unable to find script library /aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/webUIValidation.js on migration 1.1 to 2.0

I have this pesky little error pop up when i do a post back on one of our converted pages,

unable to find script library /aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/webUIValidation.js

I assume its the validators? any idea how to make the asp.net validators look in the .net 2.0 folder for the relevant js files?

Regards,

Peter

Peter Heard
0
peter_heard01

By default, this file is in the "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web". you can check whether it exists. If it does not exist, you can try to copy this file from another server.

You also can try to change the Validator to ASP.NET 2.0 version.

We also can try to run "aspnet_regiis -c" to install the correct version of WebUIValidation.js for your website. For more information, see http://weblogs.asp.net/ssharrock/archive/2004/10/18/244150.aspx

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas
10/21/2008 3:25:12 AM

sorry took awhile to get back to you that worked well thanks for your help...

Peter Heard
0
peter_heard01

unable to find unable to find unable to find script library '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js try placing this file manually
i am making a application for traning video buffring from http://localhost/applicationname/viewvideo.aspx is runing fine but when i am open with http://IP Address/applicationname/viewvideo.aspx  get error unable to find unable to find unable to find script library '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js try placing this file manually   please give me solution Tranks in advance     I think you may need to run the aspnet_regiis.exe program, which is in your Microsoft.Net folder under c:\windows. Use the one from framework 1.1. This will reconf...

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

Migrate DataGrid .NEt 1.1 to .NEt 2.0
Hi I has just convert my ASP.NET web application from .NET 1.1 to .NEt 2.0 so far there is no problem but my datagrid seems to be acting really weird my datagrid has 3 columns and have paging enabled. When there is one/two row of data. The paging(which shows us the number of page) seems to have a column span of 1)  If i click on the second row of data.... the paging will have the column span of 3 This does not happen if there is more than 2 data   please go to the link for better clarification http://yingleekit.multiply.com/photos/album/1/work#1 http://ying...

Problem with Project Migrating from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0
Hi i am working in .net 1.1 and i am working on a web service. it 's working fine in .net 1.1 with vs2003 but when i migrated my WS from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 i am getting System.FormatException while converting datetime from string using DateTime.Parse method. it was not happening earlier when i was using .net 1.1. My WS converted from vs2003 to vs2005 using a wizard and it doesn's shows a single error.   i did lots of googling on this issue but didnot gets any help , so any reply in the matter will be highly appericiable.  thanks vishal sharma vishalsharma808...

Migrating .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0/3.5
We have many of our application running in .NET 1.1, and plannig to migrate all one-by-one, i know there will be a big challenge for this activity, What we are planning is not to migrate all in one shot, After migrating one application we will give for some selective users testing once we feel it is OK, do the next. What is best way of doing this thing? Any links, thrid party tools, since opening this in VWD 2005, it is converting the application but many errors are popuping up. Any reference would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance. Hi, Please follow the steps mentioned in this l...

Unable to find script library '/aspnet_client/system-web/1-1-4322/webvalidation.js
One of the common errors that may occur when publishing your application to live server is that you may get the following error. Unable to find script library '/aspnet_client/system-web/1-1-4322/webvalidation.js'try placing this file manually or reinstall by running 'aspnet-regiis-c' This Article deals with this error and provides resolution for the same. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

unable to find script library '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js
Hi all, I am trying to create a login page with ASP.NET Web Matrix ... however, when I load the login.aspx ... it will come out a warning message ... "unable to find script library '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js. Try replace this file manually, or reinstall by running 'aspnet_regiis -c' " ... I found out the WebUIValidation.js is in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\ASP.NETClientFiles\WebUIValidation.js ... but, nothing will get rid of the warning message ... the aspnet_regiis.exe is on C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.ex...

best method to migrate from .net 1.0 to .net 1.1
hi, i have windows xp pro running iis 5.1. i have an intranet site running under iis. i made this site using VS.NET 2002 under .NET framework 1.0.3705. Now i want to upgrade me .NET frame work to version 1.1. , but i still want to use VS.NET 2002 for programming and maintaining the site. How do i do this without the upgrade affecting my already deployed website. A step by step procedure to migrate from version 1.0.3705 to version 1.1 would be quite helpful. Thanks in advance, Raja. Hi, There is an article on this, right on this site. Check this Hope it hel...

best practices to migrate from .net 1.0 to .net 1.1
hi, i have windows xp pro running iis 5.1. i have an intranet site running under iis. i made this site using VS.NET 2002 under .NET framework 1.0.3705. Now i want to upgrade me .NET frame work to version 1.1. , but i still want to use VS.NET 2002 for programming and maintaining the site. How do i do this without the upgrade affecting my already deployed website. A step by step procedure to migrate from version 1.0.3705 to version 1.1 would be quite helpful. Thanks in advance, Raja. Well, at least take a look at this doc about running v1.0 and 1.1 side-by-side h...

unable to find script library 'aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js'
hii get following error unable to find script library 'aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js'. Try palcing file manually, or reinstall by running 'aspnet_regiis -c'.i have tried both the option mesion in error but still i got the error. if any one know the solution let me know. In commnad prompt go to WINDOWS directory(c:\WINDOWS)-->then go to Microsoft.net     ---> then Framework        -->select the version at the end in command prompt look like this  (C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322>...

Unable to find script library '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js'.
I am using Win XP Pro. I installed the webMatrix and used it to create my aspx files. I do not have IIS on my machine. My issue: When I create an aspx file and put a validation control after a textbox, it gives me an error message box that says: "Unable to find script library '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js'. Try placing this file manually, or reinstall by running 'aspnet_regiis -c'." So I go to c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322 and type in aspnet_regiis -c as instructed. I get an error message that says I should install IIS first...

Error: unable to find script library '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js
I've built my 1.1 site in a single directory but now I want the admin component behind a login. I've moved my admin files to a subfolder and ahve been playing with the paths to get it working, but I get the error: unable to find script library '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js I've tried finding that file and placing it in my website folder but it still did not find it. I tried regiis.exe -c but my system does not recognize that as a command. Is there a particular directory I need to be in? Also, will I need to do this again on my staging server when I ...

Web resources about - unable to find script library /aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/webUIValidation.js on migration 1.1 to 2.0 - asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005

The Mono-list 2003-October Archive by Thread
2003-October Archives by Thread Messages sorted by: [ subject ] [ author ] [ date ] More info on this list... Starting: Wed Oct 1 00:04:11 2003 ...

The Mono-list 2003-October Archive by Author
2003-October Archives by Author Messages sorted by: [ thread ] [ subject ] [ date ] More info on this list... Starting: Wed Oct 1 00:04:11 2003 ...

The Mono-list 2003-October Archive by Subject
2003-October Archives by Subject Messages sorted by: [ thread ] [ author ] [ date ] More info on this list... Starting: Wed Oct 1 00:04:11 2003 ...

The Mono-list 2003-October Archive by Date
2003-October Archives by Date Messages sorted by: [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] More info on this list... Starting: Wed Oct 1 00:04:11 2003 ...