging could prove lucrative
A report says halting logging in the central highlands could boost the state's coffers.

Conservation areas to be opened up to logging
State forests set aside as conservation areas by the previous Labor government could be declassified and reopened for commercial logging and ...

World's worst illegal logging in Indonesia
Indonesia is destroying its tropical rainforests faster than Brazil, and the rate is soaring despite a five-year moratorium on new clearing. ...

O'Farrell government rejects call for logging in national parks
The O'Farrell government has rejected calls from an inquiry led by the Shooters and Fishers Party to allow logging in reserved areas

Logging out? Why young people love to hate Facebook
Researchers, journalists writing about research, and young people themselves have been writing about the perceived decline of Facebook for a ...