Side by Side Execution of .net v1.1 and .net v2.0

Confused [8-)]

Hi i am new bie to asp.net 2.0.Till date i have been developing projects using VS.Net 1.1 and now i hv decided to upgrade to new version 2.0.Now i want to run and develop my projects using any of the versions as desired.My question is that can i install vs 2.0 without updating the previous version and will i be able to develop and run my applications in any of the versions as desired.i have been known that we can run these versions side by side(i.e. one application can use 1.1 and other 2.0),but can we do side by side development as well(i.e. one application can use 1.1 and other 2.0).Thanks in advance for help.....

0
amit
12/13/2005 7:42:49 AM
πŸ“ asp.net.migrate-vs2003-vs2005
πŸ“ƒ 590 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

πŸ’¬ 3 Replies
πŸ‘οΈβ€πŸ—¨οΈ 1849 Views

Hello,

Yes, you can use both versions.

regards

ASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest)
0
smiling4ever
12/13/2005 12:03:40 PM

If you are referring to web applications - each Virtual server must specify the framework to run under.  Both can run side-by-side.. but not under the same virtual server (application pool)

regards,
Dave

David H Friedel Jr.
President/CEO
LOGIKonline, Inc. featuring the eActivated Portal Framework
Letting Others Gather Information & Knowledge onlineβ„’

www.eactivated.com
www.quickpacks.com
0
eActivated
12/13/2005 9:38:55 PM

I was looking into how to do this, and the only way that I could conceive was to go into the Application Configuration module of a site, and change all the application extensions to use the 2.0 framework dll's instead of the 1.1 dll's.  Is there a faster way to do this as you had suggested by changing something in the application pool, or is this what you meant?

Thx

0
darth21