Visual Studio 2005 Crashes after migrating from VS2003 to VS2005

I have migrated my project from vs2003 to vs2005 after installing application project. Everything is very smooth. And my project in vs 2005 can be compiled and run. However, when I use master page and try to drag a third party control component into the design region (in the content page), vs 2005 crashes. Well, this is not the headache yet. So I removed master page. And start running the project in debug mode, I keep getting the error message as listed next. Visual studio is frozen to death. No matter if I restart the visual studio or restart the computer, I keep getting the following information.

ASP.NET Development Server failed to start listenig on port 3967
Error message:
Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

The only thing that changes is the port number, from 1xxx to 5xxx.

Then I started a new and very simple web application project that has virutally nothing but an empty form. Visual Studio gives the same error message. That means this problem (I am not sure if I can call it a visual studio bug) is not project specific. It is related to VS 2005. I also searched MSDN website, but did not see any report of such error messages. Please tell me that I am not the first one stepping onto this mine.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.

Best wishes

Michael

huangdashi
0
huangdashi

I will take a guess that you are not using IIS to host your projects, so you are probably using the lightweight server address. It appears that the port is either blocked by a firewall or in use by another process. I doubt it is #2 since it is a port range rather than one specific one.
Cheers,
       Kevin Jones

0
vcsjones
5/19/2006 2:14:36 AM

Thanks for your advise, Kevin. I will take a look in the direction that you pointed out, and give a report later on.

All best wishes

Michael

huangdashi
0
huangdashi

Migrate from VS2003 to VS2005
Hello, please help me with my problem. Projects were successfully migrated from 2003 to 2005. I have VS2005 Team Edition, installed: VS80-KB898904-X86-ENU.exe, VS80-KB915364-X86-ENU.exe, WebApplicationProjectSetup.msi. I tried to open solution. At first I couldn’t open solution at all I have done the next changes: “You will need to change the MSBuild targets in the project file. Open this file with a text editor and replace the VSTO target with this one <Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\Microsoft.VisualStudio.OfficeTools.targets" />”. Now I can open solution but...

Migrating VS2003 to VS2005.
Hello, I have recently migrated VS2003 web application(ASP.NET 1.0) to VS2005 (ASP.NET2.0). But after migration I am getting an error saying a particular DLL is not defined. How do I register this DLL in the server so that I can overcome this problem. Note: I have migrated the application which is in different machine(i.e., Shared drive).   Thanks, Renil. You don't have to register the dll on the server.  Just put it in your App_Code folder  and then add a reference to it in Solution Explorer.http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/1886a4bb-c9d8-4ba6-8078-04b...

How to compile a .Net/vs2003 project outside visual studio or in VS2005
I have a strange urgent issue. Our web server/web apps runs .Net 1.1 and cannot upgrade this to 2.0 or higher right away. The Project I developed is in VS2003. After moving from desktop to laptop, I am not able to install VS2003 on the laptop. Looks like this comes with 3 or 4 installations and I have used all these after getting upgraded desktops and laptops. My old desktop(s) have suddenly become unaccessable. What are my options to complete the 1.1/VS2003 apps :1. Looks like I cannot compile the web apps in VS2005.2. Is there a command line utility that I could use ?3. Any other way ?Than...

Migrating a VS2003 project to VS2005
I need to migrate a web project from VS2003 to VS2005. I am a novice user. List down the steps that need to take care before migrating. Is there a tool (don't want that tool in VS2005 setup) that will migrate my solution to 2005 hassle free? Thanks! Viswanth V.G Check out this article:Step-By-Step Guide to Converting Web Projects from Visual Studio .NET 2002/2003 to Visual Studio 2005 Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! Great link... Thanks a ton! My problem is to convert all the *.vb code files to Partial classes. ...

Error on migrating webapplication from VS2003 to VS2005
I created web application with C# with VS2003 successfully. Now I pulled the solution to VS2005.  But a build error appears as " It is an error to use a section registred as allowDefinition = " Machine to application" beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS". The error occrurs with in the authentication tag in web.config. I have confiremed that the virtual directory is configurated as an application through virtual directory properties.  Can some one help on this issue?  Can you make sure you...

About migrating the managed Dll from VS2003 to VS2005
Hi everyone!I have a managed C++ Dll which compiled by Visual Studio 2003,and I migrate it to Visual Studio 2005 these days,and call it by some C# applications.Unfortunately it always report error:"is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)",I also can not tarce into it,for once I refer the class in the dll,the C# console application will report that error when I press F5!Please suggess me if any one have solve.Birch Howe First, make sure you are compiling in the proper mode.  Check Visual Studio 2005's Configuration Manager (Build menu, Confi...

HTML problems while migrating from VS2003 to VS2005
Hi, all. I tried to get the existing code for my website (originally built on .NET 1.1 using VS2003 as the development tool) to compile within VS2005 for .NET 2.0, but have run into the following problem : The existing code uses include files (i.e. files that are included in .aspx pages using the include macro) that contain inline VB scripting code (for example,  <%=myvariable%> or <% if  IsValidFlag = true then %> ) : The error message is "Character '<' , hexadecimal value 0x3c is illegal in an XML attribute values. If I remove the offending include...

Convert VBA Code to Visual Basic .NET When Migrating to Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office
followup to grc.techtalk Convert VBA Code to Visual Basic .NET When Migrating to Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/odc_vsto2005_ta/html/OfficeVSTOLanguageMigrationFromVBA.asp ----------------------------------------------------------- Quote ----------------------------------------------------------- Dale Oberg ArtinSoft.com March 2005 Applies to: �����Microsoft�Visual�Studio�2005 �����Microsoft�Visual�Studio�2005�Tools�for�the�Microsoft�Office�System �����Microsoft�Visual�Basic�.NET �����Microsoft�Visual�...

Faced many errors after migration from VS2003 to VS2005
 Dear Forum Members,I have a ASP.NET 1.1 project and it is successfully run. Now i am going to migrate it into 2.0. I used the Migration wizard that is already in VS2005. After migration when i build it, it will return many errors. In the below i listed some of them..1. Error    1    Validation (): Element 'html' occurs too few times.    2. Error    2    Cannot switch views: This end tag has no matching start tag.    3. Error    3    Validation (Internet Explor...

Couldn’t open solution which was migrate from VS2003 to VS2005
Hello, please help me I spend huge time for that problem. I’m trying to run project which was migrated from VS203 to VS2005. I installed VS80-KB915364-X86-ENU.exe, VS80-KB898904-X86-ENU.exe, WebApplicationProjectSetup.msi. When I open the solution I have the same error: --------------------------- Microsoft Visual Studio --------------------------- Unable to read the project file 'SolutionName.csproj'. C:\path\ProjectName.csproj(1585,11): The imported project "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v8.0\WebApplications\Microsoft.WebApplication.targets" was not found. Confir...

Migrating from visual studio.net 2002 to 2005
Hello everyone,I am developing a project using visual studio 2002 and my company has recently purchased visual studio 2005. I am in a dilemma whether to migrate to 2005 & continue the rest of development or to finish the project in 2002 & migrate later. I have installed 2005 but seems everything is quite new in the way they handle things. New features like Editing in Grid,User authentication,authorization etc are simpler in 2005. Any suggestions what would be the best option. It is single handed project so decision is upto me.Your valuable suggestio...

Managed DLL is not working after migrating from Visual Studio 2002 to Visual Studio 2005
Hi All, I am using managed code in my application. I have one sample cs file which is using this managed dll to communicate with C++ DLL further. It was working fine till VS 2002. I have just migrated my environment to VS 2005. I have migrated my projects using VS2005 migration facilty. When I am trying to run this CS sample application then it is giving following such messages.Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException  System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8 007007F): The specified procedure could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007F)  Basically...

(Scott?) Migrated Vs2003 to web app vs2005 Page_load fires twice...
Hi there,I have migrated a web project from vs 2003 to vs 2005 using web application projects... It works but page_load always fires twice. I know why this is ... because AutoEventWireUp is set to true BUT if i create a new page then AutoEventWireUp is also set to true and these don't fire twice..I was looking for some hookup source code but it doesn't exist.... I swear i looked high and low... it isn't there.... i was looking for something like this this.Load+=new EventHandler(thi.Page_Load);This means that the autoeventwireup would launch page_load and also above would... hence twice....

Does anybody know how to migrate a VS2003 WSE2.0 program to VS2005 WSE3.0?
Hello. I'm trying to migrate a VS2003.NET(VB), ASP.NET 1.1, .NET Framework 1.1, WSE 2.0 SP3, IIS 5.1 Web Application to VS2005(VB), ASP.NET 2.0, .Net Framwwork 2.0, WSE 3.0, Web Application. There were some errors which i resolved and still two warnings unresolved, but there is just one outstanding error that i cannot figure out how to fix. In the following function i get the error "'Attachments' is not a member of 'Microsoft.Web.Services3.SoapContext'" on the "doc.load" line.     Private Function GetList(ByVal classID As xatanetconduitwebservice.ClassType, ByVal orgID As ...

Just migrated to VS2005 now can't get VS2003 debugger to work
Hi, I just migrated my project from VS2003 to VS2005. Before I started I backed up my VS2003 solution. I now need to go back to VS2003 for a while (my boss has something urgent he wants doing so don't have time to get it working and do proper testing because of the new CLR 2.0). The problem is that I've restored my VS2003 solution and can't get the VS2003 debugger to start. It says: "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server". I've looked at the help file but I need to narrow it down a bit (I can't check all that stuff!): Am I looking at a...

What are the steps to migrate from visual studio2003 to visual studio 2005?
What are the steps to migrate from visual studio2003 to visual studio 2005? Step 1 - Install Visual Studio 2005 Step 2 - When you open a project or solution, it will prompt you to upgrade. Make a back up first, but let it do it's thing - it normally works alright. Step 3 - Enjoy the new features! You will need to install the .NET 2 framework on your servers also. I guess this would help you... http://webproject.scottgu.com/VisualBasic/Migration/Migration.aspxblog.budigelli.com...

I have recently installed Visual Studio.net 2005 on a pc and have been using it to create a .net 2.0 application. I also have pc running Visual Studio 2003 that I use to support a .net 1.1 application. This pc has broke. Would I be ok loading Visual Studio 2003 on the machine I have running Visual Studio 2005 so I can manage both the .net 1.1 and the .net 2.0 applications?               Thanks Danny Hmmm. Not sure if it works in that direction, but I installed VS2005 on a machine that has VS2003 already installed and they seem to play well together.... Cheers,Owen...

Migrate Visual Web Developement 2008 Express application to Visual Studio 2005
Can some body guide on how to migrate existing application build on Vweb dev Express 2008 to Visual Studio 2005.   Thank you     I don't think there's a general way to do this; it all depends on if you are using .NET 3.5 stuff. Why would you want to go backward?  BruceDiscountASP.NET: Developer Ready ASP.NET Web Hosting- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner- Voted 2008, 2007, 2006 & 2005 Best ASP.NET Web Hosting by asp.netPRO Magazine I am using. Net 3.5. Express was a free version but my company has 2005 license, that's the way i am taking...

from Visual Studio .NET to Visual studio 2005 (VB)
Good evening, i hame one quistion about diffrenece Visual studio 2005 and older version.In Visual studio .NET to work with table from data base i do next steps:1. Create new connection to data base in data explorer2. Push my table from data explorer to my form, and master automatically create two components (SqlConnection and SqlDataAdapter)3. Add to from new object - Dataset for transering data to client application (i amke a web service) and execute command from menu Data | Generate DataSet, then in Dialog box i Add this dataset to the designerThat's itThe quistion is how to do this st...

Creating a Centralized dll and migrating to visual studio 2005 from visual web developer express edition
HI, I would like to know if there is a way to create a centralized (only one) dll file for all the aspx files.Because when using visual studio 2003 when i click the build it automatically creates a dll file and puts it in the bin folder. But visual web developer does not seems to do it. the reason i want to do it is, when i up load the files to the web server there are 2 file for each aspx file(1 aspx file and 1 aspx.cs file). but if i just have 1 dll file for all the aspx file then i can only load the aspx file which looks less messy in the server.if i do this will it effect the perf...

Web resources about - Visual Studio 2005 Crashes after migrating from VS2003 to VS2005 - asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005

Thunderclap Migrating From Twitter to Facebook
Thunderclap, a mass-messaging service that gained popularity on Twitter, has set its sights on Facebook . Twitter recently booted Thunderclap ...

Facebook Migrating Unofficial Page Fans to Official Pages at Brand Owner’s Request
Rupesh Mandal is such an avid fan of the Opera Mini web browser that he set up a Page on Facebook totally devoted to celebrating it, and then ...

YouTube - Evaluating & Migrating to Cloud Storage
Hochgeladen am 31.08.2011 When evaluating cloud storage, no matter the need, there are criteria that must be placed above the rest, including: ...

UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating professionals, study finds
... with 28 per cent, was the leading source of professionals, according to the LinkedIn study. The UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating ...

Enchanting video shows hundreds of stingrays migrating through shallow waters
A video showing hundreds of stingrays migrating through shallow waters&nbsp;has gone viral,&nbsp;months after being uploaded to Facebook.

The krilling season: Whales keep tourists migrating south
Earlybird whale watchers in Eden have been rewarded with astounding acrobatic displays in the bay.

Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great
Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great

Researchers say Irukandji jellyfish migrating further south along Qld coast
Researchers say climate change could be altering the migration patterns of the dangerous Irukandji jellyfish along Qld's east coast.

Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating to more advanced technology
... Company , iPhone , and iPad continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating ...

More eBay Merchants Migrating to Amazon in Search of Sales Growth
EBay's once-loyal merchants are moving more of their business to Amazon, saying they get more for their money by selling merchandise via the ...